Did Kyron Horman's Stepmother Do It?

Detectives distributed a flier Friday showing Terri Moulton Horman's picture, asking if anyone had seen her at Kyron's school the day of his disappearance. Police also want to hear from anyone who saw Terri Moulton Horman's pickup near Skyline School, according to the Associated Press.

Terri Moulton Horman

The flier distributed Friday reportedly includes two questionnaires: a 10-question form directed at adults, and an eight-question survey for children.

Terri Moulton Horman had previously told authorities that she had last seen Kyron at about 8:45 a.m. on June 4, when she watched him walk toward his classroom.

It has been reported that authorities have extensively searched Sauvie Island, 10 miles northwest of downtown Portland, for the boy. Anonymous police sources allegedly told alternative newspaper Willamette Week that cell phone records show Terri Moulton Horman was on the island June 4.

You'll recall that Terri updated her Facebook page just hours after Kyron's disappearance, saying she was "hitting the gym" -- and that she didn't immediately change her profile picture from one of her biological daughter to one of Kyron.

Do you think she had something to do with the boy's disappearance?

next: First Look at Wizarding World of Harry Potter
Eyes for Lies June 18, 2010, 3:04 PM

Here body language is suggestive that she knows more than she is telling. I write about it here: http://www.eyesforlies.blogspot.com/2010/06/kyron-hormans-father-speaks-out.html

It's about time! June 18, 2010, 8:16 PM

I live on the East Coast. I do not know this family. Without a doubt, I feel like this Step-Mother has harmed this little boy. Her actions aren’t right. When the family “spoke out”, she was putting off that she was upset. If you really zero in on her, she looks totally fake. This woman did something to this boy and she knows where he is. I pray the law puts the screws to her and make her talk!

Ann June 18, 2010, 11:32 PM

Mom logic previously came out with an article stating that they felt sorry for the step mom. I made a counter argument as to why step mom seems guilty-at the very least of being insensitive . Now the pieces of this case are starting to come together and as it turns out step mom’s story has major discrepancies in regards to her activities on the day Kyron went missing. I truly hope kyron is found because someone needs to be held accountable for not taking proper care of kyron.

guest June 19, 2010, 5:03 AM

The step mom was given an opportunity last week to come clean but has chosen not too. Her choices are narrowing now. She should say that she got upset with Kyron and accidently hurt him and then became distraught and could not take him back to school or to Kaine. If she is found guilty then it will be life without parole.

CVT6702 June 19, 2010, 7:06 AM

Is it possible the science project was set up the night before so things would run smoothly in the morning, and could this be when the picture of Kyron was taken with the Project?

I believe Kyron was killed in his bedroom, his body tucked into a closet for a while while she figuured out how to dispose of him then he was wrapped in a white sheet put into a clear plastic storage container with a blue lid and loaded into the back of the truck then she drove a distance and weighed the body down and put it into water.
Hence phone calls made from a distance.
She then returned got on with her day and was quite surprised when Kyron didn’t come home on the bus and she has gotten away with playing the distraut step mom when she wanted Kyron out of her life for quite sometime because he was the apple of his fathers eye and put her own son in the shadows then when she had her own daughter the urge to get rid of the stepson grew stronger until she killed him in a rage anddisposed ofh is body.

CVT6702 June 19, 2010, 7:23 AM

Family members who have been with Terri all these days while they search for the boy and who have observed her behavior need to put understanding pressure onher and perhaps consult a therapist to help with the situation and perhaps Terri will confide in someone like that what happened and why and where the body of the boy can be found.
Don’t be mean to her she may have Postpartum depression as many women have after giving birth to a child.
I think if these tactics are used then she will be happy to give up the secret that is eating away at her and we can see that in the suffering in her face and behavior in the pictures posted on the internet.

Jodie A. June 19, 2010, 10:20 AM

The step-mom, during the interview DID NOT look like she was concerned about her missing step-son Kyron. If you look closely at her facial expression during the interview, it is the face of someone worried about “will they find out about my part in this” look on her face! She carries the clear look of GUILT on her face in my book. AND, considering that she was the last one to see Kyron alive she should be far more emotional because I would feel that had I walked him to his classroom then he would be here a be ok. She did something to Kyron. I’ve felt this way since the second I saw her facial expression on that interview. I’m praying that he is found alive but to be honest, I’m expecting her arrest anytime now. She knew the school would be open to many people that morning and that would take the speculation off her. Wrong! She planned this… period.

glenna  June 19, 2010, 10:44 AM

I just want to say “what if”—-
What if for example, Kyron was taken by someone else who was at the school that morning.
Twelve days were used focusing on him wandering off.
& now, days are trickling by focusing on the step-mother, on maybe very weak evidence.
I just hope they are also spending equal time looking into other options, not just trying to “solve” it —to make themselves look good.
I’m not sure of the time-line RE: When it was the step-mother was supposed to be “hitting the gym” —but if it was during the school-day, before anyone realized Kyron was missing, —she might not be the first person to post “hitting the gym” (or whatever—) then lose her resolve (about going to the gym—) I myself have left the house, GOT to the gym & couldn’t face “just doing it” —& have gone to a park for just quiet time to think.
I don’t like the step-mother being tried & found guilty in the court of public opinion.

