Kate Gosselin's New Man Has His Hands Full

Check out the video!

Kate appeared on "GMA" this morning with new "Dancing with the Stars" partner Tony Dovolani -- making it clear she's determined to win, and that she's dancing to teach her kids a lesson.

Kate has eight kids, a busy schedule and a perfectionist frame of mind, so Tony definitely has his hands full. (For the record, he said that Kate's like "an empty canvas ... I get to paint" -- whatever that means.) The couple has only practiced for three days, and already Kate's having a dance floor installed in the basement. (She plans to practice while the kids are at school and in bed.)

In the clip, Tony says, "Kate's a very good student. She listens well." Think Jon would concur?

next: Mass. Activists Want Lawmakers to Ban Word 'Retard'
Jill March 2, 2010, 3:33 PM

Why does MomLogic like to “stir the pot” about Kate Gosselin? Everytime. Can’t anyone right an objective title and article? She’s got to be doing something right with being on one of ABC’s top rated shows.

Jill March 2, 2010, 3:34 PM

I meant “write” not “right”… (sorry!)

NanaC March 2, 2010, 3:54 PM

I love to watch Tony dance as he is a wonderful dancer, but, I won’t see him this year as I will NOT be watching until Kate is gone.

Anonymous March 2, 2010, 9:06 PM

It is called Dancing with the Stars is it not. With Kate on it should be called dancing with a joke and is she NOT busy enough with 8 kids. Stay out of the lime light and give your poor kids a break

Anonymous March 3, 2010, 9:25 AM

Wow, Anonymous… jealous, spiteful much? What about Pam Anderson- she should stay out of the limelight and give her kids a break also? She’s a Mom too… and moreover, she had a sex tape. If you’re going to call her out on being a Mom, call out the rest.

DEBRA March 3, 2010, 10:42 AM

I agree, Kate should be home with her babies instead of hogging the celebrity lime-light. If she wants her life to be all about her, that’s what she will get. She is missing very important aspects of her children’s lives every time she does her own thing. Kate is extremely selfish and her obvious disconnect with her children will prove to hurt her later on in all of their lives. She doesn’t care enough to be with them as much as possible and allows many others to raise her children and this will come back and haunt her later. She may feel that the kids are too young and won’t notice or remember that she makes choices to be away from them for her own glory and disillusioned fame. Her actions now will have a ripple effect. By the time these children are teenagers, they won’t adore their mother and there will be little to no mutual respect. She is missing it like many parents do when their children are older and the parent wonders why their kids act so disrespectful towards them or ask themselves. “Where did I go wrong?” I strongly believe that this is where so many parents “go wrong”. If you want to instill particular values in your children, then you have to be around as much as humanly possible to do this; otherwise, someone else’s values’, or no values will be instilled. Parents, like Kate, are making a conscious effort to be away from their children for no reasons except self-satisfying. Kate, like many other parents, might say that they are doing this for the kid’s future like for college funds. That’s fine and she is very fortunate to have this type of opportunity to earn the money to pay for her children’s college. However, if she saved more than she spends, she probably had earned enough already to send all of the kids to college twice. Moreover, Kate is in even at greater disadvantage to spread her values out to her children because she has so many children for one and the other problem is because they are at the same age. Many parents know how hard it is to give their time to just one child let alone two, three, four or more. There is a significant difference between parents that don’t have a choice but to be away from their child for various reasons from parents that makes the conscious effort to NOT be with their children for any and all reasons. Children will grow up to know the difference and the difference will reflect future relationships between parent and child. Kate’s children are going to know what she did and that she preferred to be away from them for self-rigorous reasons. If a parent can’t be around full-time, then what time they do have together as a family, must be significant for positive influence. Unfortunately, a parent may not realize this until much later and you could end-up with a very difficult child to understand or an out-of-control child with little respect or honor for their elders or others for that matter. To Kate and other parents with the same self-serving values…you’re missing it! You are missing the extra love, mutual respect, honor and an adoring relationship with your child.

Anonymous March 3, 2010, 11:09 AM

Debra, really- “an obivous disconnect”- do you live in their home? What about all the other Moms who work every day, are they disconnected to their kids? And “she doesn’t care enough” - really? How hurtful is that! She is a mother and this is a Mom’s website- are we really going to ask if she cares for her kids? What does “instilling values” have to do with her choice to work? She’ll be in LA two days a week and 5 straight days at home with the kids during the program. That’s 48 hours gone, 120 hours at home. I work 50 hours a week. I’m gone from my child (while she is in school) more than Kate. Do I not care about my kid? “Saved more than she spends”- do you have acces to her financial situation? Did anyone bash Trista Sutter for being on the same show? Or Pam Anderson or any other Mom? How about Marie Osmond? People, get a grip. *Stop* hating on Kate.

Christi March 3, 2010, 9:40 PM

Anyone else notice Kate seems a LOT happier now that Jon isn’t in the picture? I mean seriously?
And I agree with those who say that people need to put things in perspective here. She is not a bad mom just because she’s in the public eye. She isn’t ‘disconnected’ from her kids - she spends all the time she can with them. That’s far better than many execs who work 50-60-80 hour work weeks and leave their kids in the care of a nanny or other care providers for that time (I was a nanny and I’m not taking issue with them or moms that employ them either). Seriously people, quit judging her so harshly lest you be judged yourself.
Maybe she isn’t as connected as some of us are, maybe she’s more connected than some of us wish we could be. She’s not beating her children, locking them in closets or abusing them any other way. She is a mom doing the best job she knows how, trying to provide for them. And for anyone who bashes her thinking that she’s all about fame, well get a grip - she’s famous for being a mom! That’s more than most of us could ever hope for. And frankly being famous for being a mom isn’t hardly a sin.

Lori P March 4, 2010, 7:02 AM

Isn’t this the same woman who went on the Today show and said that she didn’t have enough $ to pay her bills? A dance floor installed in the basement?!?! I bet that’s inexpensive, LOL

DEBRA March 4, 2010, 7:50 AM

cont. The ending was cut out. There is a significant difference between parents that don’t have a choice but to be away from their child for various reasons from parents that makes the conscious effort to NOT be with their children for any and all reasons. Children will grow up to know the difference and the difference will reflect future relationships between parent and child. Kate’s children are going to know what she did and that she preferred to be away from them for self-rigorous reasons. If a parent can’t be around full-time, then what time they do have together as a family, must be significant for positive influence. Unfortunately, a parent may not realize this until much later and you could end-up with a very difficult child to understand or an out-of-control child with little respect or honor for their elders or others for that matter. To Kate and other parents with the same self-serving values…you’re missing it! You are missing the extra love, mutual respect, honor and an adoring relationship with your child.

ordefeAlora July 1, 2010, 4:36 PM

Greetings Everybody
Peolpe call me Kip. I thank you all for making me feel comfortable and I am thrilled to death to be part of this large and emergent forum of nice people. Today I have just joined. I will be ecstatic to help others that require it and offer assistance where feasible. I also hope to find out new things with reference to web marketing. I get pleasure from affiliate marketing and I am happy I’ve been bitten by the affiliate marketing bug. In order to promote my products, I did most of my promoting off line. When it involves new ideas on internet promoting, I am forever open to new-found ideas. God Bless and Thank you for having me.

Denis Bratchett July 25, 2010, 10:19 PM