10 Things I Love About My Teen

Diana Landen: Teenagers are supposed to be awful. Like werewolves, they transform overnight into hairy monsters. They hate you, they defy you, they make your life miserable.

boy holding football

Oddly, I am enjoying having a teenager so far. Sure, there are problems with missing homework, he calls me a hypocrite and I doubt he tells me everything. But there are also plenty of things to love about my teen.

1) He fixed the kitchen cabinet. I was whining one day about my husband's failed attempt to fix the door. My son looked at it, took it off its hinges, put it in a vise and glued it together properly.

2) At lunch, he tells me what's wrong with math education in America.
He is passionate about the problems in our schools, from spending too much on fancy gadgets to making math boring.

3) He does laundry, takes out the trash and mows the lawn. In a pinch, he'll throw together burritos for dinner while I run around picking people up.

4) At dinner, he complains about how the American press isn't covering the attacks on Uzbeks in KyrgyzstanHe's been listening to podcasts from the BBC and thinks someone should do something already.

5) He invented his own version of stir-fried noodles.
His little sister loves them, so he makes her lunch, too.

6) He debates us about morality -- is it relative, or not?
How do you justify the need for morals? What can you prove about morality? He questions everything, but he wants to know what we think.

7) He babysits! We don't need to find someone when we go off on a date anymore. This is more precious than rubies.

8) He designed and built a motorized balsa-wood boat for his father to play with. I am trying not to act too jealous.

9) He follows his gym teacher's advice about taking care of his body. He avoids French fries and candy. He no longer resists showering.

10) He enjoys hiking with us. I doubt he'd want his friends to know it, but he still wants to talk to us, watch movies together, even play games as a family.

What are some reasons you love YOUR teen?

next: 15 Buzzworthy Coffee Mugs
wqsd June 25, 2010, 7:35 AM

Do you want to experience interracial dating? I met my black guy on
{——-W W W. Interracial Searching C -O- M})

It is an interracial dating site for sexy singles of all races. You may have a try..

for black and white peolple

unknown mom June 25, 2010, 8:45 AM

I too love my teen for many reasons. She is starting to develop her own passions and her own desires. She is a fantastic artist and tattooist. (yes she is 14 and gives tattoo’s) She is passionate about this and very good as well. (Before someone jumps all over me about the tattoo thing, She is smart. She knows it is not wise to get a tattoo until your body has finished growing so she does not have any tattoos of her own.)However, I do want to say that life with a teenager is not always a bed of roses. She can be so emotional sometimes and so dramatic as well. But honestly those moments are moments I love as well.

Millie June 25, 2010, 9:31 AM

I absolutely love this article! Thank you for writing it. I, too, adore my teenaged son. Having a teenager is not without it’s challenges but I appreciate all of the things he does for our family! Thanks for reminding me to tell him how much he’s valued.

chris June 25, 2010, 10:04 AM

YEA…I love my 14 yr old son too. Even at times when he is a hand full, I love seeing the “man” that he is turning into! Bonus, he can cook, do his own laundry, babysit his little sister, mow the grass, take out the trash, and help his father with ANY house project. I’m very proud of him!

Fashion Merchandising October 12, 2010, 4:27 PM

Superb write-up, maintain the wonderful work.

Treatment for Hemorrhoid November 27, 2010, 5:43 PM

Useful site. Thank you, I look forward to reading more of your posts.

Jeanelle Fickbohm December 23, 2010, 1:59 PM

Nice information. Thank you, have a good day!

Credit Card December 24, 2010, 4:30 AM

great 1 buddy maintain it coming

Charis Jeska January 24, 2011, 2:48 AM

that is what i’ve been trying to say all this time

cheap mini blinds January 27, 2011, 3:03 PM

Can I link this article from my site? I find myself coming to your web site more and more regularly to the point where my stops here are almost every day now! Thanks again for sharing this up. I unquestionably liked every bit of it.

sample of church program templates March 8, 2011, 12:36 AM

You know that children are growing up when they start asking questions that have answers.

crystal wedding cake toppers March 8, 2011, 2:13 AM

Every great advance in natural knowledge has involved the absolute rejection of authority.

Jere Manlito March 16, 2011, 12:26 PM

humongous account you own

Jordan Fusion 4 March 25, 2011, 1:13 PM

Hi there can I use some of the understanding here in this inlet if I outfit a affiliation back to your site?

Nike Air Max 92 March 26, 2011, 1:42 PM

Say thank you you looking for another staggering article. Where else could anybody pry out that kind of intelligence in such a great practice of writing.

Stephine Caul March 29, 2011, 3:31 PM

You are a very bright person!

Elana Hooser March 30, 2011, 7:36 AM

Very nice article and right to the point. I don’t know if this is in fact the best place to ask but do you guys have any ideea where to hire some professional writers? Thx :)

Ben Eager Jersey March 31, 2011, 2:31 AM

Advantageously, the advise is in fact the sweetest on this merited topic.

Jill R. Brennan March 31, 2011, 4:24 AM

Handy

Bobby Hull Jerseys April 1, 2011, 2:44 AM

I see like I’m constantly looking payment engaging things to deliver assign to there a multifariousness of topics, but I manage to classify your install among my reads every epoch because you organize compelling entries that I look forth to.