Kate Gosselin appears on the cover of People this week. Here are some of the excerpts from her tell-all interview:
- Life with Jon Gosselin "feels like 10 years ago."
- "I'm sorry to disappoint you, but it's not any calmer. It just appears calmer on the surface .... It's just I've had to internalize and keep quiet the rest of the stress. But it bubbles within me and it spills over, and sometimes [the kids] see it."
- "Mady said the other night -- which every kid of divorce unfortunately is going to say, and I know to expect this -- 'I'm always sad. I'm sad when I'm with you because I miss Daddy, and I'm sad when I'm with Daddy because I miss you.' I feel bad that they're torn that way. But at the same time, I still know that it's really better overall. I've actually overheard them admit, a time or two, that yes, home is more peaceful now. And that's a good thing."
- "I don't think I really know how to even relax anymore. Any little shred I had of that is gone."
- She says the sextuplets' birthday on May 10 was difficult when Jon took the kids for part of the day. "That hit me hard. Sitting there, thinking, 'Six years ago I gave birth to these babies. I was probably in the NICU right now. And where are they?' That was so hard."
- "There are moments when I do see glimpses of what a normal life might be. And I mean normal in the sense of getting used to this, feeling like I can manage this change. But I'm not there yet."