Miley: Stop Cage-Dancing Until 'Hannah Montana' Goes Off the Air!

Angry Mom: I just saw Miley Cyrus' new video "Can't Be Tamed," where she plays a corset-wearing rare species who breaks free from her cage. And I'm pissed.

Can she not keep her clothes on until "Hannah Montana" goes off the air?! I mean, my 6-year-old still has a "Hannah Montana" backpack, for God's sake.

I understand that she's an older teen who wants to break free from her Radio Disney image. I get it. But SHE STILL HAS A SHOW ON THE AIR. Despite what her theme song may say, I really don't believe she can have the "best of both worlds" ... or that she should. She is taking the Disney fans' -- and their parents' -- hard-earned money. Her show is still a hit. She may want to shed the squeaky-clean image, but she needs to wait until she signs off of Disney for good. Because I don't want to explain to my kids why Hannah Montana has no pants on in her latest video -- and I shouldn't have to!

I saw a Miley Cyrus concert a few years back; it was a benefit concert that I paid big bucks for. She hardly played any of her "Hannah Montana" songs (that my daughter loves) and instead played her "originals." My daughter was crushed. It was obvious even back then that she couldn't wait to burn the Hannah Montana wig and never look back. But if you want to do that, Miley, DO IT -- don't play both sides of the fence. Retire from Disney and go do whatever the heck you want to do, and cage-dance to your hearts' content. But as long as you're still on Disney, keep your damn pants on!

Miley: Don't pretend to be a role model and then get all hoochie on us ... it's confusing to our kids, and it's just not fair. Please don't forget that we're the ones who made you rich. Videos like this one make me want my money back.

next: Charlie Sheen Surrenders Custody of His Daughters
Rita May 11, 2010, 1:59 PM

Why would your daughter ask why Hannah Montana doesn’t have pants on? Doesn’t she see more at the beach or pool? Or do you put a blindfold over her eyes so she can’t see anything that’s bad or shameful to you?

Didn’t Hannah Montana kiss a boy recently on an episode? I don’t really watch HM that much so I could be wrong, but what will you do when your daughter sees that? Will you write hate-mail to Disney?

About the Miley concert, anyone could have told you she wouldn’t sing HM songs. Would you go to a Justin Timberlake concert and expect him to sing NSync songs? If your daughter is 6 now and you took her to a Miley concert a few years ago, how old was she then? 3, 4? That’s just stupid! Are you afraid to say “No” to your daughter when she asks for something HM/Miley related? If she’s too young to understand Miley and Hannah Montana are 2 different people and Hannah Montana isn’t real, then she’s too young to be watching those shows. Period.

Kristen May 11, 2010, 4:12 PM

I think we all need to accept the fact that Miley Cyrus is Miley Cyrus, and not Hannah Montana. Yes, I was disappointed, I didn’t enjoy the video much but…I’m just curious. WHY would you let your kid watch it? It would be your own fault if they asked you “why Hannah Montana doesn’t have pants on”, by showing them the video. I do not mean to be offensive, but that’s my belief. Also, of course Disney wants to keep Miley as long as they can. She makes them loads of money, doesn’t she? After this summer, Hannah Montana is done. Finally.
Don’t let a fictional character be your child’s role model. That’s what I’ll say to you. Be your own child’s role model.

Amelia May 11, 2010, 6:21 PM

She’s maturing. I think she has a right to do whatever she pleases. She’s been on Hannah Montana for far to long, and she’s grown up. It’s not like your little girls have to see her new video if you don’t find it appropriate. She has a right to do what she wants without people telling her it’s wrong. If she wants to go pantless, what’s to say she can’t? Who are you to say she should be a certain way?

ratelees May 11, 2010, 9:40 PM

I do agree that Miley should be able to advance her career at her discretion, show on the air or not. I also agree that kids need real life role models, not tv characters. But I gotta say, I think the video is trashy for a 17 yr old, however if thats the image she wants to go with, its up to her I guess, but my kids won’t be watching it.

Creative2xmom May 11, 2010, 11:03 PM

Give me a break. 17 is not “all grown up.” She’s still a kid herself. 18 is not “all grown up.” Would we like to be remembered by how we behaved at 18? What I’m ashamed of is her parents. When did they stop being parents?

meg May 14, 2010, 10:03 AM

First, why let your daughter watch it? Second, why does your daughter not understand that Hannah Montana is a fictional character, and Miley Cyrus is who she is? My five year old understands that concept. Third, why is Hannah Montana a role model?

Fourth, why are you afraid to explain why she has no pants on? Part of your job as parent is precisely to explain those things and help your kids learn to think about them and make decisions about them. Not any easy one to answer in an age-sensible way, for sure, but if you’re going to let you kid watch and apparently idolize Hannah Montana, and show her Miley Cyrus videos, then that’s what you’ve signed up for. If you don’t think you can explain it to her, then maybe instead of being mad at Miley Cyrus you should take a close look at what you’re choosing for your child instead.

