Is Lohan E*TRADE's 'Milkaholic' Lindsay?

It's one thing to be paranoid -- but it's another thing to get all litigious 'n shizz about your delusions.

lindsey lohan etrade baby

momlogic's Vivian: The New York Post reports oft-wrecked actron Lindsay Lohan is chasing $100M in "pain and suffering" damages from E*TRADE, because she's of the opinion that Lindsay, the "milkaholic" baby in their most recent ad, is a pisstake on her.

The spot -- which made its debut during this year's Super Bowl -- depicts a boy baby apologizing to his girlfriend via video chat for blowing her off.

"And that milkaholic Lindsay wasn't over?" the baby girl asks him suspiciously.

"Lindsay?" the boy replies -- just before another baby girl sticks her head into the frame and slurs, "Milk-a-what?"

Even though the baby is only addressed by her first name, Lohan's attorney, Stephanie Ovadia, argues that E*TRADE is capitalizing on Lohan's single-name recognition.

"Many celebrities are known by one name only, and E*TRADE is using that knowledge to profit," Ovadia said. "They used the name 'Lindsay.' They're using her name as a parody of her life. Why didn't they use the name 'Susan'? This is a subliminal message. Everybody's talking about it and saying it's Lindsay Lohan."

Ovadia is ordering E*TRADE to yank the spot and surrender all copies to Lohan, claiming that the ad "violated Lohan's rights under New York State civil-rights law and used her 'name and characterization' in business without paying her or getting her approval."

Chris Brown, spokesman for the ad's producer, Grey Group, argues that his company used the name "Lindsay" because "it just used a popular baby name that happened to be the name of someone on the account team."

Ay yi yi. Linds, perhaps it's time to drop the bottle, because antics like this one have flushed your credibility right down the bowl. And yet ... when I watched this ad during the Super Bowl, thoughts of Lohan did cross my mind.

What do you guys think? Does Lindsay Lohan have a point?

next: Happy Birthday, Barbie
friend March 9, 2010, 12:11 PM

wow… totally didn’t connect the two when i first watched it. just thought it was funny. wonder how many actually made the link?

chris March 9, 2010, 12:13 PM

That commerical is so funny…Lindsay on the other hand is just stupid. It must be nice to think that everytime your name is used for anything that it must be about you. Lindsay need to grow up!

Martie March 9, 2010, 12:20 PM

I did not see any connection. She’s delusional. Needs to realize the world not revolve around her.
Its a waste of time and money.

Jennifer March 9, 2010, 12:56 PM

I’ve seen this commercial several times and never once has Lindsey Lohan entered my mind.

patois March 9, 2010, 12:58 PM

She’s not known for her one word name.

She’s known as being a train wreck.

Anonymous March 9, 2010, 1:00 PM

That girl needs to concentrate more on sobering up and her image than some stupid commercial that had nothing do with her. How delusional!

Lisa R. March 9, 2010, 2:09 PM

Couldn’t agree more with all the comments here. Thought the same thing. It never occured to me to think of Lindsay Lohan. Does she think she’s the only Lindsay in the country? Is she so hard up for money she has to sue people because she can’t get an acting job? It’s sad, really, and I hope e*Trade wins this one. Beyond stupid. The commerical is hilarious!

tennmom March 9, 2010, 2:27 PM

I didn’t see a connection either.
Get over yourself, Linsey Lohan. You are not a good enough actress to be recognized by only your first name.

Anonymous March 9, 2010, 3:45 PM

Tell old weasel face to get over it.

Kristin March 9, 2010, 5:35 PM

I didn’t think of her when I saw it. NOW I will though. But that’s HER fault, not theirs.

Renee March 9, 2010, 5:55 PM

*sings* You’re so vain. You probably think this song is about you! Seriously, I have NEVER thought of her and actually don’t think of her when I hear the name!

Oh please March 9, 2010, 6:06 PM

She’s probably sueing because she is broke and needs the money. Find something better to do Lindsanity.. maybe a J-O-B!

Tristan's Mommy March 9, 2010, 9:58 PM

Did people connect her name with the milkaholic comment? Nope. Will they now? Yep. Good luck trying to prove that one in court, Lindsay, especially when there was a Lindsay on the ad team.

But hey! If that fails, you can sue my neighbor who named her daughter Lindsay. Granted, she’s 16 but I think that might’ve been around the time you did Parent Trap so you might have a case…not! As if you’re recognized by your first name only like Madonna, Oprah, Whoopie, or Shaq. ROFLMAO!

Mandy March 10, 2010, 11:14 AM

Madonna has a one word name. Prince has a one word name. Lindsay Lohan has always been know as just that- first and last. If Iman was credited in a movie, it would read “Iman.” I’m pretty sure anything EVER having to do with L.L. used both names. She is hardly an icon. I think the most hilarious part about it is that when something’aholic’ was used she thought it must be her!

Brandi March 10, 2010, 4:00 PM

I didn’t make the connection and I think she’s being ridiculous! She would be lucky if she were only a “milkoholic”! My daughter’s name is Lindsay and she drinks milk - maybe I should retain a lawyer…

Anonymous March 10, 2010, 5:47 PM

she really has a weasel face.

Opie March 11, 2010, 11:11 PM

well is Lindsay Lohan selfcentered? absolutly I didn’t even think of her until she suggested it. I could see if it was say. Does this mean theres no such person as Lindsey Vonn or Lindsey Davenport(athletes), Lindsey Buckingham (a Male singer), and Lindsey Graham (SC Senator) or Lindsey Haun (actress). Sorry Lindsay Lohan but touch back down to earth I dont think you’ll see that $100 million go back and do another lousey movie that is the exact same as the previous. Or oerhaps you should take the lesson from Mean Girls you could really use it..

Carolyn March 13, 2010, 11:08 PM

I never once thought of Lindsay Lohan when seeing this commercial - which I think it hysterical! Lindsay needs to get a life - our world doesn’t revolve around her. How sad that she thinks it does.

identity theft protection July 11, 2010, 2:10 AM

It’s common knowledger that Lindsay has had her problems with the world and she is makes bad decisions at times however let’s hope that she can put this behind her once it’s done and get on with her acting career.

identity theft insurance July 11, 2010, 2:12 AM

OK Lindsay has had her problems and she is her own worse enemy at times nevertheless let’s wish that she can put this behind her once it’s done and get on with her acting career.