Modest Prom Dresses

You've seen slutty prom dresses, but have you seen modest ones?

If your teen likes a lot of fabric and extra ruffles, then she just might go for one of these dresses that absolutely scream, "No Sex Allowed on Prom Night!"

modest prom dresses

Modest Prom Dresses

next: Not Rich, but Also Not Alone
steph April 6, 2010, 12:52 PM

I’m 17 and I’m gearing up for my first prom in about 2 weeks. I have to say.. I’m a little bit insulted by this list. Momlogic seems to act that anything less than a dress with sleeves and hideous ruffles is “slutty”. Yes, my dress is long but it is strapless and shows some cleavage.. I’m a teenage girl and a refuse to wear one of the hideous contraptions shown above. I can understand modest. It’s not the way i personally choose to dress but it’s fine for other girls. But really? you coudn’t find any prettier dresses than the ones above? I mean.. jeez. They’re the ugliest dresses i’ve seen in a loooong time.. and i went through plenty of stores and websites looking for dresses.

Alexis April 6, 2010, 2:22 PM

Steph is kind of right on this one. Those dresses up their are hideous and way too old for a lot of girls. I understand having them available for those girls who want to wear them or who have religious convictions which require it of them. But really, I wouldn’t want to wear any of those. Full length tshirt topped ruffle dresses shouldn’t be a requirement but there does need to be some balance compared to the dresses in the slutty entry.

But, believe it or not, most teenage girls have the sense to chose the middle road.

jshoreen April 6, 2010, 9:55 PM

Some of these dresses look like those horrible bridesmaid’s dresses meant to not show up the bride. A couple might suit the mother-of-the bride. I’m all for modest, but these are matronly.

Taylor April 7, 2010, 7:49 AM

Most of the dresses shown are modeled by ADULT women! Some of the dresses seem more like something appropriate for an older woman to wear to a formal event, not for a young 17 or 18 year old to wear to their senior prom. There are plenty of dresses out there that look NOTHING like the slutty dresses listed on this site and NOTHING like the extreme modest dresses listed. In my opinion, most the slutty dresses and modest dresses didn’t even seem as if they came from a prom dress merchant..

michelle April 7, 2010, 9:07 AM

Shame on mom”logic” (sic) for using the insulting term “slutty” and perpetuating the old stereotype that all women (even high school girls!) are either “sluts” or “good girls.” And then you show a bunch of pictures of random dresses you copied and pasted from the web, worn by adult models (not real prom girls, because you couldn’t find any who actually wore either the “slutty” or “modest” dresses). You should know better. You are a ridiculous, sexist waste of space and any thinking mom should go elsewhere for their “logic.”

LOL? April 7, 2010, 11:56 AM

why the fudge is this stumbled? nobody likes it and its not really relevant to the average stumbler

confused April 7, 2010, 12:18 PM

yea i stumbled here too. this site sucks.

Ratz April 7, 2010, 12:21 PM

@LOL-
werd.

LOLOL April 28, 2010, 8:18 PM

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA….. no.

twhite55 May 19, 2010, 7:22 AM

Thanks for all of the great information! A Prom Dress is an expression of the young women who wears it. I believe every prom dress has a story to tell and every dress is unique in its own way. Promgirl.net offers the best customer service and dresses to young women all over the world getting ready to embark on their Prom night. Make this special day absolutely unforgettable with a perfect dress.

academic writing jobs February 3, 2011, 3:11 AM

I like your post & I will always be coming frequently to read more of your post. Thank you very much for your post once more. writing assistance agency

jennypaul123 April 22, 2011, 1:45 PM

These all modest prom dresses are very nice. These all are looking very beautiful. Generally girls are looking great in these prom dresses.