Mother-Daughter Matching Outfits: Would Ya?

What do you wear to celebrate Mother's Day? Matching mother-daughter outfits, of course!

Coordinating your fashion in Mini-Me style lets everyone know that YOU'RE A MOM. Mama On offers pants, dresses and even swimwear in both mom and girl sizes. All of the clothes are made of fair trade organic cotton and are pretty darn cute. Perfect for daughters who can't wait to grow up to be Mommy ... and moms who wish they were kids again.

mother daughter matching outfits

Soo: Would ya play twinsies with your kid?

next: Cameron Douglas: Is Fame to Blame?
Renae April 22, 2010, 8:14 AM

No. For one, bikinis are not for little girls, they are supposed to be sexy, and it’s just wrong. And why would you want to dress like a kid?

mamazilla April 22, 2010, 8:54 AM

i make a lot of my daughter’s clothes and often make matching outfits for her knockoff american girl doll… because i’ve gotten some deals on fabric, i may make a blouse or a skirt from the same fabric, i won’t match her outfit exactly… coordinate yes, but not match.

Denise April 22, 2010, 11:26 AM

EEghads!!! As far back as I can remember I have NEVER liked my mother’s choice in clothing for me & would have died a thousands deaths if she tried to have us match. (I don’t have a girl but I have 3 boys & have never had them match their dad….coordinated for pictures maybe, but never matched.) There’s nothing worse than seeing a grown woman wear “suzie-Q” clothing to match her daughter

Nicole April 22, 2010, 12:45 PM

Okay, I regularly get teased because my daughter and I are dressed similarly. It honestly is not something I do on purpose, but being that she’s two I still pick out her clothes. Therefore, it’s sort of a subconscious thing for me to automatically go for the same colors/styles for her as I’m feeling for myself that day. Tacky? Maybe. But I’m not losing sleep over it! I will say, I would never go as far as wearing the same swimsuit. What’s cute on her little buns would have people running if I wore it!!!

hermom April 22, 2010, 5:32 PM

this drives me crazy. if you wanted a mini me get a freakin doll to carry around with you. children aren’t accessories to dress up and play with at your whim.

AJ April 24, 2010, 9:08 PM

I must admit, while shopping at Janie and Jack today (MOST AMAZING store for children 0-4 years old, I might add, cutest stuff in the world, and the material is so durable and washes well), I saw a near exact replica of the outfit I was wearing.

I immediately wanted to buy it, as well as other items there that matched other outfits I owned. But then, my husband reminded me that children are not accessories. That statement brought me back to earth at a dizzying speed. Truthfully, I was getting caught up and perceiving these outfits as “accessories” to my own ensemble. I felt ashamed and realized why matching outfits isn’t a good idea.

If it’s a family portrait and the entire family wears say, white polos, that’s one thing, but to use your children as everyday accessories is wrong.

Blogshop Supplier March 19, 2011, 12:57 AM

Heh heh oh wow if only i can dream of how I can affect so many other things! Will bookmark this page! Extremely interesting update!

tammy May 13, 2011, 5:07 PM

I definitely it’s adorable, but only to a certain age - like 6yrs.

Pretty Please Collections sells matching mother and daughter dress at great prices.

www.PrettyPleaseCollections.com

tammy hunton May 13, 2011, 5:42 PM

Defintely! But it depends on style and age of the lil girl, i think 6 should be the cut off point. My friend just started her own business selling matching mother and daughter dresses. They are BEAUTIFUL and great reasonable prices. please support women owned businesses!!!

www.PrettyPleaseCollections.com