Father's Day Gift Guide for Deadbeat Dads

Momlogic's Momstrosity: It's that time of year again, and we moms are scratching our heads trying to find the perfect Father's Day gift. All over the Internet, you can find gift guides for every type of pop: sporty, geeky and griller. But what about the dads who have skirted all their financial and emotional obligations to their offspring? Hey, don't they deserve something, too?! I think so. Check out some gifts that are perfect for d-bag, deadbeat dads.

Father's Day Gift Guide for Deadbeat Dads

It's the Economy, Stupid

Why hasn't been able to make his child support payments maybe it's because he's A) A no good lazy bastard, or B) He has trouble managing his fiances. Or both! "Personal Finances for Dummies" is a great gift... and it that doesn't work, send him a copy of "Getting Your Wages Garnished for Dummies."

Cost: $15.00

World's Greatest Loser

Deadbeat dads might not be paying up but there are plenty of entrepreneurs willing to cash in on their pathetic parenting. Zazzle features an entire page just for deadbeat dads including mugs, t-shirts and even ties. Perfect for court appearances!

Cost: $25 - $55

Snip! Snip!

So he'll never ever be able to disappoint any other children-- give him the gift that keeps on giving... or more accurately, STOPS giving. A gift certificate for a vasectomy is pricey but worth every penny.

Cost: $350-$1000

Keep Your Enemies Close...Keep Your Ex Closer

This one is fun! A GPS isn't the kind of gift you want to tell Dad about... nah, just surprise him! Tracking devises are so small they easily be hidden in cars and clothing.

He'll figure it out when he tries to cross state lines and is served in his seedy motel room by YOU! Happy Father's Day indeed.

Cost: $200 and up

Well Deserved Zilch

What do you get for the guy who once had everything and now has nothing? NOTHING.

Cost: Free

A Good Look at Himself

Facing up to ones 'dad failings' can be painful.Whether he refuses to spend time with the kids or doesn't follow through on his child-support, he needs give himself a good hard look in the mirror.What do you see? WE see a dude who needs to 'man up."

Cost: $6.99

next: Urban Outfitters Sells Pro-Anorexia T-Shirt?
Tammy June 8, 2010, 6:20 AM

I don’t recall seeing the deadbeat mother mother’s day gift list. My husband has beed raising his son since his mother walked out on him when he was an infant. Now 12 years later she want’s him back.The law has favored mothers too long, and that must change. I have been raising this boy for the past 6 years, and now we must fight her for custody. She has not contributed 1 dime on support, yet rushed to file papers hours after snatching him from us.This artical may have been in fun, but remember it is not just fathers. My husband also has a daughter with a former wife, she demands money constantly, we pay child support yet have not seen the chil in 4 years because the mother holds the kid out like a piece of meat. Believe me, men ALWAYS lose in custody issues.

Lyn June 8, 2010, 7:13 AM

I agree with Tammy. I realize that bad fathers give GOOD fathers a bad name, but there are some GOOD ones out there. There are also some horrible moms!!! Article: Cute, but not so cute!!

Sandre June 8, 2010, 8:01 AM

Wow, really? Seriously? No wonder you’re divorced. Way to positively parent. Sheesh.

Tony June 8, 2010, 8:24 AM

Any man who makes a mistake ( Baby ) should pay child support ( With In Reason ) and any other cost for the child.
BUT it should not be a money making
racket for the mother. A woman goes half on making the kid let her pay her half to support it.

Manuela H June 8, 2010, 9:37 AM

Interesting but most likely the shirt would violate any number of court orders that include either parent to allow/endorse negative comments about the other parent (regardless of the circumstances). I’m disappointed the MomLogic thought this item was appropriate to give space to.

Manuela H June 8, 2010, 9:45 AM

Tony: Just to let you know - the custodial parent usually does provide over half the support for the child. If the child has a roof over his/her head (heated in the winter) and warm water for a bath, clothing on body, and full belly it’s consistantly more than 17% of the adjusted gross income of the non-custodial parent. I’m not sure if you are aware of it - but the custodial parent TENDS to be the parent who’s income level is closer to the poverty level.

