Jennifer Aniston Eats Baby Food?

Ronda Kaysen: Gerber: It's not just for babies anymore.

jennifer aniston

Jennifer Aniston has reportedly taken to eating jars of baby food to shed some unwanted pounds. Yes, you read that correctly: The 41-year-old starlet has allegedly taken to spoon-feeding herself puréed peaches in lieu of regular grownup food.

Baby food has become something of a dieting trend on the Hollywood skinny circuit in the past few years. The diet even has a name (of course): It's referred to as none other than the "Baby-Food Cleanse" diet. (Not a particularly clever moniker, but I guess if you're subsisting on jars of mushed carrots and strained peas, you don't have much creative energy left to come up with witty descriptors.)

Reese Witherspoon has supposedly been known to forgo several meals a day in favor of the little jars (maybe she started testing them out when her own kids were sampling the fare). And "Desperate Housewives" star Marcia Cross reportedly indulges in the bland sludge, too.

But the diet -- which first got noticed in 2007 -- received renewed attention this week when Aniston hired celeb trainer Tracy Anderson to help her get fit for her new film, "Just Go With It."†Anderson -- who has trained Madonna and Gwyneth Paltrow†--†reportedly suggested that Aniston substitute her first two meals of the day and all midday snacks with baby food. The diet was such a success that Aniston reportedly lost seven pounds in a week.

Although Hedi Slimane, the French-born New York fashion designer, has previously been credited with coining the phrase "Baby-Food Cleanse," Anderson claims that the regimen of eating 14 servings of baby food, followed by a healthy dinner, is her creation.

"I developed a cleanse where you can still eat, and it's a lot of purée foods," she told Hollyscoop.com. "I was very careful about the foods I chose to put in it. When you do these liquid cleanses, I felt a responsibility to come up with something. Liquid cleanses do help you lose weight, but you will gain more the next week. I wanted something where you can eliminate toxicity, break bad habits but still have your digestive system going. That is when the Baby-Food Cleanse was born."

I suppose there's nothing inherently wrong with eating food designed for infants. After all, if it's safe enough for a baby, it can't exactly hurt you. But something about the image of Jennifer Aniston stocking up on jars of Earth's Best just seems wrong. Does she use a baby spoon? It would help with portion control. It just seems to me that there might be a more dignified way to slim down. And last I heard, losing seven pounds in the span of seven days is not very good for your health.

Would you try the baby-food diet?

next: Best Mother's Day Gifts for Fashionista Moms
Kate May 6, 2010, 10:55 AM

This is nothing new. Wrestlers have been doing this FOREVER to fit into their weight class before a meet.

hmmm May 6, 2010, 1:04 PM

big deal, it’s just having the food mashed up so your body uses less energy to process it but you can extract more of the nutrients out of it..well if you make your own purees…the crap in jars in stores, is, well…crap…all the vitamins and nutrients have been cooked to death and it is watered down…please go get a sweet potato, steam it, puree it and taste that with the garbage in jars they sell in stores for “babies”. nothing nutritious about it.

this is funny to me… “I suppose there’s nothing inherently wrong with eating food designed for infants.” well pureed food may be “marketed” for babies but honestly it is not “designed” for babies, it is “made” for them yes but NATURE did not DESIGN mashed up stuff for babies, nature DESIGNED breasts for mom with cells that create milk DESIGNED for babies…babies do not need anything more than mother’s milk in their first year, and should be allowed to “sample” mom and dad’s traditional healthy foods to ready them to eat solids after weaning (which should take place AFTER a year not this 4-6 months crap in america.)

sorry just wanted to clear that up….it’s sad how far we’ve come from what nature “designed” us for.

KT May 6, 2010, 1:39 PM

Hell yeah I’d try it! I need to slim down! I just might feel kind of stupid buying it at the grocery store…

TeeTee May 6, 2010, 5:55 PM

It isn’t good for your colon!

k May 6, 2010, 7:03 PM

Never thought of it as diet food but I’ll take it… the Gerber fruits are pretty yummy! I’m sure they’re thoroughly processed, but at least they don’t stink like some of the Beech Nut ones (and all of Del Monte, who should never have gone into baby food… UGH).

jo May 7, 2010, 4:59 PM

haha nice read!

Anon May 8, 2010, 5:14 PM

another lame fad from hollywood

Lidia Sumruld May 11, 2010, 7:17 AM

There has been a lot of horrible remarks about Jennifer Aniston doing the rounds on the internet lately. I believe she looks fantastic, particularly following losing a few pounds.

jill May 14, 2010, 8:28 AM

Marcia Cross was just on the View and she said that was ridiculous. She does not eat baby food. There you go. Just because you read it on the internet, doesn’t mean it’s true. My Uncle lost all his teeth and has to eat baby food and ensure. He hasn’t lost a pound.

Aimee Schlussel July 26, 2010, 6:12 AM

I can’t understand how somebody would get a perfume called Jennifer Aniston. It does not sound like a perfume and doesn’t give the correct impression.

chase online banking October 18, 2010, 12:09 PM

Glad to see that this site works well on my Google phone , everything I want to do is functional. Thanks for keeping it up to date with the latest.

Fidela Claggett October 24, 2010, 4:27 PM

Yes, I realize that I should use to be less commonplace.

sniper games October 24, 2010, 7:57 PM

Just discovered this blog thru Bing, what a pleasant shock!

Isaac Oxenrider October 25, 2010, 3:20 AM

I’ve been searching on the net trying to get some ideas on how to get our blog coded, your general design together with style are excellent. Did you code it your self or did you employ a programmer to get it done on your behalf?

Lurline Keel October 25, 2010, 9:00 PM

My pal and I had been just discussing this specific subject, she’s constantly wanting to prove me completely wrong! I am about to present her this write-up and rub it in a little!

Orpha Boettcher October 26, 2010, 4:43 PM

Seeing a few of your blogposts I seriously found this one to be great. I’ve got a blog as well and would like to repost a few snips of your content on my personal blog website. Would it be ok if I do this so long I personal reference your blog post or build a one way link to your article I procured the snip from? Otherwise I understand and could not do it with out your endorsement . I have book marked the post to twitter as well as myspace account intended for reference. Anyway thank you either way!

Alethea Gode October 27, 2010, 10:52 AM

My buddy and I have been just discussing this specific subject, jane is normally trying to prove me completely wrong! I will show her this post not to mention rub it in a little!

Cruz Grigas October 30, 2010, 6:34 PM

Everything else we do when it relates to is just window dressing.

Denver Petrovic October 31, 2010, 1:55 AM

It is the reason why I completely ignore this dandy hint.

Luis Shorten October 31, 2010, 9:56 AM

I wasn’t one of the unlucky few.