I Am Sick of Celeb Post-Baby Bikini Bod Pics!

Am I the only one?

Kourtney Kardashian

momlogic's Julie: Who is getting tired of celeb post-baby bikini bod pics?

Me! Me! Me!

It's almost like a regimented schedule by now: Pop out baby, and three months later, pose in a bikini on the cover of a magazine.

Yawn!

Today, Kourtney Kardashian is showing off her post-baby bod on the cover of Life & Style. She looks good and all ... but do we really need to see how great these celebs look so we can feel even worse about our own selves?

We don't have personal trainers, personal chefs, delivered food plans or Photoshop to make us bikini-ready just weeks after having a baby. But most of us can't help but compare ourselves to these "perfect" new moms and feel lousy that we don't measure up.

I'm not saying ALL new moms look like hell in the "fourth trimester" -- I know some look fab, and I applaud you for it. If you've got it, certainly flaunt it.

But I've got to face facts: My thighs didn't look that great in a bikini BEFORE I got pregnant, and don't now, either. But that doesn't make me a bad person or a bad mom -- just a normal one. So I'll stick to my one-piece, snug my kiddos close and try not to compare myself to these celeb moms again. Until the next magazine cover comes along ....

next: Why I Hate the Kid 'Scarface' Video!
Natalie March 31, 2010, 3:08 PM

IMO, it’s good for their careers. They’re PAID to look a certain way. I’m sure if you were paid to look good, you would. I know I would! If you feel like crap about how you look, change it. Don’t blame it on celeb moms who look better than you!

jane March 31, 2010, 6:55 PM

I agree that it is their job to look this way…but it perpetuates a myth for sure. it’s just another aspect of the negative impact media can have on women’s self-image and a feeling of what we “should” look like.

it’s become so common, though, for me I just roll my eyes when I see these shots. you know they have a team of people making it possible for it to happen, a team that 99.99% of women don’t have. I think it’s all just kind of silly.

michele March 31, 2010, 6:59 PM

I am sure many look pretty good soon after birth, due to personal trainers, personalized meal plans, etc. But I am sure a lot of it is Photoshop.

There was a photo of a celeb, Jessica Alba, I think, that a saw posted on a site sometime last year. It showed her posing for the camera for a photoshoot. She looked great,and of course, thin.

Then, it showed the next photo, which was the finished product of that same photoshoot — the actual photo they photoshopped and used for the magazine cover/article. WOW. They had photoshopped the hell out of it! She already looked great — but they made her look even thinner (wasn’t sure that was even possible) and sculpted.

Anonymous March 31, 2010, 8:08 PM

Well, I personally think that ALL Mom’s should be proud of their bodies after baby. We earned those strecth marks when we created our miracles. And; the magazine of Kendra is soo fake it makes me sick. If you seen her show this past weekend you would see the video of that shoot and she was still HUGE in the gut compared to what they have photoshopped and airbrushed for the cover.

Anonymous April 1, 2010, 7:13 PM

Kourtney still looks a little heavy in the stomach area.

Bionca April 9, 2010, 7:38 AM

I am so glad i came across this story. this has gotten so sickening. I think its annoying and personally i could care less what these women look like before and after birth. I think these magazines are making to much of a big deal and i would love for it to stop!!