Jillian Michaels Won't 'Ruin' Body with Pregnancy

Damn! Talk about body issues! Famed "Biggest Loser" trainer Jillian Michaels works hard for the mon ... er, her body, but says that when it comes to popping out a kid, she won't go there.

jillian michaels

In a new interview with Women's Health magazine, Michaels says, "I'm going to adopt. I can't handle doing that to my body. Also, when you rescue something, it's like rescuing a part of yourself."

Wow. We thought Jill was pretty inspirational -- until we read this. What do you think? Did pregnancy "ruin" your body?

next: Happiness = 8-Year-Old Ukulele Boy Wonder
emlee April 23, 2010, 4:07 PM

she is ridiculous… i think she is selfless and shallow. I hate her and always will. A pity her mother did think the same thing before popping her out…. and pregnancy doesn’t “ruin” a body it changes a body. She could have just said children aren’t right for me not saying i dont want to ruin my body.. cant wait for her to get old and ugly… o wait she already is ugly.

Jt April 23, 2010, 4:48 PM

Pointing out examples of fit mothers is misleading. No one actually knows how much a pregnancy will affect them. So women have bodies that bounce right back and others don’t. Working out is no guarantee you can regain what you think you may have lost after a pregnancy. I assume all you can do is ask your mother how it was for her.

Karen April 23, 2010, 5:18 PM

I don’t think Jillian is being shallow. Choosing to become pregnant is such a personal choice for a woman. I commend her for being honest and I know where she is coming from.

yeva April 23, 2010, 6:41 PM

yes Pregnancy possible can change woman body but it is part of us. we are woman its normal. it is one of the biggest happines in our life. I am not mother yet but I dont care what is going to happen with my body during Pregnancy and while afterthat for sure with my housband we are planning to have a kids.I am positive the motherhood is very cool and beautifull feeling.

Rich April 23, 2010, 6:43 PM

Good choice. Pregnancy destroys the body. Why ruin all the hard work. It is very rare to have it not affect the body. She is smart, not shallow. She thinks before she pops out a kid.

Mari April 23, 2010, 6:56 PM

Tracey Mallett has pushed out 2 kids and looks absolutely amazing. I don’t think she’d say it ruined her body or her career. BUT each to her own. It’s her choice.

Jen King April 23, 2010, 7:09 PM

Has anyone stopped to think that maybe Jillian isn’t comfortable having a baby because she’s gay? Some gay women are totally comfortable with the thought of being pregnant, others are not. I would not put my body through that either. Nothing to do with how it would make me look. It’s just a mindset of some lesbians.

Ashley April 23, 2010, 7:30 PM

I’ve had two kids and despite the stretch marks. I looked better than I did in years!

Jen King April 23, 2010, 8:31 PM

And one more thing. Just because you don’t give birth doesn’t make you shallow and selfless. Believing that it makes you shallow and selfless, makes you shallow and selfless. Get down off your pedastal. You are no better a woman for giving birth.

Kristie April 23, 2010, 8:53 PM

Our bodies are mere shells that get us through life. When we die our friends and family don’t remember the fit body we had. Memories of children, family and being a mother is what matters most. You should live healthy and do what makes you happy. Family, friends and memories are what life is all about not a washboard stomach and a body that looks great in a bikini.

Milady April 23, 2010, 10:09 PM

Since I gave birth at the ripe old age of…21, I can’t blame my body changes on pregnancy. Sure my teenage body had given way to a “slightly more mature adult frame” (those are my husband’s words, not mine and we’ve been together since age 15 and married at 19), but maybe I just had a baby at the tail end of puberty. Jillian’s up there, so sure her body will change and her metabolism would slow to make maintaining that body a little more difficult. Guess what Jillian? So will age. Whether or not pregnancy will expedite this process is subjective. At 31, I have the same fears about having a second child (I may have let my body rest just a little too long). At least she’s opting to adopt; people who are anti-children will most likely die alone.

laura April 23, 2010, 10:13 PM

Having kids does put a womans body into a bad state. If Jillian doesn’t want to get pregnant that’s her choice. She’s alteast adopting which is a wonderful thing. there are so many children out there that don’t have good homes and need someone to love them & if that’s her choice than YOU GO FOR IT JILLIAN!!!!!

Nina  April 23, 2010, 10:18 PM

To Milady, Having children does not guarantee that they will take care of you in your old age. All you have to do is look in the nursing homes filled with parents whose children never go to see them.

jaime April 23, 2010, 10:38 PM

Jillian never said the word “ruin”. As for rescuing something. The article also talks about how her dogs and horse are rescues. In her previous blogs on her site she talks about being her passion for giving anyone in need help. This is clearly the medias attempt to create headlines. It saddens me to see women buying into this and judging one another.

Amber April 24, 2010, 5:51 AM

I want more than anything in the world to get pregnant. My husband had a vasectomy with his previous wife and we have not been able to afford getting a reversal just yet. Pregnancy is a miracle and every woman that wants to should experience it.

Jessica April 24, 2010, 7:35 AM

I think this is ridiculous. Sure, as women we sacrifice our bodies in order to give birth, but we have seen Hollywood Mom’s who have given it their all to get back to their before baby figures. And I am one of those Moms! I look a thousand times better than I did before I had my children! I always wore a size 6. After having my second son I decided to follow my own exercise regimen which I was able to do in my own living room and I went down to a size “0”. I look and feel great. I have biceps and abs! Maybe she does lack some motivation after all?

aibuz April 24, 2010, 8:39 AM

Some of the comments on here are horrible. You guys sound like you are as angry as that blonde overweight lady on the Dr. Phil show with Jillian a couple of weeks ago. That anger comes from somewhere. It sounds like you need to deal with it before going out and making comments like you are doing on this page.

I am having issues having children. When people ask me if I want to have children, I usually say “I don’t think so, maybe I’ll adopt”. I don’t want everyone to know that I would have to go through 100 times the amount of hoops to have a child then someone that can conceive naturally. It sucks. My mother in law told me that there is nothing like having your OWN child. It seems at the time she was trying to steer me away from adoption.

Don’t judge people! Everyone has there reason for doing what they want to do.
I can’t wait to adopt. I want to offer a child with no home, a family and a life and love that they may have not had.

Think before you make comments. People are too quick to leave messages without thinking how they are making others feel.

aibuz April 24, 2010, 8:40 AM

Don’t judge people! Everyone has there reason for doing what they want to do.

Pamala April 24, 2010, 9:15 AM

I think also the statement about handling how pregnancy changes your body, I mean I can understand how she of all people would worry, but couldn’t pregnancy be an opportunity to learn just what you can in fact do? Imagine how much more she can empower people if she in fact had gone through it? I mean how do you tell a woman who has had children and is having trouble getting the weight off to do it when you’re not even remotely willing to do it yourself?

I think that’s where the rub comes in. If she doesn’t believe her lifestyle will carry over after being pregnant, then why should anyone else who’s had a baby believe that it could work for them? Does her method of staying in shape work all the time, or only for those without children?

Mom in Orlando April 24, 2010, 4:29 PM

So vain… somebody like that can’t love a child, they’re obviously too in love with themselves instead. Makes me sick.