Miley: Stop Cage-Dancing Until 'Hannah Montana' Goes Off the Air!

Angry Mom: I just saw Miley Cyrus' new video "Can't Be Tamed," where she plays a corset-wearing rare species who breaks free from her cage. And I'm pissed.

Can she not keep her clothes on until "Hannah Montana" goes off the air?! I mean, my 6-year-old still has a "Hannah Montana" backpack, for God's sake.

I understand that she's an older teen who wants to break free from her Radio Disney image. I get it. But SHE STILL HAS A SHOW ON THE AIR. Despite what her theme song may say, I really don't believe she can have the "best of both worlds" ... or that she should. She is taking the Disney fans' -- and their parents' -- hard-earned money. Her show is still a hit. She may want to shed the squeaky-clean image, but she needs to wait until she signs off of Disney for good. Because I don't want to explain to my kids why Hannah Montana has no pants on in her latest video -- and I shouldn't have to!

I saw a Miley Cyrus concert a few years back; it was a benefit concert that I paid big bucks for. She hardly played any of her "Hannah Montana" songs (that my daughter loves) and instead played her "originals." My daughter was crushed. It was obvious even back then that she couldn't wait to burn the Hannah Montana wig and never look back. But if you want to do that, Miley, DO IT -- don't play both sides of the fence. Retire from Disney and go do whatever the heck you want to do, and cage-dance to your hearts' content. But as long as you're still on Disney, keep your damn pants on!

Miley: Don't pretend to be a role model and then get all hoochie on us ... it's confusing to our kids, and it's just not fair. Please don't forget that we're the ones who made you rich. Videos like this one make me want my money back.

next: Charlie Sheen Surrenders Custody of His Daughters
Axo May 10, 2010, 6:39 PM

Well “Hannah Montana” isn’t Miley Cyrus. Thank you. Here’s a thought…you don’t like Miley, don’t let your daughter watch it. Shut up and stop complaining, you don’t phase Miley. AND if you listen to the song, she’s “not here to sell you”..Nothing you say will change her. She’s not your daughter, is she? No. Thanks.

Jules May 10, 2010, 6:48 PM

It’s not about what Miley does or, as you call her incorrectly “Hannah Montana”. It’s about what you as a parent tell your child. I grew up with risque acts and I was never once negatively affected by them nor traumitized because my parents instilled in me the belief that a) you should not look up to, make role models out of, or idolize pop stars b) there is a huge difference between reality and television and c) there is a clear set of rules for common decency in the real world. I was taught right from wrong. That’s what matters. If Miley wants to go pants-less than so be it. She’s a teenager. The most volatile of any human developmental phase. You should be clear with your daughter that she’s not hannah montana. Hannah doesn’t exist. And if she’s too young to comprehend that and it really bothers you, just don’t let her watch it.

Cool123 May 10, 2010, 6:50 PM

wow you’re retarted.
MILEY CYRUS is her OWN self.
HANNAH MONTANA is a fake character on Disney Channel. Your daughter should know the difference.

That video was BARELY sexual and that’s what teenage girls act like. GET OVER IT.

JennaBe May 10, 2010, 6:52 PM

Oh C’mon she is 17 not 12 anymore and if you kid is watching MTV then she will see much worse. The video is not played on Disney Channel so control you child I know my child does not watch MTV. She is only 7.

Raechaelle May 10, 2010, 6:53 PM

Miley is 17& Not Hannah Montana. why dont YOU raise your child? your a stupid moron who doesnt know how to raise a child. poor kid is probably mentally screwed thanks to your DNA.

miley is beautiful and talented. get a life and take your kid to the park.

Lee May 10, 2010, 6:54 PM

My daughter practically grew up with Miley and still looks up to her even now as a 15 year old girl. My other daughters, ages 5 and 9, also look up to her. In Miley’s newest video, she is showing how you need to be yourself and not let others control you, and that has NEVER been wrong. My daughter showed me the video and I personally loved it. It wasn’t raunchy or distasteful. She was wearing a body suit with her legs pratically covered by feathers, feather pieces, etc. She’s a performer, not a parent. You can’t blame your child’s behavior or disappoinment all on a seventeen year old super star.

HBICMILEY May 10, 2010, 6:54 PM

Why are you guys relying on Miley Cyrus to be role models for your children? Miley cyrus is almost 18 years old she can do whatever she likes and shouldn’t get this much hate for it. Teenagers are teenagers you can’t rely on them 24/7. Miley is getting out of Disney, which is good because then she dosen’t have to deal with all you braggy parents. DEAL WITH IT!

ANON May 10, 2010, 7:07 PM

You pack of stupid idiots.

cecileM May 10, 2010, 7:07 PM

I really have a hard time to understand articles like this one. Disney and Miley are trying the best to keep her own singing and acting career separate from Hannah Montana. Everything she does for HM and the Disney channel is age appropriate. She started her own singing career as Miley Cyrus. She has to have a job and still be known when HM finishes. Miley Cyrus makes music for fans her age that like other singers like Britney, Gaga, etc. In between, Miley, almost 18, still changes into her HM costume to entertain YOUR KIDS on Disney channel. She is always extremely nice to kids, granting wishes for young children to meet her. If your children are parented properly and watch only the things they should see, all they see is that Miley is a very nice girl and a good role model. If your 6 year olds watch MTV instead, you have a lot more to worry about than Miley Cyrus.

