The Casey Anthony Letters

The Caylee-Casey family saga continues.

casey anthony

Dr. Michelle Golland: These letters just might be the tipping point in this case. What I mean is, this may be what makes Cindy and George stop supporting their daughter, Casey. If we believe that Casey was involved in the death of her daughter, Caylee -- and we believe that her parents either know this or have further information that would help build a case against her -- the allegations of sexual abuse by Casey against her brother, Lee, and her father, George, may be the thing that blows this wide open.

Let's face it: This family has been fighting since it was revealed that little Caylee was missing. They have continued to be volatile with each other and create chaos even outside of the chaos of losing a child. Casey and her parents disagreed on how to handle the memorial and funeral of Caylee. As a psychologist, I think that the manner in which they have conducted themselves is a reflection of how they managed as a family prior to little Caylee's disappearance. Cindy and Casey have had a challenging and disconnected relationship for a long time. They seemed to be fighting over Caylee even while she was alive. It's been reported that Cindy forced Casey to keep the pregnancy when she would rather have terminated it or adopted it out.

Cindy appears to be a controlling and difficult mother -- and if true, her reaction to Casey's saying that she was sexually abused by her brother is a narcissistic and non-compassionate one as well. According to Casey, when she shared with her mom about the abuse, Cindy said, "That is why you are such a whore!" I must say, I am not shocked by her response. This can often be the reaction of the family when sexual abuse is revealed. It is so overwhelming that they often would rather deny it than deal with it directly and effectively.

It seems that Casey is a pathological liar, but it would not surprise me if she had been sexually abused. The Anthony home, by all accounts, appears to have been a home filled with trauma, in one way or another. My impression of Cindy is that she is a woman who doesn't want to be seen as a mother who would "raise" a daughter that would do this crime. The fact that sexual abuse is being thrown into the mix may be too much for Cindy to tolerate keeping her mouth shut about what she believes may have really happened to little Caylee. It seems to me that Cindy has much more rage toward her daughter than compassion. Even Casey's alluding to sexual abuse by George might make Cindy and her husband decide to save themselves by saving their reputation.

casey anthony

New Casey Anthony Photos

next: Go Girl! Garcelle Beauvais-Nilon Is My Hero
db1978 April 10, 2010, 11:38 AM

just put this piece of sh*t to death already.

abbi April 11, 2010, 11:49 AM

agreed.
she’s nothing but trash.
so funny she entered “hot body” contests after she offed her own kid.
she’s ugly as the sin she commited.
i can’t even stare at that photo for more than a couple seconds…
HIDEOUS

Jenny April 12, 2010, 5:48 AM

It’s astounding how 2 years in prison hasn’t taken this dillusional bad girls hopes, dreams and aspirations down several notches. Casey is accused of MURDERING her little girl. She is either in the deepest form of denial or her heart is made of ice. She has clearly not mourned the loss of her daughter, or she wouldn’t have the frame of mind to write endless letters about crushes on lawyers,new tatoos,RV trips with Cookie,writing a book, making a movie, stardom. Casey should never be set free. NOBODY will be safe, dare they cross her path. EVIL!!!

nursing schools April 15, 2010, 8:39 PM

Terrific work! This is the type of information that should be shared around the web. Shame on the search engines for not positioning this post higher!

Gary April 17, 2010, 7:34 PM

This whole case is getting way out of hand. Everytime you turn around somthing new comes out and the press makes it seem like they now have the smoking gun. Face it, this garbage about all these letters and the statements made by the convicted drug dealer and murderer are going to do nothing but hurt the prosecutions cae. They need to just stay with what they have, shut up and take what they have to the jury. All this other garbage is just making it so the defense has more grounds for an appeal.

ed April 18, 2010, 4:02 PM

she looks like she’s gonna get away with it . seems too many mistakes are being perposely made in this case. how is the judge gonna blog w/ a blogger about this very important case. wow….does everyone know everyone in this state. mistake, mistake, mistake. what is really going on.

al April 21, 2010, 5:59 PM

I always thought Casey was messed up early by her family, an unsupportive mother, and a predatory father and brother. I don’t think she’ll ever get out of jail, no matter what; but I’d rather see her live, and get some help psychiatrically. Who knows, given enough time, she may even get to the point that she realizes what she has done.

FRG April 29, 2010, 9:41 AM

Dr. Michelle,
Thanks for your professional analysis.
The Anthony’s family denied the abuse by releasing a statement through their lawyer so, don’t be surprised if tomorrow the Anthony’s will be there behind Casey at the courtroom for the hearing. I am almost sure they will be there and will continue support their daughter no matter what.
Tell me about dysfunctional family!!!!

Fashion Design October 12, 2010, 2:07 PM

I appreciate this report, I am a retail professional in Idaho and I discovered this to be pretty useful.

Formed Concrete Landscape Curbs December 10, 2010, 11:34 PM

Pay no attention to what the critics say… Remember, a statue has never been set up in honor of a critic!

Merchant December 24, 2010, 3:10 PM

adore seriously get pleasure from it

Wooden Window Blinds January 13, 2011, 6:39 PM

Hey, I’ve been visiting your site on and off for weeks now and I always find a gem in your posts. Thanks for sharing. Thank You For This Post, put it in my bookmarks. Thanks again for taking the time to put this online. I unquestionably enjoyed every bit of it.

best short haircuts 2011 men January 22, 2011, 12:56 AM

Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great.

Mavis Putt January 22, 2011, 6:46 AM

Outstanding guide, keep the good work.

Hazel March 5, 2011, 12:01 PM

When you look at how messed up her family seems..how they lie about everything.. it just tells you no wonder why Casey is such a liar that turned out to commit such a horrible crime..I hope she gets a long prison sentence.. and dosen’t get off the hook for anything absurd..

Wholesale Sunglasses March 25, 2011, 3:32 PM

I urge more people would inscribe sites like this that are in fact stimulating to read.

Wholesale Sunglasses March 26, 2011, 9:54 AM

Would beloved to scan support too…Thanks pro crucial notify!Not want ago, I did not utter a caboodle of concern to giving comments on milieu chapter articles and have positioned comments orderly less.

short sleeve dress shirts March 28, 2011, 6:11 AM

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I’m not sure about the former.

Homme Nike Air Max BW March 30, 2011, 11:09 PM

hey, this ascendancy be scant offtopic, but i am hosting my locality on hostgator and they intention interrupt my hosting in 4days, so i would like to request you which hosting do you usability or recommend?

Femme Nike Air Max 97 March 31, 2011, 11:19 PM

Wow, that looks so beneficial!Maybe you fool changed your point not too hanker ago? First because I could take sworn it was not the unchanging the one-time time I was here…unless I am intelligent of a different net site.