'Toddlers and Tiaras' Star Suffers Stroke

What are the warning signs?

Months ago, 7-year-old Hope Espinoza smiled ear to ear as she took the stage on the kid's beauty-pageant show, "Toddlers and Tiaras." Then she suffered a stroke -- and is now learning to walk again.

Stroke is the sixth leading cause of death among children.

Warning Signs of a Pediatric Stroke:

• Loss of Balance
• Severe Headache
• Difficulty with Speech
• Vision Problems
• Dizziness
• Sudden Weakness or Numbness in the Face, Arms or Legs (usually on one side of the body)
• Seizures

Our thoughts are with Hope and her family. We hope she makes a full recovery!

next: Candy Land Makes Me Want to Get a Lobotomy
Anonymous March 18, 2010, 2:48 PM

Boo Hoo. Pity the poor beauty queen

Anonymous March 18, 2010, 2:55 PM

Just another reason to appreciate what you have everyday. I can’t wait to see HOPE compete again!!! At least she had a chance to do something she loved. Unlike the blob that is sitting in front of your computer and leaving anonymous comments about a child. you are a loser.

melissa March 18, 2010, 3:47 PM

i was unaware kids could suffer a stroke, poor baby. i hope she has a speedy recovery.
and to the first poster, if you’re trolling for a fight go somewhere else

Angel March 18, 2010, 3:53 PM

Ok to the first commenter what kind of person are you. regardless of what she did she is still a CHILD for crying out loud.. aaarggghhh people like you seriously anger me. That was just cold hearted, and if you are brave enough to say it put your name up..
I am so sorry for that baby girl at such a young age… prayers going up for her and her whole family

AR March 18, 2010, 3:57 PM

My mother suffered from one and died from it at age 62. I thought that was young. I cannot believe children go through this. Despite the anonymous response by a coward - it is sad. Anyone who suffers is sad. I watched my mother die. The only thing worse would have been to watch my child die.

Lissa March 19, 2010, 1:30 PM

OMG, that first reply you need to seek help. And this story makes me just want to go home and hug my own 7 year old and never let her go.

Cleotilde Szoka August 14, 2010, 11:31 AM

@Michael Can you elaborate on your point?

click here to download movies September 11, 2010, 7:36 PM

Usually I don’t write-up on blogs, but I wish to say that this article incredibly forced me to accomplish so! Thanks, quite nice article.

sue September 15, 2010, 6:49 PM

I do hope they charge Hope’s mother with child abuse and gaol her for life.
She was a loud mouth fat lazy huge slob.
She must weigh over 20 stone and was horrible to that little girl. Dragging her away before the pageant had ended.
Where was her father. That mother caused that stroke. Her hair was untidy never combed dirty looking clothes and apparently no mirror at home.

MICHELLE HERNANDEZ December 2, 2010, 12:51 PM

MY EMAIL IS ME3SALE@YAHOO.COM .AND AND M CHILD IS WELL LOVED AND IN NO WAY IS SHE ABUSED .AND THANKS FOR THE FAT COMMENT YOU DONT LIKE DONT LOOK .AND THE PAGEANT WAS OVER .THAT WHY WE LEFT AN YES I DID STOP AND PUT MY CHILD IN HER SEAT BELT BEFORE LEAVING THE PARKING LOT .SO BEFORE YOU START PUTTING ME IN JAIL GET YOUR FACT CORRECT.AND ALSO MY DAUGHTER IS JUST A BEAUTIFUL TODAY .AND DOING SO WELL .AND SHE WANTS BACK ON STAGE.AND I PRAY ONE DAY SHE DOES.SHE INSPIRES ME .SO BEFORE YOU JUDGE ME .ASK HER THIS IS WHAT SHE WANT TO DO .NOTHING I HAVE FORCED HER TO DO .IF YOU WANNA COME TALK TO HER THEN COME DO IT .IM NOT SCARED AND NOTHING TO HIDE.AND I DIDNT GIVE ME CHILD HER STROKE .