When Kids Discover Gay Marriage!

Check out what happens when little Calen learns what gay marriage means! Yes, Calen, two husbands can love each other!

Broadway actor John Hill and his partner, Micah Schraft, sent this clip to World of Wonder, and we had to share!

next: A Man in a Mom's World
Kristin March 10, 2010, 6:37 PM

lol. This kid’s mind has been BLOWN! Too cute.

Wendi March 10, 2010, 9:41 PM

Poor kid, look how confused he is.

Amy March 10, 2010, 10:40 PM

Poor Wendi she seems confused. I think the kid understands it better than some adults do. :/

Casey March 10, 2010, 11:24 PM

Poor Wendi, look how confused she is. That was adorable.

Mandy March 11, 2010, 12:17 AM

Hilarious and tooooooooo cute!

Wendi March 11, 2010, 6:10 AM

WOW so sad to see that adults get a kick out of a kid being so confused about something so serious.

Kristy March 11, 2010, 6:24 AM

I think the little boy nailed it - so you guys love eachother! I’m going to play ping pong now. Clearly even children can understand that love is all that really matters.

Barb March 11, 2010, 6:32 AM

What’s “so serious” about this? Two people love each other. End of story. The boy was cute.

Hayden March 11, 2010, 7:01 AM

That was sick!! Nothing adorable about this!! Two men/women loving each other is just wrong. Even he UNDERSTOOD that it is to be a man and a woman!!! What is this world coming to, God help us all!!!

Anonymous Mom March 11, 2010, 7:09 AM

It was adorable, and I agree with Kristy: You two love each other, I’m going to play ping-pong now. Sounds pretty simple to me. Hope he had fun playing ping-pong. :-)

Leah March 11, 2010, 8:00 AM

He didn’t seem confused. He seemed indifferent - just as he would have been if he had 2 moms, mom and dad or grandparents telling him about love. To him - Big whoop - he’s got better things to do than think about love other than his love of ping pong!

Jill March 11, 2010, 9:04 AM

I hope that as generations of kids grow up, gay marriage/partnership will not be a big deal (as shown with this boy). Two people who love each other is wonderful!

Roger March 11, 2010, 9:44 AM

anyone else creeped out by the fact that two gay dudes cornered a little boy in the bathroom?

Biddy March 11, 2010, 9:45 AM

Pretty sensible, straightforward analysis of the situation if you ask me! Cute kid.

Ezekiel 23:20 March 11, 2010, 10:06 AM

That kid should be forced to read bible for at least two weeks to get rid of all those gay germs he just got.

CiCi March 11, 2010, 10:16 AM

Calen could have cared less! So cute! What would be a better idea? Not exposing children to gay marriage so when they are older and in the real world they have no idea how to interact with people who are different from them? Or we can be honest with children and teach then at a level which they understand about different types of people. So they can grow up to be well rounded and caring adults. Your choice.

Jen March 11, 2010, 10:37 AM

That was cute! Let me just say I would much rather have my child around gay couples then an intolerant person such as Hayden who preaches Hate behind the disguise of God.

homosexual March 12, 2010, 4:11 AM

I guess this kid is smarter than us, for not judging homosexuals in any way.

Pia Chuang March 12, 2010, 12:40 PM

GOD made Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve period!

Frank March 17, 2010, 4:26 PM

I grew up in S.F. during the 70’s, went to a bunch of parades (hey, when you’re 5 a parade is a parade), and was surrounded by gay/lesbian couples.
Uncle Kim, Aunt Steven, these were just people to me. There was nothing strange about it; men could love men or women, and it was the same for women.
Almost everyone I knew was gay. Nobody cared.
Now I’m 40 and happily married. To a woman (I still get disapproving clucks from Kim who was sure I was going to be gay) believe it or not.
The only thing I learned from being around gay people as a child was to laugh, to be kind, and to love whomever you want regardless of what anyone thinks.

The only really bad habit I developed was this nervous tic, where I accidentally backhand loud mouthed bigots right in their prayer-holes.
Can’t be helped the doc says…