'American Idol': Who's Dunzo?

Tuesday's R&B/Soul challenge exposed the limitations of a few unsuspecting "American Idols." But who got nixed? Read on ....

Didi Benami

momlogic's Vivian: Each Wednesday night's "American Idol" show has become the most overt product-placement endeavor I've ever witnessed. In FOX's efforts to pimp the new film "Clash of the Titans," images of Idols and judges were spliced and diced with action footage from the film, and displayed with headlines like, "Between men and Gods, Idols and judges." Oh. Dear. LAWD. The idea probably worked well on a storyboard, but the end result went a little too far. SUCH tack-ola.

Once we got through the commercial portion of the program, former "Idol" victor (and nouveau Barry White) Ruben Studdard took the stage, giving a fair-to-middlin' performance off his new album. A bit of foreshadowing that points to a Big Mike Lynche victory, perhaps? Or sheer fluke?

During the small talk that preceded the results, our GURL, mommy Crystal Bowersox, said that she has been playing piano since she was 6, then switched to guitar because "it was easier to carry around." Andrew Garcia's feisty mom was called upon for her commentary once again, and as any mom would, she took the opportunity to cheer her son on out loud. "He should just be himself," she said. "Because his mama raised him right!"

Now for the results: Our girl MamaSox and Big Mike earned the expected kudos and safety. Lee DeWyze was praised for his standout performance, and Andrew was declared to be "back in the zone." Casey James admitted that he could "do more" on stage, but was safe. Even though Aaron Kelly was likened to "a cupcake" in comparison to Lee's "dinner," he escaped the bottom three. And in spite of a seriously "off night," Siobhan Magnus also managed to escape the bottom three -- but Katie Stevens wasn't so lucky. It was she, "Teflon" Tim Urban and teary Didi Benami who comprised the bottom three.

Katie and Tim were sent back to safety, leaving Didi to reprise her rendition of "Rhiannon" -- but it wasn't enough for the judges to exercise their single save, and she was sent packing.

What will MamaSox do to keep us on our toes next week? Will next week's McCartney/Lennon theme throw Big Daddy Mike, or will he continue to kick a**?

Tune in to "American Idol" on FOX next Tuesday, and then come right back here for the recap!

next: Check Out These Fancy Easter Bonnets!
Birthday Wishes For Mom In Heaven December 11, 2010, 1:33 AM

Whenever you hear the consensus of scientists agrees on something or other, reach for your wallet, because you’re being had.

Types Of Monkeys List December 18, 2010, 12:53 AM

There are only two ways of telling the complete truth—anonymously and posthumously.

anti eyebrow piercing pictures January 15, 2011, 12:05 AM

I am a firm believer in the people. If given the truth, they can be depended upon to meet any national crises. The great point is to bring them the real facts.

short hair styles 2011 japanese January 22, 2011, 2:14 AM

Voncile Teas February 11, 2011, 4:24 AM

Super-Duper website! I am loving it!! Will come back again. I am bookmarking your feeds also

Royce Rolland February 20, 2011, 7:22 PM

Hello. magnificent job. I did not imagine this. This is a impressive story. Thanks!

short hairstyles 2011 black hair February 21, 2011, 2:00 AM

Every great advance in natural knowledge has involved the absolute rejection of authority.

Berneice Mottram February 23, 2011, 9:29 PM

I am always invstigating online for posts that can benefit me. Thanks!

praca February 26, 2011, 11:50 AM

I was suggested this web site by my cousin. I’m not sure whether this post is written by him as nobody else know such detailed about my problem. You’re amazing! Thanks!

szkoła policealna za darmo February 26, 2011, 1:29 PM

Excellent goods from you, man. I have understand your stuff previous to and you are just too great. I actually like what you have acquired here, certainly like what you are saying and the way in which you say it. You make it entertaining and you still take care of to keep it wise. I can’t wait to read much more from you. This is actually a wonderful web site.

Potenzmittel bestellen February 26, 2011, 3:34 PM

You seem to know where you’re originating from, and i entirely agree.

praca February 26, 2011, 4:34 PM

Heya i am for the first time here. I found this board and I find It truly useful & it helped me out much. I hope to give something back and aid others like you aided me.

Susan Marley February 26, 2011, 11:43 PM

I don’t even know how I finished up here, however I thought this post used to be great. I do not recognise who you are but definitely you’re going to a famous blogger for those who aren’t already ;) Cheers!

sukienki February 27, 2011, 8:21 AM

Definitely believe that which you stated. Your favorite reason appeared to be on the web the simplest thing to be aware of. I say to you, I definitely get annoyed while people think about worries that they plainly don’t know about. You managed to hit the nail upon the top and defined out the whole thing without having side effect , people could take a signal. Will probably be back to get more. Thanks

program tv February 27, 2011, 10:48 AM

I was recommended this website by my cousin. I’m not sure whether this post is written by him as no one else know such detailed about my problem. You’re amazing! Thanks!

Prudence Tamburello February 27, 2011, 12:44 PM

Extermely useful post right here. Thank you for sharing your knowledge with me. I will certainly be back.

testosterone supplements February 28, 2011, 10:47 PM

Very informative post here. Thank you for sharing your wisdom with me. I’ll definitely be back again.

Aquarium kaufen March 3, 2011, 11:32 PM

I’ve considered many web firewood and I can for sure state that this you are my favorite .

best testosterone supplements March 4, 2011, 2:43 AM

I have got 1 suggestion for your webpage. It looks like at this time there are a couple of cascading stylesheet troubles when opening a number of web pages within google chrome and firefox. It is operating okay in internet explorer. Perhaps you can double check that.

sensorineural hearing loss March 6, 2011, 5:25 AM

I keep listening to the newscast speak about receiving boundless online grant applications so I have been looking around for the best site to get one. Could you advise me please, where could i find some?