Jillian Michaels Won't 'Ruin' Body with Pregnancy

Damn! Talk about body issues! Famed "Biggest Loser" trainer Jillian Michaels works hard for the mon ... er, her body, but says that when it comes to popping out a kid, she won't go there.

jillian michaels

In a new interview with Women's Health magazine, Michaels says, "I'm going to adopt. I can't handle doing that to my body. Also, when you rescue something, it's like rescuing a part of yourself."

Wow. We thought Jill was pretty inspirational -- until we read this. What do you think? Did pregnancy "ruin" your body?

next: Happiness = 8-Year-Old Ukulele Boy Wonder
Dylan April 23, 2010, 1:15 PM

you women are crazy, just plain crazy. why are you analyzing the aforementioned statement to this extent, how about taking statements at face-value. this is whats wrong with our country.

Karen April 23, 2010, 1:17 PM

Should it really matter to anyone why a woman does or does not want to have a child? Does she “have” to have children simply because she has ovaries? How petty. If she doesn’t want to give birth, so be it. What right does anyone else have to judge her?

GG April 23, 2010, 1:20 PM

I TOTALLY understand! My body hasn’t been the same since!

Wilma April 23, 2010, 1:24 PM

What a shallow b1tch.
I’m sure she’d find it difficult to keep a man never mind get pregnant. All that dieting and training has probably left her sterile anyway.

Dave April 23, 2010, 1:26 PM

Yes, women are only good for having babies right? Your whole purpose here is for that right? You shallow sipid fools. There is NOTHING WRONG with not wanting to have kids.

And YES is will ruin your body, because most of you are fat to begin with, and then use pregnancy as an excuse to eat like pigs.

Anonymous April 23, 2010, 1:34 PM

Since I didn’t read the whole article I’m going to ask. Did she ever say that pregnancy would “ruin” her body? All i see in you’re excerpt was that she said she didn’t want to put her body through pregnancy. You really shouldn’t put something in quotation if the person never said it.

Jordan April 23, 2010, 1:34 PM

Jess April 23, 2010, 1:54 PM

I think her comments are pretty shallow- it goes against everything she puts into people- it’s about being healthy and how you feel about your body, not what airbrushed Hollywood says. Two kids later, I don’t look the same, but I’m not the same person I was before I had kids- so why not reflect that outwardly. And I am thinner than before I was pregnant- having kids has motivated me to stay healthy and fit for them and for me! My body is not ruined, I think that’s being a little jr. High dramatic. Adoption is a beautiful thing, but for the right motives- not to avoid gaining weight.

Holly April 23, 2010, 1:56 PM

Janie, by your reckoning any woman UNABLE to have children is not worth anything? And you call Jillian shallow.

Ann Denner April 23, 2010, 2:04 PM

FYI things change after babies but with some work you can get things back under control. I am not the shinning example of such but it can be don’t Look at Cindy Crawford or Demi Moore beautiful fit Mother’s. I hate that Jillian has this fear & I know she could totally do it if that is what she wanted to do, however becoming a MOther doesn’t require giving birth, nore does it make you a Mother.

Anonymous April 23, 2010, 2:12 PM

Jilian is trash

garyvdh April 23, 2010, 2:23 PM

probably wise that this woman does not have children. When you are so screwed up in your thinking that your body determines your life choice around having kids then there is probably something wrong upstairs. Pity that she will regret her stupid decision 40 years from now when she the body has gone to pot anyway. Too late to have kids of your own then. Good luck with the adoption though. At least she has that.

Val April 23, 2010, 2:26 PM

I agree with all those who say “if you knew Jillian … .” You guys are reading this in a bubble. It is a well known fact that she has been fighting hormone issues, and it is quite possible that she has been told to not get pregnant because of that. Simply, take the statement for what it is … someone’s personal choice … and leave it alone. She should be praised for wanting to adopt, rather than put down for not wanting to have her own child.

Nina April 23, 2010, 2:28 PM

Good for Jillian !!! Not every woman wants to be pregnant. Why are women so critical of each other ?? I don’t want kids either. Do your thing Jillian !!!!

Tom April 23, 2010, 2:36 PM

Pregnancy ruined my wifes body. I can tell you that much.

Anon April 23, 2010, 3:00 PM

She’s probably a lesbian.

Sam April 23, 2010, 3:25 PM

Jillian is not the only woman who’d say that pregnancy ruins your body. I know this website is called momlogic, but not every mom is a biological one.

Not to mention the fact that Jillian has always been open about her past weight struggles. There’s a strong chance that after pregnancy, her body will never be the same again, no matter how hard she works out.

As a fitness guru, she makes a living by looking as fit as possible and making others as fit as possible. To those of you who think she’s shallow: Jillian is not a stick-thin, half-starved model. She’s a perfect example of what happens when you fuel and exercise your body properly. With most Americans eating and looking the way they do, we should applaud her for promoting a healthy lifestyle instead of picking her apart for choosing adoption over pregnancy, whatever her reasoning.

Lee April 23, 2010, 3:28 PM

Are you kidding me - our bodies were meant to have babies.You can exercise and take care of yourself when you are pregnant just like you do when your not.I agree that it is sending a message that our body image is more important then the amazing bond you share with your unborn child.I feel sorry for her - that she will never experience that because she is afraid it will change her body!

preggo and proud April 23, 2010, 4:01 PM

Once again Momlogic has taken something totally out of context. And by the way, having a baby or not for whatever reason is a person’s right. Leave her alone.

Baff April 23, 2010, 4:04 PM

Oh please. She is so self-absorbed, she basically wants to go out and buy a kid so she doesn’t ruin her “precious” body.

This article has only deepened my already great hatred of her. Have women become so shallow that their vanity outweighs giving birth?