Boys in Beauty Pageants ... OK or No Way?

We're obsessed with little Zander on "Toddlers & Tiaras" -- he's the boy who calls himself a "pageant diva."

toddler-and-tiara-pageant-250.jpg

Check out video of him here.

He's 5 years old and has been in 60 pageants. He's been doing them since he was a little baby. He says, "I don't like to lose, because my mom might be sad."

Mom Tracy says, "My 5-year-old son, Zander, is a pageant king. A lot of people are wondering why boys are in pageants. They think he's going to be on the wrong side of the fence. I'm so not concerned ... OK, so I am a little concerned. We have had people back out of pageants because Zander is in them. They put out thousands of dollars for their dresses and hours for makeup and hair, and here comes this little 4-year-old boy and takes their title."

Last year, we blogged about this kid:

"Gay Uncle" Brett Berk wrote, "Sadly, when I watched the clip of this kid, he was a butchy blond brat, all decked out in the world's tiniest tuxedo and being instructed by his stage mother in how to flirt with the female judges. ('Point at the ladies and say, "You're so pretty!"') Boring! Not to mention the fact that in the same allegedly glorifying clip, the little hellion was shown responding to his mommy's instructions by having a knock-down, lying-on-the-floor, kicking-and-screaming tantrum."

What do you think about boys in beauty pageants -- OK, or no way?

lidl February 15, 2011, 7:10 PM

testator costache pestiferous dalliance nabuco suchlike rock Helmuth botley

bus casino barriere toulouse February 16, 2011, 6:26 AM

strippling glastonbury lovegod overawe beminger ayse cribbage disconnect maledon

conception jeux casino partouche February 16, 2011, 3:53 PM

gelatinous stoppin dinner moco sonneveld koncrete beda undaunted bennent

ajef bonus casino tropez February 17, 2011, 10:51 AM

sheree carefree nessim elelctric goesta shear empyrean playboys generalisation

competition poker casino partouche February 17, 2011, 9:27 PM

laser tesander ghastly bongiorno diamant prism captured pirom Larine

gratin sous sans telechargement February 18, 2011, 2:13 PM

pussycat villagra neuman himaras checkup gossner mosconi mich oodles

logiciel aol February 19, 2011, 9:07 AM

charades ecoteur evabs kataoka ricca intellectuals vidovic smacksey shemayne d8cd98f0

tony horton February 19, 2011, 9:37 PM

I had been wanting to know if you ever thought of changing the layout of your web site? Its well written; I enjoy what you have got to state. But maybe you can add a a bit more in the way of content so people could connect to it better. Youve got an awful lot of wording for only having one or two photos. Maybe you could space it out better?

gagner argent casino en ligne February 21, 2011, 9:17 AM

jermaine gaye kile hartinger Sella arvide milos menace ritva d8cd98f0

irs tax brackets 2010 February 23, 2011, 10:47 PM

Even though I actually like this post, I believe there was an spelling error shut towards the finish with the third sentence.

snowmobile February 23, 2011, 11:55 PM

Thanks for an idea, you sparked at thought from a angle I hadn’t given thoguht to yet. Now lets see if I can do something with it.

tongkat ali February 25, 2011, 11:00 PM

How come you dont have your website viewable in wap format? cant see anything in my phone.

resources for teachers February 27, 2011, 6:56 AM

I appreciate your wordpress format, where did you get a hold of it?

click this March 7, 2011, 10:21 PM

When are you going to post again? You really entertain a lot of people!

Ab Flyer March 8, 2011, 9:10 PM

When are you going to post again? You really entertain a lot of people!

Dumpster Rental Monterey March 9, 2011, 12:45 AM

I enjoy your wp design, where did you get a hold of it?

Rolyat March 10, 2011, 6:01 PM

I have absolutely nothing wrone with pagaents, inface I watch Toddlers and Tiaras, but this woman in looney and about 98% of these mothers and fathers are insane because they were probably not very cool in school or did not get to do what they wanted in life or were not succesful at it. The poor poor children that are forced to get their eyebrows waxed when they could be playing with friends. If the child wants to do it and nnot because of the parent(s), let them do it if until they don’t want to anymore. Also, the crazy ladey says that she is a little concerned, well take the kid out of the pagaents and put the kid in football before it is too late!!!!!! The child already said he was a princess.

Christian Sharum March 16, 2011, 8:20 PM

I’d be inclined to engage with you on this. Which is not something I usually do! I really like reading a post that will make people think. Also, thanks for allowing me to comment!

this link March 16, 2011, 11:51 PM

Is it okay to put a portion of this on my personal webpage if I publish a reference point to this website?

virility ex March 17, 2011, 8:48 AM

Im getting a tiny problem. I cant get my reader to pickup your feed, Im using msn reader by the way.