Miley: Stop Cage-Dancing Until 'Hannah Montana' Goes Off the Air!

Angry Mom: I just saw Miley Cyrus' new video "Can't Be Tamed," where she plays a corset-wearing rare species who breaks free from her cage. And I'm pissed.

Can she not keep her clothes on until "Hannah Montana" goes off the air?! I mean, my 6-year-old still has a "Hannah Montana" backpack, for God's sake.

I understand that she's an older teen who wants to break free from her Radio Disney image. I get it. But SHE STILL HAS A SHOW ON THE AIR. Despite what her theme song may say, I really don't believe she can have the "best of both worlds" ... or that she should. She is taking the Disney fans' -- and their parents' -- hard-earned money. Her show is still a hit. She may want to shed the squeaky-clean image, but she needs to wait until she signs off of Disney for good. Because I don't want to explain to my kids why Hannah Montana has no pants on in her latest video -- and I shouldn't have to!

I saw a Miley Cyrus concert a few years back; it was a benefit concert that I paid big bucks for. She hardly played any of her "Hannah Montana" songs (that my daughter loves) and instead played her "originals." My daughter was crushed. It was obvious even back then that she couldn't wait to burn the Hannah Montana wig and never look back. But if you want to do that, Miley, DO IT -- don't play both sides of the fence. Retire from Disney and go do whatever the heck you want to do, and cage-dance to your hearts' content. But as long as you're still on Disney, keep your damn pants on!

Miley: Don't pretend to be a role model and then get all hoochie on us ... it's confusing to our kids, and it's just not fair. Please don't forget that we're the ones who made you rich. Videos like this one make me want my money back.

next: Charlie Sheen Surrenders Custody of His Daughters
Traci May 5, 2010, 4:16 PM

Perhaps it’s time we stopped letting the TV be a role model for our children and started *gasp* being role models ourselves!

Janae May 5, 2010, 4:38 PM

Miley’s 17, she can do whatever she wants.
I Can’t Be Tamed is not a Hannah Montana song, it’s a Miley Cyrus song. If you don’t like… here’s a thought… DON’T LET YOUR DAUGHTER WATCH IT! Hannah Montana is a fictional character, why are you letting her be a role model for your child?

Michelle May 5, 2010, 4:54 PM

Oh please, Miley is all grown up now, she doesn’t need to cover up. She’s not Hannah Montana, shes Miley Cyrus. Do you believe her whole life revolves around Hannah Montana? A Miley Cyrus concert is not a Hannah Montana concert. Miley does NOT want to be a role model, she already said that. That’s who she is, and so what if she has a show on the air!? She’s not the same girl on the TV. SHES NOT HANNAH MONTANA, get over it. Either way, Miley doesn’t want a 6 year old fan, she wants people her age. She’s out of Disney after the 4th season of HM, and at least she’s being who she is. Stop having her parent your child.

Renae May 5, 2010, 4:57 PM

This is really stupid. Miley Cyrus doesn’t make you buy Hannah Montana paraphernalia, you people buy into it because your kids wine if you don’t buy it for them, she’s not taking money from anyone. She’s not responsible for any implied sexuality your kids pick up.

Rachel May 5, 2010, 4:59 PM

your just mad that your not getting what you want. get over it, miley’s her own person and not hannah montana. parents like you disgust me.

lisa May 5, 2010, 5:13 PM

u are your daughters role model not miley cyrus. she has to worry about her own career and its time for her to grow up and let her wings fly. get over it and worry about other things

chris May 5, 2010, 5:27 PM

I agree with everyone on here (probably a first) Miley is Miley. Hannah Montana is a made up for tv charater. Let her grow up and you be the role model for your daughter.

Beth May 5, 2010, 5:36 PM

I agree with the above comments. If you don’t approve, turn it off. You have control over the TV. A celebrity is not responsible for determining what is appropriate for your child, you are. She has every right to do whatever she wants with her career.

Anonymous May 5, 2010, 5:50 PM

I agree with all the above comments.

