Did Kyron Horman's Stepmother Do It?

Detectives distributed a flier Friday showing Terri Moulton Horman's picture, asking if anyone had seen her at Kyron's school the day of his disappearance. Police also want to hear from anyone who saw Terri Moulton Horman's pickup near Skyline School, according to the Associated Press.

Terri Moulton Horman

The flier distributed Friday reportedly includes two questionnaires: a 10-question form directed at adults, and an eight-question survey for children.

Terri Moulton Horman had previously told authorities that she had last seen Kyron at about 8:45 a.m. on June 4, when she watched him walk toward his classroom.

It has been reported that authorities have extensively searched Sauvie Island, 10 miles northwest of downtown Portland, for the boy. Anonymous police sources allegedly told alternative newspaper Willamette Week that cell phone records show Terri Moulton Horman was on the island June 4.

You'll recall that Terri updated her Facebook pagejust hours after Kyron's disappearance, saying she was "hitting the gym" -- and that she didn't immediately change her profile picture from one of her biological daughter to one of Kyron.

Do you think she had something to do with the boy's disappearance?

next: First Look at Wizarding World of Harry Potter
Sandy June 22, 2010, 9:12 AM

My goodness…we are convicting the step mom of murder and we don’t have a single detail. Every person shows their grief/emotions differently. Let’s all hope that the family had nothing to do with the disappearnce of Kyron.

m'smom June 22, 2010, 11:55 AM

From the very beginning, I’ve thought this case was handled in a VERY strange way. With most stranger abductions the police want the family making statements in an attempt to humanize the child to the abductor. If my child was missing I would be at a microphone, every microphone in the hopes my child could here me. I believe that the strange silence in this case MUST be b/c the biomom has been advised how to operate. I believe she probably had direction in writing that letter. I PRAY Kyron isn’t with some pedophile. But after watching the press conference, it looked to me like mom was CRYING and doing everything she could to control her emotions and Stepmom was NOT CRYING and when she hugged biomom it was not reciprocated. I am not ready to criticize the school b/c there has been so little concrete info given about the cirumstances involving the marking of Kyron absent. I don’t believe Kyron is alive. Wherever his body is, I PRAY that he is found soon. I don’t know if it’s worse to imagine the myraid of atrocities that could be perpetrated on a 7 year old or to know that he is dead. It just really bothers me to think that Kyron may have been thrown away like trash.

Jo-Ann June 22, 2010, 2:47 PM

people should not judge others,we dont know what happen,they said he was seen in school,so why isent the school being question,how did this child just walk out the door,its a little strange to me that she isent more upset, i have raised stepchildren and have children of my own and to me there all the same and i would be upset if any of them were missing,cause to me all my children

H June 22, 2010, 7:51 PM

Latest news Early Show CBS

(CBS) The search for a missing Oregon boy has now entered its third week, and investigators are focusing on the movements of 7-year-old Kyron Horman’s stepmother.

CBS News National Correspondent Hattie Kauffman reported on “The Early Show” Monday and has the latest details in the case.

As authorities continue an exhaustive search around Portland, they are also looking for clues close to home, asking whether anyone saw Kyron’s stepmother Terri Horman at Skyline Elementary the day he vanished.

Multnomah County Sheriff Capt. Jason Gates told reporters Terri Horman is the last known person to have seen Kyron before he disappeared.

Terri says she snapped a picture of Kyron on June 4 at the school science fair, and left him before his first class. New fliers ask parents and students whether they spotted her Ford F250 truck that day.

Laurie Levenson, a former federal prosecutor, told CBS News, “We don’t really have any hard evidence yet that she is responsible for the boy going missing, but all of the investigation seems to be keying in on her.”

Investigators have reportedly reviewed Terri Horman’s cell phone records and given her a second polygraph exam.

Levenson said, “This investigation has gone beyond a missing boy investigation to a real criminal investigation. It seems to suggest that they know nothing good has happened to this young

Maijken from Oregon June 22, 2010, 8:47 PM

I’ve been saying it was her all along.

wig4usc June 22, 2010, 9:11 PM

So many sickening comments here which is so discouraging. I hope those of you ready to judge this woman by a picture, or her behavior at a press conference don’t find yourself judged in a similar manner. If you’re going to make assumptions, at least have the decency to base it on evidence and facts, not your humble opinion of what a person looks like when they’re guilty. God help our judicial system if any of you are on a jury! Sickening.

msmom June 23, 2010, 6:36 AM

I’m not making judgments, I’m making observations. If and when this case makes it to a jury, that’s exactly what a jury will do, they will determine the credibility of the evidence (often witnesses) by observing their testimony. I am really concerned about Kyron and since there has been so little concrete info shared by LE, I’ve been forming my opinions based on what I see. I don’t believe you can form an opinion based on “facts” stated by commentors on websites. I hope that Terri Horman didn’t do it, but obviously she must be considered as a possbility as she was likley one of the last people that saw him. I’m not condemning her, I’m considering her.

Nicole June 23, 2010, 7:57 AM

@wig4usc….God Help our judicial system if you are on a Jury!

A little boy is missing, she was the last to see him, it’s expected. Take your blinders off. Everyone should be pointing fingers at her, and investigating her, it’s the only logical thing right now. If she is innocent then time will tell and she should be doing everything in her power to prove that and find this little guy. It’s all about him and finding him, and that’s what everyone is trying to do.

