Tori & Dean: 'Home Sweet Hollywood'

It's almost like the past nine months have led up to this point.

tori spelling and dean mcdermott

momlogic's Vivian: First, I got to write a couple of essays offering Tori Spelling my meager two cents about how moms can totally relate to what goes down on her show. Then, I got to interview Scout and Bill, her lovely Guncles, about their quest to adopt. Next, I powwowed at length with Scout's mom about her adventures at New York Fashion Week. But today was the day I got to meet Tori Spelling and Dean McDermott face-to-face -- at last!

At a "Home 'Tweet' Hollywood" event held by Oxygen, I had the pleasure of previewing the season premiere of their show (and laughed out loud more than once). Afterward, the sweet and innately charming duo were kind enough to sit down and answer an assortment of point-blank questions from me and my ilk. Here's our interchange:

ml: As fairly new parents, how do you honor that part of yourselves that was there before kids? What do you do to reconnect with yourselves?

Tori Spelling: He's better at it than me. That's something I've been struggling with. I give everything to my kids, my husband, my work and there's nothing left for me. That's something that's a goal of mine. Because I have lost that.

Dean McDermott: It's something we also go through on the show. It's really important to do those things that you can identify with that kind of make you, you. The motorcycle racing can do that for me. I encourage her to find the same kind of outlet.

TS: He does -- he tells me to get a hobby all the time! It's so hard when you're a mom, because if you have any free time, I want to do stuff with them.

DM: I want to make motorcycle racing HER hobby.

ml: You're so great at interior design! It's kind of a natural progression from the jewelry and the clothing ....

TS: Thank you! See, all of my businesses are my loves! But then they become businesses ....

ml: And work! Well, laying by the pool is an honorable answer ... you could use the downtime, right?

TS: If I wasn't Twittering!

ml: You should lay out poolside! That's a great way to honor yourself.

TS: You'd have to take away my BlackBerry.

ml: Two hours by the pool -- no phone.

DM: At least she'd be in one place!

TS: We'll try that this summer.

ml: We know and love your Guncs so. Friendships like that teach us so much about ourselves. How do your relationships with them make you better parents?

DM: What they do to make us better parents is, if they are going to come over and hang out for the weekend, or sometimes they'll take the kids, they'll have things planned out for them to do. And they're incredibly organized. They pack lunches and have all these fun activities. So ideas beget ideas.

TS: They are really like doting grandparents! They never come over without something for the kids. And I thought I was good at putting stuff together! They put our stuff to shame. Like the Easter baskets they made for them ... I was like, "You outdid me again!"

ml: Shamed by Gunc!

TS: The best blessing that could happen is that they become parents.

DM: They so deserve it. They are sweet, sweet people. Just the other day, Bill calls us up and says he has a surprise for the little ones. He found a Spider-Man humidifier and a princess humidifier. Who does that?

ml: Two small children are exponentially harder than one. What secret would you share with other parents, in terms of trying to juggle everything you have on your plate, because you guys juggle so much? Is there a trick or mental game that helps you find that moment of Zen in the craziness?

DM: That's it exactly! The Zen. Whatever it takes to get you through your day, find it and do it. Because everybody's different. Every two sets of children are different.

TS: I don't even drink coffee! I don't know what gets me through my day!

DM: I drink it by the gallon. You know, T has said before, when you're pregnant, everybody has advice and everybody has opinions. And I feel for me to answer that question, I'd be doing that kind of thing. It's all individual.

TS: Two are definitely harder than one on one level, and then it's easier on another because at this point, they are best friends ... they do everything together. So they entertain each other. And their bond is just going to get better and better. It's hard to change diapers and get it all done. Especially when they both want you to carry them! As soon as I pick one up, the other one wants to be picked up.

DM: The answer, basically, is to listen to your instincts!

Don't miss the season premiere of "Tori & Dean: Home Sweet Hollywood" tonight at 10/9 on Oxygen! And follow @ToriandDean_HSH for exclusive tweets!

next: Obama Photo Op is a Big Yawn to Little Girl
Krissy Acheampong November 10, 2010, 5:42 AM

I have to construct powerful bonds of trust.

barbecue tips and techniques November 12, 2010, 8:53 AM

When I read about this, it is always the same. At long last someone has given a different and meaningful opinion.