Sol May 5, 2010, 5:58 PM

I must be out of touch with today’s parents because this does not concern me or bother me at all. My daughter does not ‘look up’ to tv stars or have pop stars as role models. I spend a lot of our time together discussing what is/isn’t appropriate for young women & why. She is 5 and I believe that she is developing a good moral fiber. Miley can do what she wants. We don’t have to watch it.

Maizy May 5, 2010, 6:01 PM

Sorry angry mom. But, if you really followed Miley Cyrus you would know she tried to get out of her Hannah Montana contract last year so that she could become the young adult she has grown into and wanted to stop playing the tween. But, that great company Disney wanted to milk her for all she was worth and wouldn’t let her out of the contract. She is ready to soar and with some bitterness probably at this point. Hannah is not real, you should teach that to your child. And, a fictional character can not be a role model. I noticed you use some pretty strong language for a parent. Is this the role model you want to be for your child. And, as for no clothes on, I’m sure your child has seen much less watching Disney shows.

Carin May 5, 2010, 6:07 PM

It’s not her job to be a role model, it’s her job to be an entertainer. Why should she be stuck with the Hannah Montana image just because parents and their kids don’t want to let go. She’s growing up. Same thing happened when Britney Spears decided she didn’t want to dress/act like a teeny bopper anymore.

YOU be your 6 year old’s role model, don’t put it on some celebrity.

Anon May 5, 2010, 6:19 PM

Old horse teeth sounds just like Britney, Christina or any chick from american idol.

Brandi May 5, 2010, 6:33 PM

My father in-laws wonder why i don’t let my 8 yr old idol Her.. She is just like every other child fan… one day it will end.. I don’t let my children have idols, and wear there clothes ect..

sanon May 5, 2010, 7:11 PM

With 101 episodes in the can after this season, Hannah Montana is schedule to go directly into reruns as soon as it ends. So it will be on the air for at least the next 10 years. Do you really expect Miley to hold back her career for 10 more years so you can avoid being a parent to your kids?

margaret May 5, 2010, 7:27 PM

I am 62 retired and living in Florida. I must admit I have not followed Miley, but I saw her new music video and I really liked it. I’m sure the mothers who have small children may feel differently but I would most likely watch it again if it were on TV. Nice job Miley, you show great talent for your age.

Elizaneth W May 5, 2010, 9:15 PM

I think the solution is simple: don’t let her watch it. Miley catches a lot of crap about the way she dresses and the things she does. I would hate to be in her place. The only reason she gets beat up on is because she is a Disney star. If she wants to be herself she can’t because she is on Disney? That’s crazy! Imagine you or your daughter wanting to follow your dreams but can’t because ofwhere you live,for example. It must be hard on her. She is very talented and she deserves to have the chance to be/do whatever she wants. I don’t like the way any of the people in the public eye dress. So I keep my 4yo out of it. No big deal! Just teach our children fact from fiction. What about “The American Dream”? Shouldn’t that apply to everyone? Angry Mom has a few good points, but mostly leave Miley alone. Let her be herself

mom of 2 May 5, 2010, 9:18 PM

Wow, I think I actually agree with everyone. As my mother used to tell me growing up “If you don’t like it don’t look at it” Wow what a concept. I still use it, if I don’t like it I just don’t let my kids watch it or buy it. Guess I’m one of those radical moms that still believe I am the boss of my children and they follow my rules and guidance. They also hear the word no a lot. You might want to try it sometime. I really hate when some parents think that everyone should change to fit their liking seriously, happy meal toys and now this. Whatever happened to parenting?

Anonymous May 6, 2010, 3:13 AM

A lot of kids still watch her show and I can see what the writer is talking about. But the fact is she is still a pop artist and just don’t let your daughter watch her videos. It’s all about the entertainment industry. They don’t care about young kids. They like to have young girls grown as quickly as possible. I didn’t see her as a role model even on the popular TV show. Kids need to have real role models like their own parents instead of people like Miley as a substitute.

blank May 6, 2010, 6:29 AM

Come on folks! Let her grow up. I think it was taste fully done. We can’t expect her to stay 12 the rest of her life. If you don’t like what she is doing with her career now then don’t watch. Sounds to me like the complainers have been bit by the green eyed monster. Maybe THEY should grow up as well.