Sarah May 10, 2010, 7:27 PM

Miley has said:
OVER AND OVER AGAIN. SHE IS NOT A ROLE MODEL. SHE IS A SINGER/ACTRESS NOTHING MORE.
This mother should be ashamed of herself. Why does she want a teenage girl to be her daughters role model?
If you wanted to see Hannah Montana songs go to a Hannah Montana concert. NOT A MILEY CYRUS CONCERT. What is wrong with you? Honestly? Miley concert NOT a Hannah concert! You should have gone to the “Best of both worlds concert” if you wanted Hannah songs or here’s a thought go to a HANNAH MONTANA concert.

Cynthia May 10, 2010, 7:29 PM

She is allowed to grow up, she’s 17. I have two daughters, one 17 and one 14, and we all think shes a bit trashy, but the simple solution is to not let your kids watch it. End of story. Miley isn’t responsible for the sexuality it implies. This is how she wants to live her life

Anonymous May 10, 2010, 7:51 PM

Okay first of all, Miley is NOT here to be a role model to your kids, she is here to be an entertainer. Here’s a bright idea, why don’t YOU be the role model to your kids? Geez.

And second of all, this video did not premiere on Disney, nor is it a Hannah Montana song, nor is anyone forcing you or your children to watch it.

Third of all, Miley is not TAKING your “hard-earned” money. If you can’t say “No, I don’t want to buy this overpriced Hannah Montana crap” to your children and buy them whatever they want, you can’t judge Disney for endorsing Miley, nor can you blame it on Miley.

Fourth of all, going to a MILEY CYRUS concert means she’s going to play MILEY CYRUS songs because it is a MILEY CYRUS concert. Not a Hannah Montana concert. She can’t be Hannah all the time, she wants to focus on her own music too.

Lastly Hannah Montana is not real (Maybe you should calm your delusions before you badmouth people like Miley, I mean geez, you think a fictional character is real/can be a role model)

Anonymous May 10, 2010, 8:06 PM

even when her show is over she still will be remembered as Hannah Montana. That title should not slow her down as she moves on with life. She is a music artist and needs to do her own thing as she seperates herself from her show and becomes herself

IsabelConway May 10, 2010, 8:27 PM

I had a desire to start my own company, however I did not have enough of money to do this. Thank heaven my fellow said to use the www.lowest-rate-loans.com. Thus I received the short term loan and made real my dream.

Anonymous May 10, 2010, 10:03 PM

okay.
Miley Cyrus is almost eighteen. She can do whatever she wants, and if you’re going to rely on her to be the “role model” of your kids, then dont bash on her, she’s her own person. She also said, she dosen’t want to be a role model. If your kids make mistakes, then thats them, look at YOUR parenting. And Disney does not have this on their channel, so If your kids watch MTV, you have many other things to worry about. And if you wanted to go to a Hannah Montana concert, then go to one! But since you went to a MILEY CYRUS concert, expect her to sing MILEY CYRUS songs, Not Hannah. And of course she wants to get out of it. I believe playing the same role year after year and having to be this “perfect child” would get old, because NO teenager is perfect, they all make mistakes.
So you need to grow up and start acting like a parent, and if you dont want your child asking “why Miley Cyrus isn’t wearing any pants in her new music video” (Which she clearly is, she has feathers covering) then simply, just DONT let them watch the video. Its that simple.

heath May 10, 2010, 10:42 PM

she isn’t going to do ur parenting for you. she is growing just like your children; you can’t hault her growth. she is 17 yrs old going on 18, just dont let your child see the video is all, you control what they watch on tv and what they can view on the internet. also she isn’t using sex to sell records shes sold a lot before this single even came out, cut her some slack

rachel May 11, 2010, 5:11 AM

Miley is NOT Hannah Montana,HM is a made up character,and you should not let your children watch Miley if you think she’s not a good role model.Miley said herself she doesn’t want to be known as a role mode her whole life. And if you think you not telling your child why Miley wasn’t wearing any pants in her music video,means your child won’t find out one day,think again. When your child grows up she will know more. Why don’t you be a role model instead of letting the TV control your childs life?

Jman's mom May 11, 2010, 6:50 AM

hummm.. luckily never been into the Hannah Montana thing but it is sad that the reality is there are just not many public role models for any of us anymore. Most ultimately prove themselves all too human. But that aside. I watched this video and was dismayed to see what seemed to be a Lady GaGa knock off. Miley should be able to go whatever direction she chooses but I guess I thought I was going to hear somthing new. I enjoy Lady GaGa performances and really had to look close to make sure it wasn’t her in another off the wall get up. Take a look at Bad Romance and Poker Face and you will see the same moves, looks, settings, mock sex and kissing with both men and women. (gotta play to the WHOLE audience). Anyway, not judging, good bad or indifferent.. but just an observation.

anna efron May 11, 2010, 7:38 AM

I think it’s exaggerated. Sure it’s something new, but she warned that it wasn’t going to be for little kids. She quites the show, so why should she waite. She’s growing up and so are her fans.
Don’t blame her, on the person she is. I think she is a good person with all the things she does for charitys and so on.

JDamon May 11, 2010, 12:28 PM

Seriously? That outfit is waaay too sexy… if it was 1950. That is like a 1950’s housewife one piece bathing suit, all it’s missing is the little skirt.

I guess all of the very mature mothers have amnesia about how they acted when they were 16-17.

Definitely NOT news buzz worthy.