What Do Dads REALLY Want for Father's Day?

Father's Day

Mother's Day has come and gone, and although some moms won't admit it, the gift a lot of us had really wanted was a day without the kids. Do dads feel the same way ... or are they perfectly happy with a "World's Greatest Dad" coffee mug and a new pair of barbecue tongs?

Momlogic asks all you dads out there: If you could receive only ONE thing for Father's Day, what would it be?

The 'What Do Dads REALLY Want for Father's Day?' poll is now closed.
Click her for the results!

next: Sisters Liz Lange and Jane Wagman Help Moms Look Fabulous
Duncan May 21, 2010, 12:08 PM

I really don’t want any of these things. Fathers Day for me is a really nice family day out with everybody.

Mon May 21, 2010, 2:44 PM

Why can’t I see the results without voting? I’m not a dad, and I don’t want to skew the results by voting randomly.

Clark Kent's Lunchbox June 10, 2010, 12:43 PM

NEWS FLASH! In a press conference held earlier today, MomLogic announced that their team of scientists have created the world’s first fully cloned father using DNA from John Phillips, Al Bundy, Peter Griffin and that bald, pot-bellied guy on the cul-de-sac who wears deck shoes and dark socks when mowing the lawn. A spokeswomen for MomLogic explained that, “we though it would help streamline our content to write about only stereotypical images of fatherhood that our readers and advertisers can relate to. We’re calling it Dad-Zero.”

In a related story, members of the MomLogic writing team competing in the semifinals of the Parent Blogging Bee held in Boca Raton, Florida fell flat on their faces in the Humor category. No serious injuries were reported, but those involved had third-degree rug burns along the length of their noses. This is just the latest in a string of mishaps for the MomLogic humor team going back to 2008.

DadCentric June 10, 2010, 12:55 PM

Wait, Clark Kent’s Lunchbox - MomLogic has a Humor team? And they’re responsible for coming up with witty, original, and funny material? Are you sure? We’d like to see your sources.

Brian @twinbabiesdad June 10, 2010, 1:10 PM

I was thinking more that I need a new beatin’ stick. And maybe a muzzle to shut them tykes up when I’ze tryin to watch me sum sports on the tv box.

No, No, I know - I really want people to recognize that the role a dad plays has been changing over the last 30 years and that some guys have embraced the change, others struggle with it and still others think it’s crap.

I work with men from a zillion diferent backgrounds and experiences and the thing that ties them together is their love for their kids. I think it’s sad that momlogic is playing into the worst stereotypes of men as parents in its Fathers Day tagged writing. As many have said, probably just a SEO tactic, but still, c’mon.

I love my kids, I love my wife and every day I work hard to be the best father I can be. So since my wife is working on Fathers Day I’ll be getting a day alone with them. We are wither going to a Baseball Game or on a hike. And I bet either way I’ll make it home with both of them, they won’t be hungry or too full of junkfood, and we won’t have had to make any stops at the emergency room (God willin)

Happy Fathers Day

TechyDad June 10, 2010, 1:22 PM

My answer was “A day alone with the kids” only because it came the closest to my real answer “Some quality time with my wife and my children.”

It was also about the only answer that wasn’t stereotypical and borderline-offensive. (Along with “Handmade crafts from kiddies” and possibly “World’s Greatest Dad” mug, shirt or hat”.) The others made it seem like all dads care about is gettin’ some from their wives and drinking. We do care about other things, you know. Like cool tech gadgets! ;-)

Chris (@tessasdad) June 10, 2010, 1:25 PM

Come on Mom Logic, enough of the dad jokes. What I really want to see are jokes about the stereotypes of blacks, Jews and Muslims….

Jeebus, you dizzy dizzy broads don’t have a clue.

AmeAqua June 11, 2010, 11:59 AM

All I could think of after reading this is, the writer made a few bad choices in her life. Her bad choices led to being with men that put sex above all and after knocking her up they became deadbeat fathers.
My husband would love nothing more than to have quality time with us. He works long hours to be able to support all of us, quality time is limited so he cherishes every second of it.

Whit June 11, 2010, 12:09 PM

A) You forgot: nap on the couch.
B) Whose mom?

Nick June 14, 2010, 1:16 PM

I want to sleep with a hot girl that’s not her. Preferably her friend. I feel all fathers will agree with me on this one.

Brian June 14, 2010, 1:29 PM

Wow Momlogic… It’s pretty sad to see “Sex with Mom” and “BJ from Mom” as choices on this list. Why is it that sex and sex acts should be considered a special treat for any day of the year? These things are part of a normal, healthy sexual relationship, not treats to be dolled out for good behavior or Dad’s special day.

Dirty Sanchez June 14, 2010, 1:40 PM

“Sex with mom” & “BJ from Mom” Im gonna pass cuz I dont want either from my mom. Mom could be switched to father, brother, sister or even hotter step-mom.

Kevin June 14, 2010, 1:59 PM

In stunning result, 2/3 of guys like sex. Who would have guessed that?

Me June 14, 2010, 5:05 PM

Needs ‘sex with another woman’ option.

Cable Internet Providers In Australia November 25, 2010, 12:48 AM

No one who cannot rejoice in the discovery of his own mistakes deserves to be called a scholar.

valium December 1, 2010, 3:12 PM

Generally I do not post on blogs, but I would like to say that this post really forced me to do so, Excellent post!

Jailbreak iPhone 3G January 12, 2011, 11:19 AM

Very nice info and straight to the point. I am not sure if this is truly the best place to ask but do you guys have any thoughts on where to hire some professional writers? Thank you :)

Jailbreak iPhone 4G January 14, 2011, 12:34 PM

Thanks for posting.

erotyczne gry January 26, 2011, 12:38 AM

Thank you very much for it. I found, what i want :)

huppe kabiny prysznicowe January 26, 2011, 5:28 AM