OMG! This Toddler Weighs 90 Lbs!

This 2-year-old in China tips the scales at 90 lbs. Holy moly.

Pang Ya

Little, er, big 2-year-old Pang Ya of China was born weighing in at just over 8 lbs. Now she reportedly weighs 90 lbs -- the weight of a nearly full-grown Chinese woman.

Her parents, concerned that her weight is a tad above normal (ya think?!), are now "seeking assistance" to find out why she is so heavy -- and to help her lose the weight.

next: U.K. Teen Reports Babysitter's 'Disturbing' Messages About Raping N.C. Child
Paula March 9, 2010, 5:06 PM

I think the mom logic site is insensitive & disgusting for publishing their opinion in regards to the weight of someone’s baby. I thought this site was to support mothers, children and family. What business is it of yours to exploit such a matter?

No longer a subscriber of the site & encourage others to do so!

michelle V March 9, 2010, 6:16 PM

Paula must be able to relate to this article by having her own weight issues or having a child with weight issues or is a constant complainer always looking for something to be offended or upset about….

Be happy that they are able to post their opinion just like you are able to post yours. If everyone were to quit participating in a program because they didn’t agree with one small aspect/post/opinion they would be bored. If someone quit being your friend because you are the type to make such a huff over an opinion they don’t share you would be out of friends.

Complainers are irritating. I would prefer to have a debate over the topic while agreeing to disagree and learning why another person thinks and feels the way they do so I can understand and respect others views and opinions because that is how I want to be treated.

Momlogic job is to post news that other moms will find useful and or interesting. If they were to cater to everyones feelings, they would not be able to post anything and would not have a business.

Paula, you should be thankful that this is not the case so you have something to annoyingly complain about.

- Michelle

healthychild859 March 10, 2010, 1:46 PM

I cannot believe a parent would let their own child be so unhealthy and weight so much. This child will have problems the rest of her life because of her parents irresponsibility. They probably over feed her and use food as comfort. Some people are so sad. I don’t even see how this child is able to walk. Someone should intervene.

Anonymous March 10, 2010, 5:52 PM

what a chunker!

Rachel March 10, 2010, 7:15 PM

It makes me so sad to see toddlers like this. At the same time, it makes me mad at the parents for doing that to her. A baby relies on the parents to feed them and obviously these parents do not know what they are doing if they have no idea how big their baby is. I feel so bad for this little girl and want to take her and help her myself.

Josy March 11, 2010, 12:45 AM

I was born 14 lbs, and my mom had to have a c-section. I did not eat regular food for the first 6 years of my life, and lived on milk or Gerber. I was always a picky eater, and other students ate my lunch in elementary school. I have been fat all my life, and discovered later on that my mom was a diabetic. She did not know at the time, and diabetics give birth to huge babies. I discovered at the age of 22 that I had an underactive thyroid, and am learning all the symptoms over the years. My metabolism is not functionning properly, and my entire system is slow. I just found out today that my aches, and pains are related to my thyroid condition. I am pretty sure as science progresses I will find more answers to my health problems, and my weight issues. I had a gastric bypass, and five years later a revision. I am still “morbidly obese” according to the medical experts, and am thinking about a third bypass. I had one in the 80s, and the other one in the 90s. I hope the new method will help me drop 100 lbs, and am not looking forward to be skinny. I am now 300 lbs, and just want to be 200lbs. I am 5’11”, and there are no more ways to hurt me about my weight. I do not want to be fat, and wished all my life to blend in with my peers. I did not chose to be obese, and my parents would never chose this “curse” on their only child. My weight has affected every single aspects of my life, and caused me now to be living in poverty. You could not possibly understand what it is like to be overweight, so do not past judgments. Obesity kills all your dreams, and reduce you to nothingness.

Glenda March 11, 2010, 6:32 AM

Sometimes weight issues point to medical issues that seemingly have not been addressed or have been deleted from many of the articles targeting childhood obesity. There are many conditions that begin with a weight “pointer” to a serious problem. I hope medical intervention can help this child (from China)….certainly it would do more that declaring the parents neglegent. Bardet Beidle Syndrome as well as Prader Willi….to name a couple of possiblities……may be a starting point……

Jacqueline Whittig March 12, 2010, 5:02 AM

Nobody knows why a child, my grand-daughter, whom I have custody of is overweight. But we could assume. Was it because her mother never cooked? They ate at McDonald’s or fast foods all the time? She is a beautiful little girl that has been through so much trama, all she had to do is eat. Eat from stress, eat because she didn’t want to stay with her mom, eat because she has no friends. But I am proud of her. We have went from D’s and F’s, to A’s, B’s, & C’s. She doctors at Riley because she was born without a thyroid, or there was one starting to grow, and it didn’t finish. She was also legally blind in her left eye. Now we are working on her weight. Her grandpa and I, are doing the best we can. He is 61, and I am 57. I am in a hospital bed, but Jenna has gave me life. Life to live. I love her so much, and if you knew half of what she has been through, as drying with a dirty washrag, not being taken to her doctor appointments, etc. We have done all that. We even got surgery done on her eye last year. I am proud of her, and yes, she needs to lose weight. Overweight does run in our family, but she has to lose because of all the health issues. I pray to God everyday, give me strength to take a walk with her, to give her good foods to eat, etc. It is not just the parents fault. You have heard them say, people, including children eat out of emotions. You really and I shouldn’t blame anyone. It is just time to quit saying, if you do this, I will buy you a candy bar. OMG, how many times I have heard that, even said it. Just help the parents. And if their health is bad, which I am in a hospital bed off and on, and you know them very well, offer to take their child to the park, or elsewhere. I don’t think the blame should be put on anyone. I just think everyone should get involved in trying to conquer the situation! Thank you!
Jacqueline Dee Whittig

James Smith João Pessoa, Brazil April 6, 2010, 9:23 AM

This is very simple math. Consume more calories than you burn, you become more fat. Eat less, stay active, you control your weight for life.

All these parents need to do is stop feeding this child so much. But it’s really already too late. By now, she has accumulated almost all of the fat cells she will ever have. So weight will be a life-long problem for her. Good parenting, folks.

AJ April 13, 2010, 10:46 PM

I am actually put off a bit by this post. Oh, and before anyone thinks it’s bc I’m overweight or have overweight kids, I don’t. My daughters are tiny, less than 3rd percentile for weight, and weight has never been a personal issue of mine. Just looking at the picture makes it pretty clear to me that she has a medical disorder other than being overweight. Did anyone else notice that her right leg looks twice as big as her left, or how her right foot looks odd compared to the rest of her body? It’s sad to see people being do unkind. Being cruel isn’t helping anyone lose weight and neither is this article which was clearly written for the wrong reasons.

Patrica Endecott August 14, 2010, 12:18 PM

I’m pretty sure I get what you mean