Miley Cyrus' Lap Dance Video Causes Controversy

"Extra": Teen idol Miley Cyrus is stirring up controversy yet again in a new Internet clip that shows her getting down and dirty on the dance floor with "The Last Song" producer Adam Shankman.
á
miley cyrus

A video of Miley, 17, obtained by TMZ, shows her dancing with Shankman, 44, during a wrap party last summer for their film, "The Last Song." The Disney star's dirty dance moves were reportedly so inappropriate, some of the parents who attended the party left early with their children.

At one point in the video, Cyrus turns toward Shankman and opens the top layer of her shirt, teasing him with her flirty dance moves.

Check out photos of Hollywood's hottest teen stars.

The producer -- who is openly gay -- defended the "Hannah Montana" star on Twitter last year. "Miley is a sweet angel who works tirelessly and endlessly, and is allowed to have fun in the makeup room," Shankman said about photos he posted of her on Twitter. "Lighten up, or no more behind-the-scenes pics! She is my angel sister."

What do you think of the lap dance video -- bigtime no-no, or no big deal?

next: The Benefits of Long Distance Love
Anonymous May 12, 2010, 1:54 PM

I saw the video and even though I would never dance like that, there are millions of teenage boys and girls who do. It’s called grinding and go to any teenager school dance and you will see it happening.

Kate May 12, 2010, 2:03 PM

If you can’t dance dirty at a wrap party, when can you dance dirty? She’s 17. Do you remember being 17? No big deal.

Cassandra May 12, 2010, 2:27 PM

agree w/pp. ALL 17 yr olds dance like this. Not a big deal.

melissa May 12, 2010, 2:44 PM

If you guys don’t approve, then I agree, but go to any dance club that your 18 yr old daughter is visiting, then you will see the same thing.

mandy May 12, 2010, 4:54 PM

I love you and your movie but i don’t think you should be dancing like that

love your number 1 FAN

ps i would like you to be my BFF

MM May 13, 2010, 6:36 AM

Yes, lots of teens do dance like this, BUT Adam Shankman, and I do not believe it makes a difference if he is gay or or not) should not have allowed an underage girl to dance like that. You can see in the video that he called her over to grind on him. There is no way ANY guy would not have become aroused.

Rhea May 15, 2010, 2:29 PM

O.M.G. SHE DID SOMETHING THAT 95% OF TEENAGE GIRLS IN THE WORLD DO! i hate people like that, but why r u getting pissed at her for it? what did she do that 95% of the other teenage girls in the world don’t? i swear, crash ur daughters prom, u’ll be surprised at what u find.

Jamie May 19, 2010, 2:06 PM

I don’t think it’s the fact of how she was dancing, but WHO she was dancing with. I don’t think it would be such a big deal if it was someone closer to her age. It’s the fact that this man she was grinding uppon is like in his 40’s. That’s the sick part. She is a just a teen. She is going to do things that people wont agree on. People make mistakes, the sucky part is that it all get’s caught on tape. If anyone is to blame for this, it’s the producer. He shouldn’t have allowed for a 16 year old to be dancing uppon him like that. Whether, she wanted to our not. He’s the adult and she is just a minor. He’s the one that called her over to him. True, some of her moves where a little out there to be doing with such an older man, but hey that’s how girls and even adult now a days dance. People need to get over it. Don’t blame her for being a teen and wanting to have fun. Blame the dirty old man that was dancing with her.

S├Ármused October 13, 2010, 8:37 AM

we love her forever :)

Amy October 20, 2010, 2:09 PM

I love how everyone assumes that girls my age dance like strippers.

x pole queen October 29, 2010, 4:47 PM

Why all the fuss about Miley pole dancing. She looks great. The pole dancing is obviosly keeping her fit. I say go for it girl.

pole sport October 29, 2010, 4:47 PM