Surprised Mother Gives Birth to Twins Seven Days Apart

News Net 5: Jennifer Renz left University Hospital, headed home from what was a big adventure.

jennifer renz
She and her husband, Dennis, are celebrating life -- especially the lives of their two newborn twins who, surprisingly, were born a week apart.

"The whole time I wanted them to have separate identities and be separate people and now they have their own separate and special days," said Jennifer Renz, 26, of North Canton, Ohio.

Her first child, Grace, was born March 22. Renz was in her doctor's office when she went into labor. She had not been due to deliver the children for another 12 weeks.

Rushed into the delivery room, she gave birth to a girl, one pound and 13 ounces. But suddenly, everything stopped with the second baby still in the womb and not ready to be delivered.

"When the first twin delivered, the uterus just stopped," said University Hospital's Dr. Michael Gyves, an obstetrician and gynecologist. "Her cervix started to close."

Doctors weighed the situation, declining to induce labor to bring out the second child in the womb. They decided he seemed healthy in the womb and needed more growth. Doctors thought it would be a couple of days before the second birth.

But it was not two days. Seven days later, Noah was born at a weight of two pounds, 15 ounces.

The children's father, Dennis Renz, said of his wife: "The worst part is she had to go through two pregnancies at once."

The children are the first for Jennifer and Dennis Renz, who have been married for two years.

In the neo-natal intensive care unit of Rainbow Babies and Children's Hospital, the Renzes check on their children throughout the day. Although Jennifer was able to go home from the hospital stay Wednesday, the children will have to remain for a while.

"I just hope they just continue doing good and passing the milestones," said Jennifer.

"I pray for them every day," said Dennis.

The Renzes said they would celebrate the separate birthdays of the two children. When asked about Grace playing the role of the older sister to her little brother, Noah, the Renzes laughed and said that would probably be the case.

Usually, when twins are born, their births are separated by just a few minutes. In the case of the Renzes twins, the births are separated by about 9,700 minutes.

Right now, the twins are in separate suites in Rainbow Babies and Children's Hospital. However, the two suites are really adjoining rooms, each with its own nurse. You could say Grace and Noah are in twin suites.

Just say it twice.

Read more stories Moms Are Talking About.

next: Make Peeps Sushi Rolls!
Fashion Design October 12, 2010, 3:17 PM

I actually appreciate your work.

Credit Card Processing December 25, 2010, 12:15 AM

I am a recent graduate of the Fashion Institute of Technologies in New York and am now at the moment doing work on a discussion board to deliver all marketplace specialists with each other.

Ten Tees January 8, 2011, 9:21 PM

Nice post. Good and fun reading. I just have one opinion to give about funny shirts.

Kitchen Window Treatments January 15, 2011, 7:04 PM

Hey, I enjoyed the information and outstanding design you have here! I have your site bookmarked to catch any new posts. I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and the time it took to post!! 2 Thumbs up!

Fred Noller January 24, 2011, 10:42 PM

I’ve gained a couple good tips for my site from reading this.

Tamiko Miramon March 16, 2011, 12:26 PM

This domain appears to get a great deal of visitors. How do you promote it? It offers a nice individual twist on things. I guess having something useful or substantial to post about is the most important thing.

Air Jordan 14 March 26, 2011, 12:42 AM

I harmonise with your conclusions and will-power thirstily look progressive to your coming updates.

Air Jordan 10 March 26, 2011, 4:32 PM

Reading by means of your enjoyable post, will-power abet me to do so sometimes.

James A. Cates March 31, 2011, 4:41 AM

Valuable

Dustin Byfuglien Jerseys March 31, 2011, 6:28 AM

Hi there can I use some of the insight here in this entry if I yield a interdependence couple underwrite to your site?

Femme Nike Air Max 2012 April 1, 2011, 6:06 AM

Hi there, I ethically like reading your posts, sometimes non-standard due to you!

Air Jordan 14 April 1, 2011, 11:10 PM

Hi there, I dependably like reading your posts, thank you!

sex erotik April 3, 2011, 3:48 PM

I loved as much as you will receive carried out right here. The sketch is attractive, your authored material stylish. nonetheless, you command get bought an edginess over that you wish be delivering the following. unwell unquestionably come more formerly again as exactly the same nearly very often inside case you shield this hike.

Air Max 2009 April 6, 2011, 11:56 PM

I am to a great extent appreciative to you for the benefit of posting such stuff.This surely avoid me lot.I remarkably prize your work.

Air Jordan 3 April 8, 2011, 3:06 AM

Advantageously, the post is in fact the sweetest on this laudable topic.

Currency April 8, 2011, 8:25 PM

My brother suggested I might like this website. He was entirely right. This post actually made my day. You cann’t imagine just how much time I had spent for this info! Thanks!