Leave Shiloh Alone!

Now a kid can't even be a tomboy without it being a major issue?! This is insanity!

Shiloh

When we saw the cover of Life & Style Weekly this week, we were outraged. The headline? "Why is Angelina Turning Shiloh into a Boy?"

This is just ridiculous. The girl is 3 years old. If she wants to have short hair or be a tomboy, why is it anybody's business? And why is this front-page news?

Life & Style even quoted a so-called parenting "expert" who implied that allowing Shiloh to express herself in this way is somehow damaging. "Little girls have never been women before," said Glenn Stanton, director of Family Formation Studies at the conservative organization Focus on the Family. "They need help, they need guidance of what that looks like. It's important to teach our children that gender distinction is very healthy."

Give us a break! Are you freaking kidding us? MOVE ON!

next: Nissan to Recall 540,000 Vehicles Globally
Sling Lady March 3, 2010, 7:39 PM

Hilarious post… and so true! Lots of mother don’t want to turn their daughters into girlie girls. I agree with you - move on.

Kristyn March 3, 2010, 9:19 PM

Amen Glenn, there’s nothing wrong with gender distinction! I love that my girls are girly girls and hope they remain into the princess, pink, & doll stuff. And also appreciate all the positive things about being a woman later on in life. Although if they chose to dress like boys on their own, I’d accept that, but I can’t say I wouldn’t be sad inside. I’m proud to have 2 daughters.

Kristyn March 3, 2010, 9:23 PM

I also have to add I wouldn’t be very surprised if Shiloh grows up very confused and different than the rest of her peers, or even made fun of for it, we all know how school aged kids behave…it’s one thing is the child herself is choosing this attire & hair style entirely on her own, but we as the public will never know the full story, I just hope it’s not her own mother pushing this on little Shiloh….besides, it’s a tabloid, so who knows what’s true & what is not.

sarallok March 4, 2010, 12:51 AM

Recently, I found an age-gap site called __Agegaplove.com__ It’s a nice place- for Younger Women and Older Men, or Older Women and- Younger Men, to interact with each other. Age gap is- not problem there. You may check out or tell your- friends.

Anonymous March 4, 2010, 5:09 AM

At 3 her PARENTS are choosing her haircut and clothes, not the 3 year old. I don’t have anything wrong with being a tomboy (one of my own girls still is) BUT totally turning her into a boy - that’s just weird.

Robin March 4, 2010, 9:58 AM

Can anyone think that maybe Shiloh cut her own hair and then her parents had to get it FIXED?? come on people she is three and kids do mess with scissors. Even if Shiloh didn’t do it remember that she has 3 other siblings!!!

Jenna March 5, 2010, 10:47 AM

“At 3 her PARENTS are choosing her haircut and clothes, not the 3 year old.”

Haha, are you kidding me? When my daughter was two she was picking out her own clothing. She had a nice mix of feminine and tom-boyish clothing and she was allowed to wear whatever she wanted. It’s important for children to express themselves.

As for the haircut, there are so many reasons to give kids a short hairstyle. For one, it’s easier to manage, but did anyone other than Robin stop to think that maybe she cut it herself? Or got gum in her hair and they had to have it cut out? My kid had fairly long, curly hair — until the neighbor boy went and smashed gum in it and we had to get it cut pretty short. Or maybe Shiloh decided she wanted it short. Contrary to what people seem to think, three-year olds do have opinions.

Anonymous March 9, 2010, 10:21 AM

Jenna - perhaps your 3 year old runs the show, but mine certainly did not, so yes, at 3 the majority of parents are parenting and picking the child’s clothing and haircut

Critt March 23, 2010, 12:55 PM

I let my 3 year old decide what she wears, how she wants her hair. She dresses herself and is super girly. I would like it if she would like to cut her hair,but she tells me no she wants it long. That girl is devoloping style. Her outfits are starting to match :).

Kristen Taylor March 23, 2010, 5:24 PM

The magazine obviously took one picture and trumped up a big story with absolutely no basis for it. There is nothing wrong with girls who don’t want to wear frills or pink. I applaud her parents for letting her dress in whatever makes her happy and comfortable. Re. her hair, short hair on kids is so much easier than long…especially if you have six kids.

Tisha Bisio December 19, 2010, 4:03 AM

I have built a website and I am trying to find a new template.Yours looks pretty decent! You could visit my website and tell me your opinion!

Myrl Rushia December 19, 2010, 9:53 AM

I have built a website and and i want to change the theme.Yours looks pretty decent! Feel free to visit my blog and suggest things!

Isabelle Creekmore January 3, 2011, 6:16 AM

Quite a beautiful website. I built mine and i was looking for some ideas and you gave me a few. The website was developed by you?

Thanks

eyelash growth products January 4, 2011, 9:21 PM

Super-Duper site! I am loving it!! Will come back again. I am taking your feeds also

autoresponder reviews January 5, 2011, 6:13 PM

Hi there! This is my first comment here so I just wanted to give a quick shout out and tell you I really enjoyed reading this.

Commercial Diving Jobs January 7, 2011, 9:39 PM

Hello, can you tell me the address to your Feedburner updates to your website please?

penny auction January 7, 2011, 9:48 PM

1. First-classnews indeed. My father has been awaiting for this information.

iphone repair January 7, 2011, 10:00 PM

iphone restoration is something that a set of people need. wether you dropped your iphone and the goggles destitute, or you dropped your iphone and the lcd broke. Many people wishes inspect to repair their iphone themselves at worst to put one’s finger on wide of the mark that they necessity a professional company to do it.

hydroxatone January 7, 2011, 10:19 PM

1. Outstandingarticle it is really. My boss has been looking for this info.

Commercial Diver Training January 8, 2011, 2:01 AM

Hey, can you tell me the address to your Feedburner feed for the page if possible?