Indiana Grandmother Is Having a New Baby. With Her Grandson

Sky News: Pearl Carter, 72, says she has never been happier after beginning an incestuous relationship with her 26-year-old grandchild Phil Bailey.

Grandmother Is Having a New Baby

The pensioner, from Indiana, US, is using her pension to pay a surrogate mother so they can have a child, reports New Zealand's New Idea magazine.

She said: "I'm not interested in anyone else's opinion. I am in love with Phil and he's in love with me.

"Soon I'll be holding my son or daughter in my arms and Phil will be the proud dad."

Her lover is the son of Pearl's daughter Lynette Bailey - who she put up for adoption when she was 18-years-old.

When his mother passed away, Phil tracked down his long lost grandmother and they quickly fell in love.

Pearl told New Idea magazine: "From the first moment that I saw him, I knew we would never have a grandmother-grandson relationship.

"For the first time in years I felt sexually alive."

It was during their second week together, after dinner and wine, that Pearl made her move.

"I called Phil into my bedroom, sat him on the bed, and then I leant over and kissed him," she added.

"I expected rejection but instead he kissed me back."

Phil revealed: "I wanted to kiss her there and then. My feelings were overwhelming.

"I love Pearl with all my heart. I've always been attracted to older women and I think Pearl is gorgeous. Now I'm going to be a dad and I can't wait.

"Yes, we get laughed at and bullied when we go out and kiss in public but we don't care. You can't help who you fall for."

The pair paid $54,000 (£35,000) to find a surrogate mother and buy a donor egg to inseminate with Phil's sperm.

They placed an advert asking for an open-minded surrogate, and Roxanne Campbell applied.

"Initially I was shocked," says Roxanne, 30. "But they're a brilliant pair and I saw how much they loved each other. I know the baby will be loved too."

Pearl said: "I am finally going to be a mum and not forced to give up my child. Phil's going to be a great dad.

"I never in a million years thought at 72 I'd be 'pregnant' and in love with my grandson.

"I make no apologies and I believe God's given me a second chance."

next: Texas Woman Forgets To Drop Baby Off; Infant Dies In Hot Car
Deidre April 30, 2010, 12:12 PM

This makes me sick. And want to cry a little.

Disgusted April 30, 2010, 1:14 PM

So out of all the elderly, sick & shut in hearts in the world !EXCUSE ME! (threw up in my mouth a bit),,, you had to have your grandma’s? Out of all the snot nosed Shyt pant kid’s in the world,,, you had to have your grandson? I’M COMPLETELY HORRIFIED & DISMAYED.

Disgusted April 30, 2010, 1:14 PM

Lisa R. April 30, 2010, 1:44 PM

I agree totally, Deidre! Well said! This is the single most revolting thing I’ve ever read on momlogic. If she truly is “not interested in anyone else’s opinion,” then why doesn’t she stay out of the spotlight? Don’t give a magazine interview & expect not to be judged. You know what you’re doing is wrong, sick & evil.

fabulousmomma21 April 30, 2010, 2:23 PM

Serisouly people are disgusting and need mental help. God didn’t make us so we could have relations with relatives or people that are way younger or anything for that matter. Im sorry but i am usually an open minded person but this shyt is nastiest thing i have seen in my life and im only 24. That poor poor child.

Michelle Kemper Brownlow April 30, 2010, 2:47 PM

Aren’t there counsellors or case workers when you find a surrogate? Wouldn’t someone have counselled them against this? Weird.

Rita April 30, 2010, 3:37 PM

This story is so disgusting. I really wonder what is going through people’s minds these days. Just the thought of this makes my pregnancy nausea kick in. (ugh) I guess he never considered what his mom would have thought or cared about the situation since he was the only one who knew her. Speechless now.

Anonymous April 30, 2010, 4:51 PM

To be honest, normally I have an open mind about any kind of relationship.. Gay, lesbian, even age, but incest AND age is where I draw the line.. I mean come on, they HAVE to be begging for attention.. This is just disgusting and I’d almost call it molestation.. I feel terrible for this future child and the future it will have.. Lord, please guid them to the right direction before it is too late!

Lyris April 30, 2010, 5:05 PM

I hope that child protection services will intervene and not allow these two to have custody of the baby. Some people should have no choice but to be confined to a mental institution for life.

Caramel April 30, 2010, 6:29 PM

So wait a minute…. let me get this straight. This woman put her baby up for an adoption when she was 18, then later her long lost grandson contacts her and they fall in love? Oh my goodness, if this isn’t the definition of SICK! That poor child, why would this surrogate place even allow an incestuous relationship and with this age difference to do this in the first place. Man this world is crazy!

Rita A April 30, 2010, 7:59 PM

Wow!!! That made me throw up in my mouth just a little

Anonymous May 1, 2010, 2:41 PM

Isn’t there a law against these types of relationships?

Debi May 1, 2010, 7:31 PM

They were so quick to hook up and think it was ok that it makes me think that she probably had her own father’s baby and that’s why she gave her up for adoption and her grandson was probably doing his mom before she died.

Debi May 1, 2010, 7:31 PM

memaw4 May 1, 2010, 7:47 PM

PLEASE tell me this is a very sick joke! I don’t care what the grandson says. He apparently has never known what a REAL grandmother is. I wonder if she is senile(old enough to be). No decent real grandmother would do what she has. Then is that isn’t bad enough-they are going to have a baby? More than likely she won’t live to see the baby turn 10. Can you imagine what the child will go through. Probably be emotionly scare for life. Finally, lady(?)don’t try to justify this disgusting situation by bringing God into it! God doesn’t approve of incest much less bringing your great-grandchild into the situation! Apparently you have no morals or idea of right and wrong! Sick old lady!

Anonymous May 2, 2010, 12:34 PM

Ok, I never ever condone incest, but as an adopted person myself, part of me can understand how something like this happened. She puts her child up for adoption. And then her grandson finds her. She didn’t raise her daughter, so it’s not like she was changing his diapers. She never even met him. She’s elderly has probably been alone for a lone time, and then a caring, young man shows up in her life, and shows her the kind of attention she’s desperately been craving. They fall in love out of need for something they haven’t gotten in a while. They decide to have a child, because to them that makes sense. I’m not okay with it, I am grossed out by it as well. But, if they aren’t hurting anyone ( because this child is not genetically made out of incest.) And she didn’t raise her grandson, but only just met him. It’s not right, but it could be a hell of a lot worse. The world is a strange place

cathie May 2, 2010, 12:36 PM

really people? in our culture,yes, this is weird, but in other societies it doesnt matter. its not fair to judge people like this, if you dont like it- guess what shut the hell up and deal with it, they arent making you choose their lifestyle. if you dont like it, leave it alone. if you are truely tolerant, you would let people live their lives how they want. the child wont even be incest because its a donor egg. its not your life so shut up.

cathie May 2, 2010, 12:37 PM

Anonymous May 2, 2010, 12:39 PM

at least they’re not (literally)having the baby with each other…the child won’t have the risk of mutation induced by incestuous mating o______o

oh look here May 2, 2010, 12:40 PM