Should You Tell Your Kid You're Having Plastic Surgery?

It's rumored that Kate Hudson recently got breast implants. She is the mom of Ryder, 6. This got us to thinking: Should you tell your kid if you are getting plastic surgery? We talked to one mom who did ....

Kate Hudson

When Dr. Pamela Varady was electing to have plastic surgery, she wondered how she would tell her twin 10-year-old boys about what she was about to do. She allowed us to interview her sons and hear their honest thoughts and fears:

To see the rest of Pamela's transformation, check out Part Two and Part Three of this video series at the bottom of our Plastic Surgery Resource Page.

Would YOU tell your kid you're having plastic surgery? Why or why not?

next: Birthday Cake Shaped Like a Giant PB&J
Nico April 16, 2010, 9:26 PM

Great videos. I love the time you took to really hear what your children were feeling.
Your empathy is appreciated.

On another note, who was the Doctor in the video and did what did you have done to your skin? It looks so shiny and fresh! :)

I’d love to know.

I think the doctor did a wonderful job! You look fabulous!

Nico

Nico Moon Photography
www.nicomoon.com
www.nicomoon.com/blog
Southern California

Caligirl06 April 17, 2010, 7:39 AM

Yes, I have had surgery and telling them is being truthful and I would never lie to my kids.

Danielle April 17, 2010, 8:58 AM

Can’t say I’m a fan of surgery because it doesn’t change your DNA. As for your children knowing, honesty is great and I support it BUT if mom got surgery so can I thinking and even more self conscious than the already self conscious girl, thinks money really can buy her everything, including able to look like her barbie doll someday. Gross!

Danielle April 17, 2010, 9:07 AM

The BEST medicine for anyone is GOOD NUTRIENT DENSE FOOD, HEALTHY NATURAL ORGANIC FOOD. No matter your age.

momoftwo April 17, 2010, 10:16 AM

I had my breast done almost two years ago and no I didn’t tell my kids, for one they did not ask and two my youngest was 2 years old did not think she would even know what I was talking about I did not tell my 6 year old becuz I did not want him telling all his friends at school.. But truthful he never asked either. Had he asked I prob would of told him but he didn’t. I had it done on a Wednesday they kids stayed over nite and by Friday I took them to the pool… So I think its on a need to know basis.

Darla Siereveld April 17, 2010, 8:57 PM

I dont think that Kate has to tell anyone… that is her business.
I love Kate, love her movies, she is a good actress, and very funny.
I really love the movie ( How to loose a guy in 10 days )
Kate is like her mom, easy on the eyes and funny ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

anon April 18, 2010, 2:55 PM

she was pretty flat, wasn’t she?

Sugar Mama April 18, 2010, 5:58 PM

I will be getting breast implants soon and I have told my oldest son, he is 13. He doesn’t really “get” it and I don’t expect for him to. I wanted to tell him though so that he understood I was not having a surgery because I was sick…. I was having an elective surgery. He is afraid of his friends noticing and making comments. I promised him that I would be modest and that I would not be changing as a mother…. that would stay the same.