Mom ROCKS! Beyoncé's Mom, Tina Knowles

Mom Rocks

She's the "megamom" behind megastar Beyoncé. No doubt about it: Tina Knowles is a Mom who ROCKS!

mom rocks

Yvette Manessis Corporon: When it comes to raising children, Tina Knowles knows what she's talking about. Beyoncé's beautiful mom took some time from her crazy-busy schedule to fill momlogic in on the secrets to raising a superstar -- and to building a beautiful mother-daughter bond like the one she and Beyoncé are famous for.

"I am very fortunate that I have such close relationships with both of my daughters," Tina tells momlogic. "I not only enjoy a really great friendship with both my girls, but also a close mother-daughter bond as well."

Mother-daughter bonding (like beauty and talent) definitely runs in the family. "I enjoyed a close relationship with my mother, who set a wonderful example," says Tina. "As such, I have always tried to be as open and honest as possible with the girls growing up. I let them know they could always come to me with anything -- and I would be there to support them."

Tina admits that, like with any family, their relationship isn't without its arguments and squabbles -- but she says that those tough times are nothing compared to the good ones. "The amazing memories I have of them as children and watching them become who they are today truly outweigh any disagreements we may have had -- and every family has them!" she says. "But there were never any serious difficulties with my girls. We always kept them well-protected and maintained family as a priority in our lives."

Sasha Fierce's mama is fierce in her own right. Incredibly protective of her girls, Tina admits that the toughest part of having a superstar daughter is the prying eyes of the paparazzi and tabloids. "Hearing untrue rumors and protecting them from the negative side of the entertainment industry is the biggest challenge," she says. "It can be exhausting."

As exhausting as it is, Tina always finds time and energy to devote herself to her House of Dereon clothing empire. Consisting of three separate lines -- House of Dereon, Dereon and Miss Tina -- the company allows Tina to indulge in her love of all things fashion. It's a passion she's always shared with her girls. "Beyoncé, Solange and my adopted daughter, Kelly Rowland, and I have always bonded over fashion," she says. "We spent hours poring over the latest fashion magazines and rummaging through the local fabric stores for fabrics and notions when they were growing up. I am sure they have stories to share over the many hours spent in those fabric stores!"

All you stage moms in the making, listen up: Tina has some advice. "First, realize that children don't come with an instruction book," she says."Trust me: You will make mistakes, and the important thing is to admit that you are human and not perfect and [to not] take it personally." She saysthat what you do behind the scenes is just as important as what your wannabe little star does up on stage. Also, "rebelliousness is normal when children are finding their own independence," she says. "[But] this too shall pass."

Though she's a woman whose life takes her around the world with first-class travel and five-star hotels, this rocking mama makes sure she remembers what's really important in life. Ask Tina what she's most grateful for, and she'll tell you it's this: "Just to have my family happy and healthy!"

And oh yeah: If you're reading this, Beyoncé, your mom tells us that she wants more grandchildren. We're just sayin'.

Momrocks

next: Kirstie Alley's 17-Year-Old Son Engaged
sigrid April 13, 2010, 4:58 AM

love all kind Rock music new and the old.

Johnnitta Linton April 19, 2010, 1:32 PM

That’s is so nice I love you Beyonce

Danielle Charley May 21, 2010, 11:13 AM

I love you Sisy Tina AkA CC and i want you to know that i will always love you and support you. can’t wait to see you on HSN!!

Danielle Charley May 21, 2010, 11:16 AM

My sweeet sixteen is May 29 i wish you can come. It’s on Saturday

Download Free Movies Online Now July 17, 2010, 8:06 AM

beyonce is certainly a remarkable singer, i really enjoy her tremendously!!

Online Banking October 18, 2010, 5:50 PM

Glad to see that this site works well on my Droid , everything I want to do is functional. Thanks for keeping it up to date with the latest.

Gia Dasinger October 24, 2010, 1:43 PM

My concepts are almost completely misunderstood.

Maureen Grosbier October 24, 2010, 11:34 PM

Several of the details associated with this write-up are beneficial yet had me asking, did they truly indicate that? One thing I have to mention is certainly your publishing skills are very excellent and I will probably be coming back again for any new post you produce, you might have a brand new admirer. I saved your blog for personal reference.

Bernard Birdine October 25, 2010, 1:37 PM

My brother and I have been just discussing this very topic, he is continuously attempting to prove me incorrect. Your own view on this is excellent and exactly how I truly feel. I recently emailed my brother this page to demonstrate him your current perspective. Immediately after looking over your weblog I saved and will be coming back to read your updates!

Norene Middough October 26, 2010, 8:33 PM

Seeing several of your posts I seriously found this particular one to generally be great. I’ve a weblog as well and would choose to repost a number of snips of your content in my personal blogging site. Should it be okay if I do this so long as I reference your webblog or generate a back link to the posting I took the snip from? Otherwise I realize and would not do it with out your acceptance . I have book marked this valuable posting to twitter and flickr account intended for reference. Anyway appreciate it either way!

Nicholas Furbeck October 27, 2010, 1:47 PM

I have been searching on the web looking to get some ideas on the way to get our blog coded, your present design and design are wonderful. Did you code it yourself or did you get a programmer to get it done to suit your needs?

naklejki ścienne October 28, 2010, 9:30 AM

naklejki ścienne to wspaniałe dekoracje do mieszkania naklejki na ściany ornamenty architektura naklejki scienne

Timmy Macoreno October 30, 2010, 5:23 PM

I’m willing to present personal data into what I’ve learned with regard to.

Keven Robbie October 31, 2010, 12:42 AM

is quite simple.

German Mozdzierz October 31, 2010, 8:35 AM

We will be talking about how pundits who know how can do that.

Jacquelyne Johanek November 3, 2010, 9:01 AM

It was in the cards that I would give up for the benefits of.

Fred Tallarico November 3, 2010, 1:52 PM

Now we must play catch-up.

free ps3 codes November 3, 2010, 6:03 PM

Thanks for your time

Abel Bajwa November 13, 2010, 4:11 PM

I seemed to be imagining this informative article would possibly be mundane due to the subject! However the more browse the a lot better it got.

Natalya Guaman November 18, 2010, 8:50 AM

Total I assume that is one thing to think about nonetheless it will probably just be just a little little bit of base. In my nation we needs to honer superb writers and I’m honoring your publish as I do contemplate it happens to be exceptionally great.