Some Women Could Care Less if They Get Pregnant

As to that age-old question, "Should I have kids?" -- some women simply don't care.

American women have strong opinions about myriad important issues: Regular Coke or Diet Coke? Toilet paper over or under? You'd think every woman would also have a steely resolve when it comes down to whether or not she should become a mom.

Baby Decision

Not so, says a new study. Apparently, there are plenty of women don't give a fig whether they get pregnant or not. The research (which was conducted by Julia McQuillan, professor of sociology at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln) concluded that 25 percent of women are "OK either way." What?! No loudly ticking biological clock? No vow to "Just Say No" to motherhood -- forever? Just a group of women who shrug their shoulders about the whole procreation thing and say, "Whatever"?

How did you feel about getting pregnant?

next: Why Public School Doesn't Suck
Again? May 10, 2010, 8:01 AM

This is the second article I’ve seen with this mistake in the title. It’s, “Couldn’t Care Less…” If you COULD care less, then you care [about having or not having a baby].

Secret Mommy May 10, 2010, 8:15 AM

I think results of this survey might largely depend on the age of the respondents. At least in my case, my answer would have changed many times depending on if you’d asked me in my mid-20’s, late 20’s, early 30’s or mid-30’s. (When I finally decided I HAD to have children it was nearly too late!) LOL.

CrazyMamaOfFive May 10, 2010, 9:00 AM

Being a mother was something VERY important to me. I couldn’t imagine not having children

ColleenG118 May 10, 2010, 2:57 PM

I agree with Secret Mommy, I think it depends on your age. Women of different ages will give different answers.

Jenna May 11, 2010, 6:17 PM

You forgot a choice on that little quiz……

E)Not interested in reproducing.

That was my choice at age 22 and in the intervening 20 years I’ve not changed my mind. Kids are great as long as I am not responsible for them.

tabletki na pryszcze April 3, 2011, 7:34 AM

It’s good too read your website again dude, i see some interesting updates here…