H June 23, 2010, 9:19 AM

regarding wig4usc comment
Wondering if this person is a friend of the family. As I had mentioned in previous postings cell phone records of the stepmom were traced to Sauvie Island. The truck she was driving has been towed by the authorities. This is why the search and rescue were out on Sauvie Island. If Kryon was taken out there the flood gates were opened from the Columbia River and beaches are now flooded which would make it nearly impossible to find a body. The stepmom has denied being on the Island. My only concern is that the police make no mistakes with their investigation and when they finally make an arrest it sticks.

Stepmom2 June 23, 2010, 11:55 AM

(First, just because she is a stepmom doesn’t make her guilty. I’m a stepmom and we are not ALL evil- don’t let one bad apple spoil the bunch.) But this is a case of a crazy deranged woman who may have hurt a child and for that, if found guilty, she should be punished accordingly! I definitely agree with other posters on that part!

Rita June 23, 2010, 4:47 PM

May be the stepmom AND dad are in on it. Dad kills boy accidentally and stepmom disposes of the body. I’ve read the ‘eyes for lies’ article..and I believe the author of the blog is spot on . Both have questionable body language….read the blog and watch the clip…. you will see.

Angela June 25, 2010, 6:44 AM

Posted by “guest” above: “She should say it was an accident…she can get less time on a 2nd degree charge.” WHAT?!? You sound like a crooked defense attorney! If she killed Kyron in premeditated cold blood (evidenced by telling teacher Kyron had a dr appt that day) why should she get anything less than life without parole, preferably the death penalty? People love to make excuses in order to avoid punishment, don’t they? I say let Terri feel the heavy hand of justice come down upon her, and may she be just as terrified as little Kyron must have been when he looked into they eyes of his (step) mother and realized she was killing him. WHY MOMMY, WHY…..???????????

H June 25, 2010, 4:18 PM

Did anyone watch the interview with the biological mom and father? No stepmom was there? Really odd interview.

Kristina June 26, 2010, 9:57 AM

I live just down the street from the Skyline school where Kyron was last seen and drive the road that have been searching. Its very heart renching to think of what that little boy went through and I believe that his Stepmother is the person that is responsiable for his disapperance she has to many signs pointing at her and not to mention the cold, unconcerned look on her face. I dont think we can say that this is anything to do with post pardom there is no exuses for this. I wish she would just come clean and tell them what she did with him and let him be brought back to his family so he can rest in peace. Bless that babies heart. And damn hers.

pmartin June 26, 2010, 5:40 PM

Something doesn’t sound right with the step mom.

very concerned June 28, 2010, 5:46 PM

Being aware of child snatching through the courts in Clatsop Co & NW OR, SW WA; with step-moms who father another child with the limp, perhaps unaware-to-the-true-plot dad, I found an article on organized child snatching by pamela gaston
www.avoiceforchildren.com. It may be of interest as there are so many similar stories.

“In l993 Good Housekeeping did an article called STOLEN BABIES that said Oregon and ten other states were known at that time to be involved in black market child selling, at that time a white child worth 65,000, a minority child $45,000. the research showed.

The article stated that this was so common that Oregon was known to operate “AIRPORT ADOPTIONS”, giving it a name so many children have been stolen and sold, raped, murdered, their cases LIKE OURS HAS PROVEN totally silenced in the media and the perpertrators and their child flesh selling market continues on ….”

And, I agree Terri Moulton Horman LOOKS like she definitely knows more than she is saying….but, she sure doesn’t want to look directly at the camera…maybe afraid too many others will recognize her. Yet, she does seem to show a bit of a confidence…like, she knows the boy will not be found. Can he be out of the country? Since it seems she was on Sauvie Island… a boat could have been involved.

There are so many odd things children have said that involve many more than one person involved in their abduction and abuse. I think looking at how children are used in organized ritual type abuse and events and holidays may be worth looking into. I hope others will find this article and see what they think.

Tanya June 29, 2010, 11:27 PM

My heart goes out to the family…Today finding out about the divorce and restraining order. Things just must be unbearable. For the little girl, to loose her brother, and now for her parents to split and to have to move somewhere else, she must really be confused, but at least she is young enough to not remember this. Poor Kaine, his son is gone, his marriage is gone, and his world has to be spinning out of control. My prayers go out to the family. I so pray for closure for this family soon. I wish Kyron would be found safe somewhere…but if that’s not an option, I pray his little body be found so that the rest of the family can find justice and peace.

H June 30, 2010, 9:28 AM

Well as I posted before those who have stuck up for the stepmom should eat their words. There was a 911 call on Saturday. Who knows maybe she confessed to her husband what she did. Yes, I believe water on Sauvie Island could be involved where Kyron could be at. I was out there this past weekend and although the water is still high it is now starting to recede. Now a psychic has come in and will be out at Sauvie Island. He has been involved in finding other children. It was mentioned that he is also frustrated at law enforcement. I personally do not have anything positive to say about the police force in the Portland area. Hopefully their crime experts in solving crime are better than their followup for burglaries and other matters.

Shanira July 6, 2010, 1:45 PM

I belive she knows were Kyron is bescause when a bell rings all the school hallways are full with kids and parents dropping their kids and no one knows or saw anything. She says she saw him walking towards his classroom if she saw him someone else might saw him but no one did. I think she even took that picture so that everyone could say that he was with her at that time snd that he was happy. she is faking and lying!!! Terri please tell everything you know so this poor little angel could come home safe if it isnt to late!!!

Frederic Cancio January 13, 2011, 10:44 AM

I’d be inclined to play ball with you here. Which is not something I usually do! I love reading a post that will make people think. Also, thanks for allowing me to speak my mind!