Was Missing Mom Abducted ... Or Did She Just Run Away?

Tiffany Tehan, a mom of a 1-year-old daughter, went missing Saturday during a shopping trip for baby clothes. She last talked to her husband Saturday afternoon, saying she was going to stop by a local rummage sale.

Tiffany Tehan

When she didn't return home, she was reported missing. Her car was found the next morning with the keys locked inside, and the vehicle had a flat tire.

The story got even stranger when surveillance video surfaced of Tehan with 42-year-old Tre B. Hutcherson at a local convenience store. They had been seen there together several times over the last few months -- and were last seen there two weeks before Tehan's disappearance.

Her family has no idea who Tre B. Hutcherson is, and police say he is a person of interest.
Hutcherson owns a 1999 red Volkswagen Beetle with an Ohio license plate, No. EVQ9018.

The Dayton Daily News reported that a woman who answered the door at Hutcherson's residence and identified herself as his wife said he took $2,000 from their bank account.

"Obviously they are together," she said. "[Hutcherson] wouldn't hurt Tiffany."

Tiffany Tehan's family is offering a $5,000 reward on their website here.

Do you think Tiffany Tehan was abducted -- or did she run off with Tre Hutcherson? It's hard to believe a mother could leave her own child ... but could she?

next: 13-Year-Old Attempts to Climb Mt. Everest
Emily April 21, 2010, 5:25 PM

Sounds to me like she up and left.

April April 21, 2010, 5:28 PM

I think he befriended her and then took her once she trusted him. I am very worried for her.

Sam Vance April 22, 2010, 1:01 AM

She graduated in 97 from Hillsboro High and I graduated in 98. I knew her, we worked together during high school, and I considered her a friend. She only dated a couple people before getting married and was very conservative/churchy/loyal. She also has a 1 yr old daughter. I seriously doubt, from knowing Tiffany, that she was having anything other than a platonic friendship with this person. I fear he may have been gaining her trust then took her away. The night I found out she was missing (Sunday), I went out looking for her in the middle of the night. I hope this ends well for her, but it’s been a long time since she’s gone missing.

~ Lee April 22, 2010, 7:51 AM
Pam April 22, 2010, 7:55 AM

I feel so sorry for this young woman. Sounds like she went from a super controlled family to maybe, a controlling husband. Leaving her daughter is the worst thing she did, and she left her with her father. Lets not be too quick to judge. She knew the baby would be taken care of.

Mr Tehan April 22, 2010, 8:31 AM

Well let me be the first to judge. She left her daughter to run away with a man to florida. She caused hundreds of people to worry, pray, and search for her.

She is garbage. Pure adulterated garbage.

goin2grammys April 22, 2010, 9:26 AM

Just goes to show you never know what someone is capable of. She walked away from her husband and family. The most disturbing thing is SHE WALKED AWAY FROM HER DAUGHTER!!!! A daughter that obviously she waited some time to have. Now I can see leaving your husband, but why not be honest about it. Tell him. Dont tie up so many resources and put so many other people thru the wringer. I do hope this is not forgiven by saying Tre made her do it—-She did it. Everyone remember that! They both walked away from their homes like cowards. To ashamed or uncaring for others to level with those involved.

goin2grammys April 22, 2010, 9:37 AM

To Pam
You say dont be to quick to judge but yet you insinuate her husband was controlling. The fact still is Tre left his wife she left her husband leaving a daughter behind. Regardless of her knowing the baby would be taken care of they both took a cowardly way out. And to Florida yet. Not across town at a sleazy hotel for the weekend. Buying dresses and going to Mommy and me sale.Haha yeah buy that one. What about the sin they have commited?

momof2girls April 22, 2010, 9:51 PM

Considering men leave their children behind all the time, why do we presume because she is a mom that she should be any different? We don’t know her life, or situation…

Some how mom’s are supposed to love being a mom all the time… guess what it sucks sometimes.. and for some people they can’t live with the choice they made to have the child… would it have been better if she chose to divorce her husband and let him have custody of her daughter… yes… but having seen mom’s that kill their children for various reasons (including because they were in the way of a new dating life)she made a choice…

Rae April 26, 2010, 8:57 AM

The grass is always greener on the other side. Until you have to mow it. She caused alot of heartach for everyone but the leaving her daughter is a forever part of her daughters history. Some things you just can’t fix.

Proxie April 28, 2010, 12:15 AM

Well, she took the path of least resistance. Don’t say a word, fake an abduction, let the police keep it as a missing case. SHE WAS CAPTURED! SHE WASNT TURNING HERSELF IN!!
What is marriage these days?? “Lets get married and if it doesn’t work we’ll just get divorsed. That sounds cool.”
She will never be able to take back this moment. She abandoned her family and daughter. I would never be able to trust her (at the same level) for the remainder of my life.
I don’t care what you may believe, she will never have a normal relationship with her daughter. Her daughter may never escape this moment -your mom’s the one that abanded you - other kids. Unless her husband is willing to change his and his duaghter’s name. And don’t think this will just fade away after a few years. The internet makes this nearly eternal (at least one life time).
The guys sitting next to me said DNA test. No need. He is the rightful father and parent. She’s unfaithful period.
If she ever leaves the house to run an errand, anyone who knows her will wonder if she’s ever coming home… every time she answers the phone, those around her will wonder who she’s talking to…
Every email she recieves, is it from another lover of that creepy guy…
That will be her life… that’s no way to live…

Angie31Cameron September 20, 2010, 12:23 PM

One acknowledges that humen’s life is very expensive, however people require cash for various issues and not every one gets big sums money. Thus to receive quick personal loans or auto loan should be good solution.

Ten Tees January 8, 2011, 7:29 PM

Good article! Good reading. I have got a thing to submit about tee shirts.