David BEFORE the Dentist?!

Just when you thought the "David After the Dentistphenomenon was wearing thin, up pops more footage of 7-year-old David's fateful (and lucrative) trip to the dentist.

In the latest installation, David (or, to be fair, his opportunistic enterprising father, David DeVore) is at it again with never-before-seen footage of the dental visit. We get to see little David on his way TO the dentist and the uncut coverage of the aftermath. Once again, he's all hopped up on anesthesia, spouting out trippy catch phrases. (By the way, the phrase, "Is this real life?" -- from the original clip -- has been trademarked. That's right: Don't try saying that line unless you want to be sued.)

Filming their kid in a dazed and confused state has paid off for the DeVore family. They've been raking it in, selling "David After the Dentist" merchandise via their David After the Dentist website. We wonder: When David grows up, will he embrace his former fame, or succumb like many other child stars? Check back in about 10 years for "David After Rehab."

Sure, it's tempting to share these moments with others online, or even to try for 15 megabytes of fame ... but should we?

next: Amy Brenneman: The Last Disney
The Dental Maven April 19, 2010, 2:32 PM

As a parent and a dentist I believe this video and all the David/Dentist videos are in poor taste and show a lack of good judgement on the parents behalf.

M.A.P April 19, 2010, 11:25 PM

Oh relax, It IS real life and so how is a parent that is simply video tapping their child and posting it to the web out of poor judgement? To me that’s like say it’s poor judgement period to video tape anything a kid does and share it. I’m sure that you have had a giggle or two at your patient’s expense in your office after anesthesia. I think you would be lying if you said you didn’t.

Golf September 14, 2010, 10:39 AM

Well done. I will definitely share this post with my colleagues. Thank you for the article.

Used Golf Clubs September 21, 2010, 12:43 AM

What is the big difference in between a automobile along with a golf golf ball? Mr. Tiger Woods can drive a golf ball 400 yards.

fashion design October 1, 2010, 4:48 AM

The existing fashion climate might be a bit depressing, nonetheless this write-up helps us remember why we adore it. I’m at this time working on a brand new venture with the aim to bring together the fashion business in a single discussion board. I enjoy this website and will probably be coming back again.

Blanche Alers November 13, 2010, 11:15 AM

Wonderful stuff, please tell me when you publish again something like this!

Mohamed Cripps November 13, 2010, 11:03 PM

Hi there, please when we could see a follow up!

Anonymous February 4, 2011, 4:58 AM

A very useful and informative article about books indeed. It is great to have such a nice articles about the different books. I hope to see more articles in future.
DJ Equipment

New Non-toxic Cancer Treatments. April 3, 2011, 12:33 PM

I am glad to come across so loads of practical information at this point inside the post, we need develop extra techniques inside this regard, thanks for sharing

1080p hd tv  April 7, 2011, 6:20 AM

Other variant is possible also Quite right! It is excellent idea. I support you. It is good idea. I support you.
Peerless PA740 Articulating Wall Mount for 22 to 40 Displays (Black)

Can I just speak what a release en route for discover a name who in fact knows what theyre talking about on the web. You absolutely recognize how toward bring an matter to brightness and create it important. Additional community call for to study this and recognize this side of the story. I cant consider youre not more popular because you absolutely contain the gift.

Can I just answer what a pain relief toward hit upon a big name who really knows what theyre discussion about on the the web. You absolutely identify how to bring an topic to glow plus create it important. Extra community call for to study this and appreciate this side of the narrative. I cant believe youre not additional popular since you positively have the gift.

My Cubicle @ Work April 10, 2011, 1:25 AM

I like this site given and it has given me some sort of commitment to succeed for some reason, so thanks.