CB June 19, 2010, 11:40 AM

I think that the fault lies with the school. How can a boys lunch and back pack sit unnoticed when he is not there. The case was kept so close to the vest that the media could not get involved. I hope the authorities have this all figured out as if it goes cold they may not be portrayed in the best light. I would not be surprised if he went after a frog and hurt himself somewhere near and could not see since he wears glasses. God bless all the searchers and all those who are working to solve the case of this beautiful little boy.

guest June 19, 2010, 3:03 PM

It was reported (not verified) last week that two teachers saw her leave with Kyron that is why they did only a minimal check around the school, said that there was no need to do an Amber Alert, said we hope to close the case by the end of the week, focused on witnesses and people’s video of the science project. It is my opinion that Teri created too small of window of opportunity between 8:45 and 9:00 when the teacher noticed he was gone. The friend reporting that the teacher is new and hard of hearing seems like a last ditch attempt. The police are going to be squeezing her alibi’s tighter and tighter and it will be only time that she has to confess. I wish for the best but I’m a realist. She should say she did it by accident because the longer she holds the truth in the more jail time she will see. 2nd degree is much better than 1st degree without a chance for parole.

Terrance June 19, 2010, 4:50 PM

Evolution has made us “assumers,” and “pattern seekers” by nature, so to me it looks very much like the Stepmother is responsible, or at least complicit.

However, the police also suspect her, and my trust in their work strengthens my suspicion. Although police like to assuage the media by saying “we have no suspect,” they couldn’t have accessed her phone records without a warrant, and they wouldn’t be re-working her story so hard and publicly unless they “suspected” her.

I wonder if the news-blackout is related to the fact that Kyron’s Stepfather is a detective in Oregon (Medford).

damis101 June 21, 2010, 12:16 PM

The picture of the stepmom is beginning to look less than flattering. Now it comes out that she got a DUI for driving with her (then)11 yr old son with a .15 blood alcohol level! So it’s clear she has (at least the tendency is there) a propensity to get drunk while in the care of children. This is not a good thing. Add to that possible post-partum depression issue and it could get deadly for the children in her care. Also, perhaps she realized she was not safe to be around since she sent her older (biological) son to live with her parents and adoptive father in March of this year. I agree with the other poster here who said that she doesn’t look upset for Kyron—she looks guilty! Notice the flat expression on her face as she hangs on the bio-mom? Some have called this “the thousand mile stare”. She’s probably mentally somewhere between delusional and in a waking dream-state at this point.

H June 21, 2010, 4:25 PM

I have sensed it was the stepmom being responsible since the get go. I read that she signed some sort of release saying she was taking Kyron to the doctor on Friday. Her picture looks less than sincere. I live near Sauvie Island and frequent the area. I have seen the search and rescue out there so there must have been a tip like one poster mentioned that she was seen out on Sauvie Island the day of the disappearance. The flood gates were open from the Columbia river and everything is flooded so if she had any knowledge of this and disposed of the body its unlikely they will ever find the body.

Nicole June 22, 2010, 3:27 AM

I have been following this story closely and I agree that the stepmother definitely seems guilty. The whole thing makes me sick, I can’t stop wondering what has happened to this innocent little boy.

I know one thing, if something like this ever happened to anyone in my family or anyone close to me, I don’t care who it was, if someone’s child went missing, someone was hurt, you better believe family or not I would be asking questions and doing everything in my power to find out the truth. I hope the family doesn’t have their blinders on with Terri and are looking into her as well. She was the last person to see the little guy so that’s how it should be. If she’s innocent she should be doing everything in her power to prove that and find him and in my opinion she just doesn’t seem to be. I sure wouldn’t be playing on facebook. I’d be combing every inch of that town and each town near it for my son. Biological or not. I will never understand how someone can hurt an innocent child.

MARYANN June 22, 2010, 4:33 AM

what’s the truth here ?? he was seen at school ? only his lunch was at school? if it’s depression ??? don’t harm those babies , do yourself in and leave other ppl alone !!!!!!

Jan June 22, 2010, 4:52 AM

I just hope they find the child alive. But her going to the gym, come on.

Cheryl June 22, 2010, 6:24 AM

I do not believe he is alive by any means. This is why I do not let my daughter walk to school and do not drive away until she is in the door.

momoftwo June 22, 2010, 7:15 AM

Normally, I would think that the parent had something to do with it. It was suspcious that they would not ask for the return of the boy. But how could she raise him from an infant and then do that? He looked happy and healthy and I think we need to wait to see what happens before we judge her prematurely.

Madelane June 22, 2010, 7:55 AM

Whatever happened to “Innocent until proven Guilty”. You all have judged her and have found her guilty before the police have her arrested. Maybe she did, but also it could have been the family ‘friend’ or the person down the street. People should wait and not judge, I believe thats for the court to decide. And to have written this article was in very bad taste! Not coming back here to this site!!!

Carolyn June 22, 2010, 8:46 AM

I agree with Madeline. We as people always judge and want to voice their opinion. How can any of you voice absolutely anything when you have never experienced anything this woman is going through. Grant it even if it was true, where are the real people of God that would just simply say a prayer and let him bring judgement. We don’t have no heaven or hell to put anyone in. So let’s pray that the Lord will do what’s best.