Rhea May 15, 2010, 2:23 PM

what’s that biggie? Don’t alot of magician’s assistants dress like that? Isn’t it just like a full swimsuit? if you can wear a swimsuit in public, then she can wear that. I am a 12 year old girl, and i hate i am one of those people who feels like murdering scandily clad girls, but that was no biggie. I actually hate short-shorts more that that! She wasn’t even showing her tummy! oh big deal, she displayed her legs, don’t you when you go swimming. I know that some may not, as their religion forbids them to, so THEY have every right to be upset. I wear that kinda thing when i go swimming (i wear a full swimsuit) so that is no biggie.

kje80 May 19, 2010, 7:18 AM

Wow,a site called “momlogic” and yet this. These comments just kill me. I agree with the mom who said she doesn’t allow her kid to have idols. Good for you, I don’t let mine either. I also agree that we live in a free country and Miley gets to do whatever..well.. her parents are willing to sign off on (umm wait, did we forget she is still underage??). That being said, and to all you mom’s who are crying “just let her grow up”, I just want to know when “growing up” start automatically including stripper poles, cage dances and half nakedness as a standard?! You should want better for your daughters moms, turn off the tv and try teaching your girls some self-respect and grace, none of which you will find in the pop culture of today.

Lyss May 24, 2010, 10:27 PM

Hmmm. Why are you giving your 6 year old daughter free reign to look at whatever 6 whatever she wants online? Why are you letting your daughter watch MTV? I mean certainly none of that is good parenting and completely inn appropriate…I mean come on… Miley’s Tamed video is clearly not playing on the Disney Channel and paparazzi pictures aren’t displayed on Disney…so, if your child is only watching Disney…I don’t see how this even matters?

Lyss May 24, 2010, 10:29 PM

Oh…and its called a leotard…people don’t usually wear pants with leotards in dance…nor do people wear pants with dresses. What is wrong with people these days geez.

Megan May 26, 2010, 8:02 PM

Are you kidding? Are you saying that all people who interact/perform for children need to be 100% perfect angels? If you’re responsible, you will make sure that your kid doesn’t see that side of Miley, just as you shouldn’t let them see any music video of a top 40 artist. It’s so hypocritical of parents sometimes. Do you always act the same way away from your kids? Are you going to stop having sex because you don’t want kids to interact with anyone who has sex? Will you expect all of your kid’s teachers to leave a totally virginal life because they’re your kids’ role models? All you can do is control your own behavior and your family’s. Other people can do what they want. It’s not like Miley is actually stripping or anything, it’s not that bad.

pharmacy tech June 5, 2010, 11:53 PM

What a great resource!

DutTalGlall June 16, 2010, 6:53 PM

Hello guys,

My name is Mark and I am from Stirling in the United Kingdom. I have the other day discovered this forum and I like it very much.
I am a little bit shy so I will not write much about me but maybe when I will get confortable, you guys will get to know me better!
My main hobbies are playing piano and watching movies. I also like outdoor activites but the temperature has been bad for the last weeks or so here in Stirling in the city|.

I was wondering if someone else here is from the united Kingdom too?

I am glad to have joined this forum!
Cya!

Mark

PS: I apologize if this was posted in the wrong section. I could not find the right one!

synne nilssen June 21, 2010, 11:53 AM

hello! my name is synne!i am 10 years old and living in norway. am big fan of you! that is cool at you are friend widd ashely tisdale!! big huggs from synne

Andrea June 27, 2010, 2:50 AM

I can’t stand these people who support her and defend her!

Look, it would be okay for her to do whatever she wants if she was not from disney OR Hannah Montanna… They are KIDS! They follow whatever is on the telly! I used to think Lizzie McGuire was cool!
And trust me there are probably more hardcore tween fans of Miley. Its not their choice or not, They don’t even have the judgement. They will follow, whether their parents ban them or not.
Also the fact that she became popular BECAUSE OF THEM.

Now she has become trashy and what not. Truthfully SHE CANT DO WHAT SHE PLEASES JUST YET.
The very moment she signed the Disney contract she was accepting to become a teen star and role model. If she couldn’t take on that and needed to “be herself”, Then she should not have acted in Disney. AND FIND HER OWN WAY TO BE POPULAR. She just stepped on all those girls who supported her. Now she wants to be a serious artiste, “doing whatever she wants”. Which I then agree with this parent, wait until your show is off Disney. Then you are somewhat not a role model.

Basically, she chose to be a roll model and completely turned on what she should be. And I’m not even talking about how she sings through her nose.

I’m not jealous of this irresponsible Miley Cyrus. I don’t want to be her. Even If I were her, I would spare a thought to my younger fans. Ugh, no way would I want to be her -shudder/vomit-

Its like you sold jelly beans to kids and after you got famous you shove cocaine into them “cuz you like it”, “cuz its cool” and “I’m not a small business anymore kiddies”.

cheapviagra8636 August 30, 2010, 4:16 AM
cheapviagra3319 August 30, 2010, 7:10 AM
Vista Screensavers October 18, 2010, 11:56 AM

@Markus I get your drift on where you were going there. I often think of my past and use it as a means to analyze where I am and where I want to get to. Where I struggel is balancing it all out. How do you guys balance things out?

lose weight fast November 1, 2010, 4:43 AM

Thank you! Your words and insight on this situation are brilliant! Unfortunately, too many people are branding him a hero…

miley cyrus lyrics stay November 17, 2010, 12:47 PM