Suitcase on Wheels: The New Bugaboo?

Is carrying a baby in a suitcase OK?

woman pulling suitcase

On Friday, Dallas police investigated complaints of a woman carrying her 1-year-old baby on a city bus in an unzipped suitcase on wheels, reports CBS 11.

The woman told police she was taking her son to a doctor's appointment and did not have anything else to carry him in.

Passengers thought carrying a baby in a suitcase was dangerous enough to contact police. But officers said the mother was not committing a crime and that she was not placing the child in peril by transporting him in the unzipped bag.

What do you think?

next: Reality Teen Queen Sues ABC for Big Bucks
Beth March 23, 2010, 12:19 PM

There is something troublesome about this. How about we hold him? With our arms.

kress March 23, 2010, 12:43 PM

oh my gosh.. i cant believe this! really really really stupid !

Wendi March 23, 2010, 1:51 PM

I am amazed with how stupid people are and how much they really don’t care about their kids. I think hold your child is always a good option.

Abagail March 23, 2010, 5:18 PM

Why would someone call the cops about that? How is that not caring for her kid? Maybe the mother’s back hurt that day from being up all night holding a sick kid. Maybe the kid thought it was fun! I know my kids would. Maybe the kid was a wiggle worm that didn’t wanna be held. I mean that is the age that they normally don’t wanna be held as much. As long as the bag wasn’t zipped, I don’t see the problem. I’ve strapped mine in a car seat that was attached to luggage wheels while walking through the airport. It was a lot easier and safer than having the kid fight you because they want down every 5 seconds. At least she was taking the tot to the Dr.! Who cares how he gets there as long as it’s legal, safe and humane? American indians strapped their babies to boards and hung them over their backs for Pete’s sake! Get a grip people!

mercaties March 24, 2010, 7:57 PM

I had the same thought that the first writer did. What the hell is wrong with her arms? I always carried my kids. I’m sure the doctor would have a cow if he saw this.

Wind May 21, 2011, 5:31 PM

That’s not just logic. That’s rlealy sensible.

Ice May 22, 2011, 11:21 AM

Great thinking! That ralely breaks the mold!