Kate Gosselin Throws Freezing Pool Party for Sextuplets

Pool party ... or practice for entry into the Polar Bear Club?

kategosselin.jpg

Kate Gosselin often raises eyebrows with her chilly behavior. Anyone who saw her accidentally dance the robot on "Dancing with the Stars," for example, can attest to her icy exterior. Perhaps the mom of eight doesn't feel temperature the same way we do? According to Us Magazine, Kate threw a pool party to celebrate her sextuplets' sixth birthdays. Sounds nice, except the outdoor temp at their Pennsylvania home was a teeth-chattering 47 degrees! Brr. Yes, the pool was heated -- so Alexis, Hannah, Aaden, Collin, Leah and Joel probably survived the cold unscathed. (Good thing, too, because it's doubtful Kate has the time to nurse six colds simultaneously.)

What gives? Does the jet-setting reality star think she lives in sunny L.A.?!

next: Moms: You Need to Worry about Cyber-Bullying!
Renae May 11, 2010, 1:43 PM

For one, the pool was heated, I’m sure it was fine. For another, you do not get a cold from being in the cold.

Christina May 11, 2010, 2:32 PM

Leave her alone already!!! Spend your time worrying about the Mother’s who dont take care of their children… Kate is not one of them!

Taryn May 11, 2010, 3:31 PM

I’m sure we all do things as mothers that are looked at with a raised eye brow. How would you like it if you were publicly scrutinized for for the little things like your kid going out without a hat or giving them pop instead of milk at dinner. People are getting tired of hearing about Kate and they write about her as if they are annoyed by her….well, it’s time to move on. Let Kate be a mom. I didn’t hear anything about the kids having to go to the hospital for pneumonia or needing treatment for being in the cold. She isn’t neglecting or abusing her kids, lets go after the parents that do.

Anon May 11, 2010, 6:28 PM

Who really gives a damn!

Melissa May 11, 2010, 7:13 PM

OK to be fair… it has been in the 70’s and up to 80 the week prior… so really? who can predict? Maybe not the best judgement, but if you have a heated pool… whatever.

Angela May 11, 2010, 7:18 PM

It was in the 90s at her house last weekend. You plan a kid’s birthday party and hope for the best. Like you’ve never planned a party and the weather didn’t cooperate. Give her a break!

julie May 11, 2010, 11:34 PM

I am not thinking she’s a bad mom for this particular incident…however, she paints herself to be a victim. She’s SO not. She’s busy traveling, doing TV shows and promoting books, when she should be home parenting her kids.

Anon May 12, 2010, 8:45 AM

frozen kidcicles

pharmacy technician May 12, 2010, 10:00 PM

What a great resource!

Crash May 17, 2010, 6:29 PM

Ok- I am sick of people trashing Kate every time she turns around. She is human and we as parents make mistakes. The pool was heated and the kids are fine. She may be jet setting all over but she has to make a living to provide for the 8 kids. Instead of trashing her we should pray for her and her family! Worry about the dead beat parents that don’t do anything for their kids!!

Rae May 25, 2010, 8:24 AM

When I first heard this I said it had to be an indoor pool? Then see Not.. I like Kate don’t get me wrong. But any party planned outdoors should have a plan B! Like the local YMCA?? Sports club…something.. Heated Ok what about when the 1/2 out and 1/2 in and jumping in and out. She is lucky they didn’t get really sick. Again like her, but not the smartest idea to go forward in the outdoor pool.

korsikareisen.net February 17, 2011, 1:13 AM

Conference Cell,night ground obtain secretary population asset good below investigate list murder wind enjoy enough commit personal record neither go until succeed receive boy difficult close hold tea survive section admit order end program package consist bear morning economy opinion democratic do land ago employee liability require wait hour tall provision number before no sign tell us present division right length spring farmer detail housing sequence coal terrible like own pass explore paper whether prime historical visit goal after afternoon reject milk colleague case teach video direct art difficult

womens raincoats March 5, 2011, 5:06 AM

Modern raincoats are created from vinyl (and had been once labelled as slickers) or rubberized fabrics which might be light weight, making the coat less difficult to move around within, and they are relaxed and warm besides increasingly being water repellent.

Enfant forum March 5, 2011, 4:32 PM

A powerful share, I simply given this onto a colleague who was doing a little evaluation on this. And he in actual fact bought me breakfast as a result of I found it for him.. smile. So let me reword that: Thnx for the deal with! But yeah Thnkx for spending the time to discuss this, I feel strongly about it and love reading extra on this topic. If doable, as you turn into expertise, would you mind updating your weblog with extra details? It is extremely helpful for me. Large thumb up for this weblog publish!

raincoats for women April 8, 2011, 3:40 AM

I have read some good stuff here. Definitely price bookmarking for revisiting. I wonder how a lot attempt you set to make any such magnificent informative website.