'American Idol': Who's Dunzo?

Tuesday's R&B/Soul challenge exposed the limitations of a few unsuspecting "American Idols." But who got nixed? Read on ....

Didi Benami

momlogic's Vivian: Each Wednesday night's "American Idol" show has become the most overt product-placement endeavor I've ever witnessed. In FOX's efforts to pimp the new film "Clash of the Titans," images of Idols and judges were spliced and diced with action footage from the film, and displayed with headlines like, "Between men and Gods, Idols and judges." Oh. Dear. LAWD. The idea probably worked well on a storyboard, but the end result went a little too far. SUCH tack-ola.

Once we got through the commercial portion of the program, former "Idol" victor (and nouveau Barry White) Ruben Studdard took the stage, giving a fair-to-middlin' performance off his new album. A bit of foreshadowing that points to a Big Mike Lynche victory, perhaps? Or sheer fluke?

During the small talk that preceded the results, our GURL, mommy Crystal Bowersox, said that she has been playing piano since she was 6, then switched to guitar because "it was easier to carry around." Andrew Garcia's feisty mom was called upon for her commentary once again, and as any mom would, she took the opportunity to cheer her son on out loud. "He should just be himself," she said. "Because his mama raised him right!"

Now for the results: Our girl MamaSox and Big Mike earned the expected kudos and safety. Lee DeWyze was praised for his standout performance, and Andrew was declared to be "back in the zone." Casey James admitted that he could "do more" on stage, but was safe. Even though Aaron Kelly was likened to "a cupcake" in comparison to Lee's "dinner," he escaped the bottom three. And in spite of a seriously "off night," Siobhan Magnus also managed to escape the bottom three -- but Katie Stevens wasn't so lucky. It was she, "Teflon" Tim Urban and teary Didi Benami who comprised the bottom three.

Katie and Tim were sent back to safety, leaving Didi to reprise her rendition of "Rhiannon" -- but it wasn't enough for the judges to exercise their single save, and she was sent packing.

What will MamaSox do to keep us on our toes next week? Will next week's McCartney/Lennon theme throw Big Daddy Mike, or will he continue to kick a**?

Tune in to "American Idol" on FOX next Tuesday, and then come right back here for the recap!

next: Check Out These Fancy Easter Bonnets!
power 90  March 27, 2011, 10:06 AM

Wow, It really is actually amazing data. You ought to take a gift for it.

books diet March 27, 2011, 6:47 PM

Excellent occupation here. I genuinely enjoyed what you had to say.

acne treatment March 28, 2011, 8:18 AM

thanks about your post. very gud.

lutino opaline lovebird for sale March 28, 2011, 8:24 AM

Discourage litigation. Persuade your neighbors to compromise whenever you can. As a peacemaker the lawyer has superior opportunity of being a good man. There will still be business enough.

lucky kits tattoo March 28, 2011, 5:53 PM

I’m pleased I located this site,

tattoo kits store March 28, 2011, 6:45 PM

Nice one, thanks for the tip

tattoo equipment lucky7 March 28, 2011, 7:53 PM

Really thankful am I since I’ve identified this useful content material. I’ll check this out and see if it will function on my web site as well.

Shaquita Haward March 29, 2011, 1:30 AM

Here’s a funny quote to make you smile :)
It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others. :)

internet affiliate marketing March 29, 2011, 4:12 AM

In this awesome pattern of things you actually get a B- just for effort. Where exactly you actually lost me personally ended up being in all the facts. You know, people say, details make or break the argument.. And that could not be more true here. Having said that, allow me tell you just what did give good results. The article (parts of it) is actually pretty powerful which is most likely why I am taking the effort in order to comment. I do not really make it a regular habit of doing that. Second, even though I can certainly see the leaps in logic you come up with, I am definitely not confident of how you appear to unite the details that help to make the actual conclusion. For right now I shall subscribe to your point but trust in the foreseeable future you actually link the dots much better.

When I March 29, 2011, 11:13 AM

Go green with the green cyclorama rental burbank.

Russell Armstrong March 29, 2011, 12:48 PM

I need that write-up in order to end my personal task inside the university, and contains same topic jointly with your post. Thank you, fantastic ideas

diabetes food March 30, 2011, 7:15 AM

Thankyou for sharing the information with us.

auto March 30, 2011, 1:05 PM

I ask all my pals to check out this website..
and I hope they will certainly like..

teach yourself to sing March 31, 2011, 7:47 AM

I’ll immediately grasp your rss as I can’t in finding your e-mail subscription link or e-newsletter service. Do you’ve any? Please allow me understand so that I could subscribe. Thanks.

murat March 31, 2011, 8:52 PM

thaks

medyum hoca April 1, 2011, 8:37 AM

It’s really a nice and helpful piece of information. I’m glad that you shared this helpful info with us. Please keep us informed like this. Thanks for sharing…

sextube April 1, 2011, 7:15 PM

Thank you for sharing. I wish good work.

Pozyczka hipoteczna dla rolnikow April 2, 2011, 9:04 AM

I intended to create you the little observation just to thank you so much as before with the remarkable ideas you’ve contributed on this site. It’s quite unbelievably open-handed of you in giving unreservedly all that a few individuals would have offered for sale for an e-book to make some cash on their own, particularly considering that you might well have done it if you ever considered necessary. The suggestions also served to become a easy way to know that someone else have the same dreams just as my own to realize many more with regard to this matter. I’m sure there are numerous more fun situations in the future for individuals who find out your website.

Mickey Stacks April 2, 2011, 11:10 AM

I am not so competent to be capable to register exceptional stuff like you do but I am trying to pay it back so hoepfully this will serve you a ear-to-ear grin or make you burst with laughter or at the very least give you a thought for the day? : All you need to know is the user interface.

unlimited web hosting April 2, 2011, 6:40 PM

Hmm, there seems to be some difficulties with the first link, as it returns a 404 error