World's Worst Mother's Day Gifts

While they say that it's the thought that counts, give us a break! Every mom knows that there are some seriously bad gifts out there for Mother's Day. Here are our top picks for the world's worst gifts ....

Gifts Mom Doesn't Want for Mother's Day

Another Ceramic From Color Me Mine

It was cute the first time but after a closet full of mis-painted bowls and vases and pencil holders and more -- Mommy's had her fill. As much as we love a handmade gifts, Color Me Mine is no inexpensive craft.A handmade and (practically free) card would mean just as much as dropping $50 on a piece of ceramic, which will eventually end up in a million pieces on my kitchen floor.

Anything With 'World's Best Mom' Printed On It

As much as we take pride in being mothers, please just tell us and save the cash on a beyond-generic mug or t-shirt or picture frame. The adding challenge in receiving a gift like this is you can never get ride of it. We can't exactly casually place his kind of a gift in the neighborhood yard sale box.

Yet Another Generic Bath/Body Gift Set

Have you looked underneath Mom's bathroom sink lately? Yes, it's filled with stuff like this from as far back as '88.As much as we'd love to be able to sit around and take hour-long baths, using all these bubbly treats, it ain't gonna happen.

All Kitchen Appliances

Nothing says you love mom like a toaster! And yes, even though smoothies are fantastic, blenders count too. Actually -- all items with a plug that require a ton of kitchen storage space and a ton of clean-up time.

Never-Fulfilled, Made-Up Coupons

These might have been cute when the kids were three but when your teenage son drops you one of these, you know it's a 100% crappy gift. And by the way, has anyone ever have one of these fulfilled?! If so, props to you for being so pissed at receiving one, they had to make it right.

Kitchen Pots

Gifts mom gives to help one to survive college and really, more out of the house all together, are not gifts to be given to mom for Mother's Day.

On that note, really, anything in the home/kitchen department of Target, Walmart, Kmart, etc.

Cleaning Supplies

Even if they are luxey "green" products, just say "no!"

This is the worst gift we've ever heard.

Kitchen Knives

No matter how expensive they are, knives are gifts that one buys oneself. Period.

Debbie  May 6, 2010, 7:44 AM

My kids got me a sprinkler for mothers day one year! They said they wanted to get me shoelaces but couldn’t find any!

Shirley Snider May 6, 2010, 8:47 AM

The worst Mother’s Day gift I ever received was a “trash compactor” appliance. i was so thrilled when I saw the large gift and thought it was a new television, but was really surprised when it was a trash compactor. A gift I will never forget.

Carla Bechtel May 6, 2010, 9:03 AM

Hugs and kisses ,always hit the spot.

Bernice M May 6, 2010, 11:47 AM

When my daughter was much younger, she used to go in my room and get something that I already had. She would wrap it up and proudly give it to me for Mother’s Day or my birthday. She did this several years in a row. I guess she figured I liked it so she’d give it to me again.

akjuliana May 6, 2010, 11:55 AM

More so than “World’s Worst Mothers Day Gifts” I truly think this is the “World’s Worst Article!” It lacked any sense of compassion, the humor was more sarcastic than anything and it IS the thought that counts. As far as those little Color Me Mine studios, I personally love them. I have little hand prints from when my boys were young, we do signature plates for wedding gifts, the ideas are endless. You obviously lack creativity and cannot appreciate the little gestures of a child. Your posting would have been more appropriate for Mom”il”logic!!

Sandy May 6, 2010, 12:44 PM

Ha, those are all better than a bathroom scale :-(

patcaddell May 6, 2010, 12:51 PM

I agree a nothing at all is a bad mothers day.

Cecilia Boutin May 6, 2010, 2:47 PM

It doesn’t have to be Mother’s Day to be kind your mother, but if they forget you on Mother’s day totally, it is very sad, after all we have done for them.

Jodi May 6, 2010, 5:36 PM

I was reading the worst Mother’s day gifts..Well I have one it wasn’t from my kids but from my husband…He told me that he was leaving me and already had an apt. he left the next day, we are now divorced 5yrs ago,but now mother’s day is now tarnished for life..

JG May 7, 2010, 10:24 AM

I work in a flower shop as a florist part time and yesterday a husband dame in with two kids lokking for webkins and thought okay he’s getting his kids the toys, but No, he was actually getting them for his wife from the kids for mother’s day to go with her collection. Weird Webkins are kids stuffed animals.

Kathy May 7, 2010, 10:29 AM

I believe that ANY gift you receive from your child is wonderful,whether it’s yet another mug, trophy, or certificate for something you know they will never do.
I once received a baseball glove for Mother’s Day from my little boys which I will always cherish. In their minds, that was the BEST gift in the world, and I agree!

Cynthia May 10, 2010, 2:08 AM

All of you mom’s talking about the worst gifts, first of all these are your children and hopefully there father’s are helping them decide what to do for you to make you feel special.Colormemine, these are prescious one of a kind gifts from your children. I would be happy if they made me a macaroni necklace, like I use to make as a child for my dad on Mother’s day, he was alone with 4girls and he was all about us. I received a card that I helped my 4year old pick out a month ago at the dollar tree. Both of my boys 4yrs and 14yrs signed it with there name, nothing special but what else am i to do? Like i said be happy because at least they care enough to go out of there way to make you feel special, i am sure there are a lot of moms that have small children that would feel blessed to get a homemade gift that was especially made for them even if it was just made from paper, because it hurts to get nothing on this supposed special day and all of the other holidays as well.

Kelly May 13, 2010, 7:21 AM

You should be ashamed of yourself (the author of this post) and anyone who agrees with this post. A Mother’s love is unconditional and so should their judgement be on any gift their child makes or puts thought into. Regarding the coupons for hugs etc….you say you can’t use them. Well maybe you should have put in the effort to go out of your way to redeem them. I redeemed mine in the past and the way my son’s face lit up was like another gift to me, he was so proud. One of the best gifts I received was a handmade teapot shaped card…my little guy jumped into bed to give me it, he opened it to show me the tea bag glued on the inside and said Mommy you can make tea. He ripped it off the card and I was covered in tea leaves…I cherish that memory every Mother’s day!! This year I received a decorated coffee mug and a handmade clay pot from my 2 boys I will cherish them, not only the mug & the claypot but the memory of how proud they were when they gave it to me. The worst gift ever would be losing a child to cancer on Mother’s day, this happened to a Mom in my community…just so awful. So cherish everything from them, no matter what it is.

Used Golf Clubs September 21, 2010, 12:43 AM

In similar press, Tiger Woods stars inside a film known as “My Preferred 18 Holes.” It turns out it is in reality about golf.

Windows Vista Themes October 18, 2010, 10:22 AM

Glad to see that this site works well on my iPhone , everything I want to do is functional. Thanks for keeping it up to date with the latest.

Towing Companies In Dallas Tx November 25, 2010, 1:28 AM

A little government and a little luck are necessary in life, but only a fool trusts either of them.

buy diazepam December 1, 2010, 2:37 PM

This is a smart blog. I mean it. You have so much knowledge about this issue, and so much passion. You also know how to make people rally behind it, obviously from the responses. Youve got a design here thats not too flashy, but makes a statement as big as what youre saying. Great job, indeed.

Glass Table Top Replacement December 9, 2010, 9:11 AM

Nothing is more admirable than the fortitude with which millionaires tolerate the disadvantages of their wealth.

Steering Cable For Outboard Motors December 17, 2010, 10:10 AM

If you would be a real seeker after truth, it is necessary that at least once in your life you doubt, as far as possible, all things.

How To Take Pregnancy Test December 17, 2010, 10:37 AM