Sam Henkin November 12, 2010, 10:37 AM

When I here on this, it is always the same. Finally somebody has provided an alternative and important perspective.

laser hair removal system November 12, 2010, 12:52 PM

I was initially treated with the Intense pulsed light which often isn’t the most practical method for laser hair removal. I began with complete arm hair removal. I went to an Doctor who applied a good early model lazer machine but ended up with having blotchy places. Next I chose to buy a tria. I am delighted and will be starting other areas of my body soon. Their costs also fit my budget which is a substantial perk.

Ali Pilger November 12, 2010, 3:19 PM

I was doing Silkn Sensepil treatments for at least a year at this point on my facial hair. Before then I had a heavy dark beard. I am happy about the results. The actual hairs are really thin and I haven’t gone back for re-application for roughly 6 months. I am going to say that it did feel painful a lttle bit on my upper lip and there had been occasions that I got a little bit of redness on my neck. I recommend Intense pulsed light to people having thicker hairs or currently have big sections of hair they need to get rid of. For the men who might like to do their rough facial hair be prepard to get spots over the coming months’ time and many people saying man whats wrong with your beard.

Gaylord Adell November 13, 2010, 9:06 AM

Reading several of your posts I actually found this specific one to be very creative. I have a web log also and would love to repost a number of snips of your respective content on my blog website. Would it be ok if I do that as long I personal reference your blog or build a back-link to the article I procured the snip from? Otherwise I am aware of and would never do it without your authorization . I have book marked the posting to twitter as well as facebook account intended for reference. Nevertheless many thanks either way!

Erma Picketpin November 16, 2010, 3:05 PM

I kicked the habit over the weekend and it is beginning to affect me today. My partner tells me I can’t complete it but I’m so focused about this I will be successful. This morning I began experianceing cramps in my lower stomach and I truly need a cigarette. I won’t give up given that I’m making this effort for our kids. I’m fortunate to have the smokeless cigarettes. It’s been a big bonus to me.

Katy Helmbrecht November 17, 2010, 4:15 PM

All that is on my mind is using cigarettes. I don’t plan to light up and if perhaps someone offered one this minute, I would decline. I feel I’m in a really depressing state of mind and have had trouble sleeping but I know I must definitely end up being strong. The e-cigs may make it easier in the end.

compare e-cigarette November 22, 2010, 12:48 PM

I started out using cigarettes when I was really young. This turned out to be the biggest mistake of my life. Now I’m older and I have COPD. Whilst trying to kick the habit, I heard about the electric cigarettes and i intend to see how it works. Ideally, it will eventually help me with this particular nasty habit.

Margot Demerson November 29, 2010, 4:51 PM

This column is going to explore this issue in some detail.

Sharice Poremski December 2, 2010, 7:55 AM

Why aren’t you trying to phrase this thought in such as way that writes so well?

Olin Reddekopp December 6, 2010, 5:54 AM

You might find that you like this technique but although, the answer could be noticed all over the place.

palms indoor plants December 10, 2010, 10:24 AM

My pal and I have been just talking about this particular topic, she actually is normally wanting to prove me incorrect! I am going to show her this particular post not to mention rub it in a little!

limousine new york December 10, 2010, 12:39 PM

Seeing your site I am confident that i may possibly recognize from college, could happen to go to Tx Tech? If you ever did please blast me a message so we could catch up it has been a long time! Expect conversing with you and pray most will be well with you.

college textbooks December 11, 2010, 6:41 PM

I appreciate your wordpress template, where did you get a hold of it?

Normand Windmeyer December 22, 2010, 6:24 PM

Anyone can follow a list on how to do this.

Benedict Mastrangelo December 24, 2010, 11:52 PM

So, why am I dedicating a whole essay to using it?

Phebe Verhoff December 29, 2010, 7:12 AM

You may not see at first what has to do with this.

web site January 9, 2011, 12:34 AM

I Will have to visit again whenever my course load lets up - nonetheless I am getting your Rss feed so i can go through your internet site offline. Cheers.

casino en ligne 2009 January 13, 2011, 4:42 PM

If you don’t understand how to do this, hire somebody.