Nannycam Video Lands Babysitter In Jail

News4Jax.com: Hidden-camera video of a babysitter slapping an 11-month-old child, throwing things and handling the boy violently was evidence enough for police to charge the 53-year-old woman with battery on a child.

jeannine campbell

The video was recorded on Tuesday in a Mandarin home. The next day, Jeannine Campbell was arrested.

In the video Channel 4's Diane Cho called disturbing to watch, the baby can be seen picked up violently and slung by his arms into a playpen. Minutes later, the babysitter kicks a bouncy ball the child is playing with at the boy, then picks up the ball and hurls it at the baby's head so hard, it knocks him over.

Later, the babysitter can be seen slapping the boy on the back of the head so hard he falls over.

Toward the end of the 9-minute video, it appears the babysitter got mad while trying to put socks on the child. According to the arrest report, Campbell swatted the boy 11 times, then kicked him.

"It was extremely difficult," the boy's father told Cho. "My wife started watching for the first few moments and couldn't watch any more, and that's when we went ahead and called the police and got them involved."

The family said Campbell was referred to them through friends and she listed her main employer as a local church.

"This is coming from someone you would've never thought, coming out of this lady. But the video doesn't lie," that father said.

SEE THE VIDEO HERE.

About two months ago, the father said he noticed his youngest child had a black eye, but he assumed it may have been caused by an older brother.

But the father was concerned enough that he decided to install a hidden camera in his house to see what was going on while he was gone.

The first thing he said he noticed on the tape was that she ignored the kids much of the time while she watched television. He said that got him upset enough to fire her that day.

He said he didn't discover the assault until hours later after he put the kids to bed and he watched the rest of the tape.

"Of course I'm angry. That's an understatement," the father told Cho. "If I had known then what I know now, I may be the one sitting in jail at this moment, so it may be good it played out the way it did."

When questioned after her arrest, Campbell admitted her actions "looked bad." She admitted slapping, hitting and throwing things at the boy.

She remains in the Duval County jail on $75,003 bond.

Read more stories moms are talking about.

next: Katherine Heigl Suffers Embarrassing Wardrobe Malfunction
Wendi March 19, 2010, 2:06 PM

My heart goes out to that family. I am glad you followed your instincts. God Bless

Nikita March 19, 2010, 2:16 PM

Thank Goodness the “Parent’s Intuition” kicked in and they installed the camera. This could’ve easily been Amanda Runyen if they kept on. Kudo’s to the family and the police in this situation. I hope she gets more than a slap on the wrist.

RamyS March 19, 2010, 7:47 PM

That was heart breaking…

Amanda U March 22, 2010, 9:38 PM

I just watched the video in drop-jawed horror. That woman is a monster, and I hope she’s beaten within an inch of her life while she’s in jail. She doesn’t deserve to live.

MominOK July 11, 2010, 12:51 PM

That woman should get exactly what she bestowed upon the child… She could’ve KILLED that boy!!! I hope she gets multiple life sentences with NO PAROLE, all while everyday one of her cell mates beats her till she can’t stand, can’t crawl, NOTHING! Till all she can do is lay there, just like she did to that baby.
Frankly, I believe in cases like this, the PARENTS should be allowed to administer the punishments… I say lock her in a room with the baby’s parents… no holds barred… This should be the norm for every child abuse case…

k July 12, 2010, 9:28 AM

this is repulsive

Campaign Speech Ideas For Kids November 25, 2010, 12:23 AM

If you would be a real seeker after truth, it is necessary that at least once in your life you doubt, as far as possible, all things.

Free Bridal Shower Thank You Cards December 15, 2010, 1:56 AM

Skill without imagination is craftsmanship and gives us many useful objects such as wickerwork picnic baskets. Imagination without skill gives us modern art.

Quick And Easy Dessert Recipes January 6, 2011, 2:07 PM

Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great.

Ten Tees January 9, 2011, 10:06 AM

Nice article! Good to read. There is a observation to make about funny t-shirts.

Blaine Thate January 21, 2011, 11:30 AM

I don’t agree with it, many thanks for showing the initiative to throw it up

Ernesto Lazarte January 21, 2011, 9:24 PM

I cant say Im in complete accordance, thanks are in order for showing the initiative to come up with it

Carmella Leusink March 16, 2011, 12:25 PM

This site appears to recieve a great deal of visitors. How do you promote it? It offers a nice unique spin on things. I guess having something authentic or substantial to post about is the most important thing.

Jordan Fusion 12 March 24, 2011, 8:34 PM

I unbiased couldnt take off your website before too revealing you that we unusually enjoyed the importance information you offer to your visitors… Will be encourage on numerous occasions to check up on restored posts

Meredith O. Roach March 25, 2011, 3:52 AM

Practical

Nikals Hjalmarsson Jersey March 25, 2011, 7:23 PM

Hi there could I innuendo some of the insight from this entry if I minister to a relationship help to your site?

Chicago Blackhawks Jerseys March 26, 2011, 6:21 PM

I harmonise with your conclusions and leave thirstily look pert to your coming updates.

Alexandra A. Hansen March 29, 2011, 4:22 PM

Very helpful

Lina Orsten March 29, 2011, 5:09 PM

Very nice article and right to the point. I don’t know if this is in fact the best place to ask but do you people have any thoughts on where to hire some professional writers? Thanks in advance :)

Jenny H. Chan March 31, 2011, 3:58 AM