Candy Spelling: 'I'm Spending Mother's Day with Tori and the Grandkids'

Guest blogger Candy Spelling: I don't have the historical perspective or facts to explain what happened in the past, or how we got to the happy ending we've reached now. Families have strange dynamics, and perceptions really get out of whack when interactions are put under the press microscope.

Tori and Candy Spelling

But for all those who have sent such good wishes and high hopes -- and for those of you who have been critical, too -- I am pleased to report that this Mother's Day should be one of the best ever for me.

That's because my son, Randy (and his fiancée, Leah), Tori, Dean, Liam, Stella and I all have a very special date on Mother's Day to celebrate together this Sunday.

We're going somewhere where the paparazzi aren't allowed. We're not going to talk about show business or blogs or television shows. I can guarantee there won't be any references to "rifts," "feuds" or "separations."

I'm pretty sure that all five adults will be trying to keep up with Liam and Stella, and that the kids (now 3 and almost 2) will say "Happy Mother's Day" without knowing what it means. That's fine. Those three words to a mother or grandmother are as good as "I love you" are to a young bride.

I'm also fairly confident there will be platters of food, lots of sharing and sampling, many laughs, an abundance of happy memories and plans for the future.

I like fairy tales and happy endings, and that's how I'm anticipating the Spelling family Mother's Day this weekend.

I'm looking forward, not back, and my wish is that other families will be able to have a happy day like the celebration Randy, Leah, Tori, Dean, Liam, Stella and I are expecting.

Happy Mother's Day.

next: Happy Mother's Day from a Three-Year-Old Mom!
Anonymous May 7, 2010, 9:21 AM

Glad they made up. I’d love to be at the next table and get the real story.

Isabel May 7, 2010, 9:53 AM

Happy for her that she gets to be with her grandchilrdren.

Jessica May 7, 2010, 9:53 AM

I love happy endings!

Lisa May 7, 2010, 9:59 AM

Now will the paparazzi try to find them? I’d like to see pictures.

Deidre May 7, 2010, 12:28 PM

Lisa, you’d love to see pictures of their personal family day together? You really should give them their privacy. She did say they won’t be talking business, blogs, tv shows; this is a personal family affair and we all should leave it that way and let them be.

Anonymous May 7, 2010, 1:25 PM

I am so happy for Candy and Tori Spelling, this is wonderful, the two of them look wonderful together and so happy, I never realized how much like Candy, Tori looks, no wonder Tori is so beautiful and I think since she’s become a Mom, she’s even more beautiful.
Sometimes the hardest relationships are between mother and daughter and with just a little work and a lot of love.

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY TO CANDY AND TORI AND MANY, MANY, MANY MORE WONDERFUL DAYS AND TIMES TOGETHER.

Nunya May 7, 2010, 4:44 PM

Seriously people, WAKE UP!!! If she didn’t want the attention or press she wouldn’t have put this on the internet! She would have kept her mouth shut and not announced to the world she was going to finally spend time with Tori & the family and just DO IT!! If you don’t want people harassing you or talking crap…KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT!

Jill May 10, 2010, 8:11 AM

You know what’s funny, Candy? You say you’ll go somewhere without the paps following you and you choose the Four Seasons??? There’s pictures of this outing all over the web. Such a PR stunt!

cna training May 12, 2010, 12:38 AM

Keep posting stuff like this i really like it

ingrid May 18, 2010, 11:03 PM

i just loved the true hollywood story of tori and dean’s life. They’re such a great couple! Love them, love tori! And im so happy they finally made up with her mum.