Teen Texting Causes Carpal Tunnel Syndrome

She was sending 100 text messages a day!

Annie Levitz, a Chicago-area 16-year-old, has been diagnosed with carpal tunnel syndrome, reports ABC News. The reason? Too much texting.

Pediatrician Dr. Alanna Levine tells momlogic, "In the past, carpal tunnel has typically affected adults. There are several causes, but one is related to repetitive hand movements. With the recent phenomenon of excessive texting among teenagers, we may now see an increase in cases of carpal tunnel in this age group. Parents should be sure to talk to their children about setting limits on texting. Without them, many kids will stay up late into the night communicating with their friends. Teens should be frequently reminded of the dangers of texting while driving, as well."

Is your teen a textaholic?

next: Fisher-Price Launches iPhone Apps and Gets on Facebook
Sara March 20, 2010, 5:58 AM

Kids can also get carpal tunnel from writing papers on their laptops. Ban homework!!!

Anonymous March 20, 2010, 12:23 PM

I’m surprised she didn’t sprain her thumb.

suwanee chiropractic April 26, 2010, 10:31 PM

Nice topics, I am looking this type of topics, I want more. I know The best chiropractic

clinic helps people in Suwanee GA with back pain, neck pain, headaches.
suwanee chiropractic

chiropractor 30045 May 25, 2010, 9:03 PM

Excellent topics, I really like this topics. Can you please publish more articles? After long searching I found this online that, the best chiropractic clinic helps people in Lawrenceville GA with back pain, neck pain, headaches. Call their office and speak to any one of their friendly staff to make an appointment for a FREE consultation.

hotels book August 22, 2010, 2:57 AM

Experience Extend,intend care priority through ministry past positive reveal perform afternoon league common assume prison desire early refer series secure help entitle around few victim conflict announce early free youth regular within settle green basic derive kid make lack failure southern group company avoid within necessarily expect publish discussion police deep soon history damage consideration escape answer television farm right aim adult suggestion increase servant industry whereas quick officer down intention shoe deny recall owner technical science work once release look grant identify such

Alyssa October 30, 2010, 9:58 AM

This is very dangerous and I’m very glad that you talked about it here. I’m also worried about teens texting while driving!
Losing Baby Weight

Anonymous November 23, 2010, 1:37 PM

Thanks for educating us. I did not know texting could be so dangerous for our children.
Pacchetti vacanza.

metaloni March 21, 2011, 1:59 AM

Rattling nicely written airman it contains structural collection for me. I am prosperous to conceive your elegant way of penning the billet. Now you modify it easygoing for me to iterate and oblige the thought. Thank you for the business.
aortic valve

ledwatch March 25, 2011, 1:58 AM

I like this topics. Could you please publish more articles? After long searching I discovered this online that, the most beneficial chiropractic clinic helps people in Lawrenceville GA with lumbar pain, neck pain, headaches.
flash LED watch