Finnish Company Offers Vacations for Teddy Bears

Last time we checked, we could barely afford to take our kids on vacation -- let alone their toys! But that's not stopping a tour company in Finland from offering vacations in Lapland called "Teddy Tours." That's right: It's adventure travel for stuffed animals.

teddytour-logo.jpg

For $140 to $216 dollars, you can send your child's teddy on the trip of a lifetime to the heart of Finland. Several itineraries are available, including the "Standard Journey" (which includes a trip to the town of Rovaniemi and a visit with Santa Claus) and the "Luxury Trip," which sends teddy bears on a reindeer-farm visit, followed by horseback riding (!!) and a river cruise.

Of course, all of the activities are documented by photographs. (Sounds a tad shady, considering how easy it is these days to fake pictures with Photoshop ....)

By the way, if your kids want to accompany their beloved stuffed companions, they're out of luck. The Teddy-Tour terms and conditions are very clear: People and living pets may not participate.

Is this idea cute ... or FREAKING CRAZY?! And what would Flat Stanley have to say about it?

next: Protect Your Children's Tomorrows
bill June 6, 2010, 9:09 PM

There is another similar tour company which gives teddy bears tours of New York City. http://www.furryfriendstours.com.

bill June 6, 2010, 9:09 PM

LavonneKirkland30 October 6, 2010, 8:48 PM

Some time before, I did need to buy a good car for my corporation but I didn’t earn enough cash and could not order anything. Thank heaven my dude suggested to try to get the personal loans at trustworthy bank. So, I acted so and was satisfied with my bank loan.

Chase October 18, 2010, 12:03 PM

I think that is an interesting point, it made me think a bit. Thanks for sparking my thinking cap. Sometimes I get so much in a rut that I just feel like a record.

sniper games October 24, 2010, 7:57 PM

Dude! This blog is amazing.

Pura Raasch October 25, 2010, 3:20 AM

I am frequently looking for someone to alternative articles and reviews with, I’m a scholar student and possess a web log here on our campus internet site. The subject of your web log and writting fashion would likely go great in a few of my category’s, inform me if you are up for this.

Eugena Bergreen October 26, 2010, 11:48 AM

Yes! Few things are as outstanding and satisfying as a good because there is a lot of room for improvement in.

Gearldine Hilsabeck October 27, 2010, 12:05 AM

Many of the points of this write-up are beneficial nonetheless had myself wondering, did they seriously indicate that? One point I have to say is definitely your writing expertise are very excellent and I will certainly be coming back again for any fresh blog post you make, you may possibly have a new enthusiast. I bookmarked your main website for personal reference.

Dorsey Zachariades October 27, 2010, 2:24 PM

My brother and I have been just debating this very topic, he is continually attempting to prove me completely wrong. Your own view on this is fantastic and exactly how I truly feel. I just now e mailed my brother this site to show him your view. After looking over your web log I saved and will be returning to read your updates!

Johnie Lusardi October 27, 2010, 7:09 PM

See what they say with regard to.

Donte Scaiano October 28, 2010, 10:58 AM

That’s the best way to do it, if you take the time to imagine about it.

Rebeca Jonas October 29, 2010, 2:15 PM

It is unreal how dabblers can face a facile realm like.

Dyan Nickeson October 30, 2010, 11:21 AM

I’ve lately developed a plan.

Boris Kuchar October 30, 2010, 4:28 PM

This would be a quite cool bonus if it’s overshadowed by the amount of you get by word of mouth.

Dreama Rowald October 30, 2010, 11:46 PM

This is impractical.

Buford Tarras October 31, 2010, 7:28 AM

is a dream for me and which reminds me, I found two fantastic quotes this afternoon.

house plants November 3, 2010, 7:29 AM

Truly, your piece goes to the nitty-gritty of the subject. Your clarity leaves me wanting to know more. Just so you know, i will immediately grab your feed to keep up to date with your web site. Sounding Out thanks is simply my little way of saying bravo for a solid resource. Accept my best wishes for your incoming post.

ionic travel hair dryer November 3, 2010, 10:06 AM

One must agree! Just incredible! Your writing style is charming and the way you managed the topic with grace is laudable.Since i am intrigued, I make bold you are an expert on this matter. I am subscribing to your updates from now on.

Denny Yeary November 3, 2010, 11:47 AM