Parents Love to Complain about 'Twilight'

Team censorship? The series "Twilight" has been ranked number five on theAmerican Library Association'sannual list of kids' books "most challenged" by parents and teachers.

The vampire love story has been criticized for, among other things, its teen sexual content. Take a look at the entire list ....

Parents Love to Complain about 'Twilight'

ttyl, ttfn, l8r, g8r (series), by Lauren Myracle

Reasons: Nudity, Sexually Explicit, Offensive Language, Unsuited to Age Group, Drugs

"And Tango Makes Three" by Peter Parnell and Justin Richardson

Reasons: Homosexuality

"The Perks of Being A Wallflower," by Stephen Chbosky

Reasons: Homosexuality, Sexually Explicit, Anti-Family, Offensive Language, Religious Viewpoint, Unsuited to Age Group, Drugs, Suicide

"To Kill A Mockingbird," by Harper Lee

Reasons: Racism, Offensive Language, Unsuited to Age Group

Twilight (series) by Stephenie Meyer

Reasons: Sexually Explicit, Religious Viewpoint, Unsuited to Age Group

"Catcher in the Rye," by J.D. Salinger

Reasons: Sexually Explicit, Offensive Language, Unsuited to Age Group

"My Sister's Keeper," by Jodi Picoult

Reasons: Sexism, Homosexuality, Sexually Explicit, Offensive Language, Religious Viewpoint, Unsuited to Age Group, Drugs, Suicide, Violence

"The Earth, My Butt, and Other Big, Round Things," by Carolyn Mackler

Reasons: Sexually Explicit, Offensive Language, Unsuited to Age Group

"The Color Purple," Alice Walker

Reasons: Sexually Explicit, Offensive Language, Unsuited to Age Group

"The Chocolate War," by Robert Cormier

Reasons: Nudity, Sexually Explicit, Offensive Language, Unsuited to Age Group

next: Adam Lambert Mentors on 'American Idol'
GHD UK January 26, 2011, 4:42 PM

Thanks for sharing with it. I was interested in this post.Will you let me know more?

jalainah January 26, 2011, 6:29 PM

Thanks so much for writing all of the excellent information!  I am looking forward to reading more!

Sam Santellan January 27, 2011, 10:41 AM

The leading source for trustworthy and timely health and medical news and information.

Christina Hendricks January 27, 2011, 12:36 PM

Do you people have a myspace fan web page? I looked for for one on facebook but couldn’t find it, I would really like to become a fan!

Landscaping January 27, 2011, 5:10 PM

I’m getting a browser error, is anyone else?

Network Solutions Coupons January 27, 2011, 7:56 PM

In the 1960s, the Advanced Digging Projects Instrumentality (ARPA) started funding the design of the Advanced Experiment with Projects Activity Network (ARPANET) proper for the Unified States Conditional on of Defense. Development of the network began in 1969, based on designs developed during the 1960s.[3] The ARPANET evolved into the fresh Internet.

cna certification January 28, 2011, 12:29 AM

Bah, your site makes my firefox crash all the time

Jacob January 28, 2011, 11:02 AM

The post continually include many up to date facts. Where would you come up with this? Simply saying you’re quite inspiring. Thanks again

Auto Parts Warehouse Coupons January 28, 2011, 12:56 PM

A/C Condenser srg32q3 332 3

Wilford Litle January 29, 2011, 1:22 PM

Neat, I couldn’t figure how to get it right. I did this and it works for me. Thank you again!

best electric razor January 29, 2011, 3:25 PM

I appreciate you taking the time to publish this publish. It has long been really valuable to me certainly. Enjoy it.

wyspy kanaryjskie January 29, 2011, 3:45 PM

Thanks for posting this. i really enjoyed reading this.

renting breast pumps January 30, 2011, 1:25 AM

As a Newcomer, I am at all times looking for content that will help me . Give many thanks

Motion of illegal immigration status January 30, 2011, 2:52 AM

I have been browsing online more than 3 hours today, yet I never found any interesting article like yours. It is pretty worth enough for me. Personally, if all website owners and bloggers made good content as you did, the net will be a lot more useful than ever before.

z2300 January 30, 2011, 3:05 AM

I’m not that much of a internet reader to be honest but your blogs really nice, keep it up! I’ll go ahead and bookmark your website to come back in the future. Cheers

Allan Dimmer January 30, 2011, 7:57 AM

Heya i am for the first time here. I came across this board and I find It truly useful & it helped me out much. I hope to give something back and help others like you helped me.

szkolenia dla firm January 30, 2011, 4:24 PM

Seo cup from Poland

Call Center Lead Generation January 30, 2011, 5:09 PM

As a Newbie, I am permanently browsing online for articles that can help me. Thank you

repair iphones January 30, 2011, 11:16 PM

you’re unfortunate adequately to procure a water mutilate iPhone or fundamental iPhone parts, provides the most affordable iPhone repair. Your fragmentary or dropped Apple iPhone is not lost. We can help you terminate what interest needs to be replaced. We possess anyone of the widest selections of fix up parts and extend licensed services. PDASmart can shield hundreds on a thorough replacement on iPhone 3G or any other brand.

Bukmacher January 31, 2011, 2:26 AM

I was suggested about this web site by my cousin. You are amazing! Thanks! Cya Bukmacher.