Amber June 8, 2010, 1:49 PM

Lady’s Please,we all have the right to our opinions be it good or bad, and sadly we have alot of single parents out here.The fact is mothers are usually the ones with the children, either way without a mom or dad the children do suffer(sum). I am a single mom of five children, and I try not to dwell on the negatives and encourage my children to be positive, and responsable, loving, compassionate, and understanding. To forgive, not nessesarily to forget and strive to be the best you can be and not to learn from your experiences and others mistakes. God Bless.

Tom June 8, 2010, 3:49 PM

What a hateful article and so onesided to,I am a single noncustodial parent who through no choice of my own was forced to leave our home and my children and ordered to pay child support which i do. Yes she cheated on me more than once i filed and won a divorce if you can say i won, Now i get to see my children every other weekend and miss out on so much of their lives all because of the y factor. Women wanted equal rights but not when it comes down to child custody most men are just as good a parent as any female.

Jessica June 8, 2010, 5:15 PM

This is completely disgraceful. My husband is one of the greatest dad’s I know. He makes time for his children, pays for everything, even when their are with their mom. If it wasn’t for him, she wouldn’t be able to put a roof over their heads and she would probably condone her children buying something like that even though it’s teh furthest from the truth. I think they should have thought twice before putting something like that out there

Robert June 8, 2010, 5:52 PM

Agree with the above comments. Too often mommy blogs or “parenting” magazines take the easy “aren’t the dads stupid?” route. Might have been acceptable 30 or 40 years ago. Now it’s simply misandrist and sloppy.
Sure there are deadbeat dads, but as everyone pointed out, plenty of great divorced and non-custodial dads, and plenty of “deadbeat” moms. Besides, there often multiple sides to each story - she might say “deadbeat” where he sees “psycho.”
Leave the snarky anti-dad humor to BroBible or Cracked.

searching for truth June 8, 2010, 7:26 PM

This wasn’t even remotely humorous.It sounds like something out of the beginning of the feminist era.A woman sets out to get pregnant to keep a man but only she gets to decide abortion or keep.She loses her job there’s welfare & she doesn’t have to pay it back.Man loses his child support builds with interest.In some states like Ohio until paid.Yet the woman can deny all contact in contempt of court & unless the man can afford a lawyer there’s nothing he can do.But if he doesn’t pay he can be tossed in jail.I grew up with a mother that played me against my dad for money and/or revenge.Married a man that really was a deadbeat (though he supposedly wanted a kid more than me), then married a good man whose life was shattered by a wife living in his home, with his kids while he was in the service.She’s denied every contact,everytime he tells her he can’t afford to help her buy a new car or won’t sign so she can change their last name to her’s she & every other little reason she sicks Ohio Child Support on him.In 2000 by Ohio’s own records we owed nothing.Then a year later we owe over $11,000.The youngest had been grown since 1996.Every year they take his tax refund he wouldn’t even get if not for our disabled son & his first two are in their mid 30s with kids of their own.Women that write articles like this make me hate being a woman.They are so clueless to the damage they do.I have a son that loves & wants to have children but is afraid to because of what that witch that my husband was married to did.He always wanted a big brother but never had a chance thanks to her.He is afraid he’d marry someone who would take his child away if he didn’t do everything she wanted so he stays away from serious relationships.He’s still a virgin by choice.The best example I’ve ever seen is if it isn’t right to say something about one gender,then it’s not right to say it about the other.Shame on you momlogic for giving gender bigotry a forum.

quesadilla June 9, 2010, 12:19 AM

Even as lousy as dads can be, mothers can do even MORE damage by simply not being there for their kids…Mothers very often do horrible things to their kids by omission! Ignoring your child, not encouraging his or her independence (a big one!), discouraging friendships, not standing up for him or her, and not protecting him or her from an abusive family member…are ALL very damning ways that mothers RUIN their children’s lives, and even usher in an end to them by the child’s own hand (aka: suicide). Get the picture? Stop being such ego-centric, sexist pigs!

Melissa June 10, 2010, 11:05 AM

Wow, the claws are out in here… Geez, I thought this article was funny. I understand that there are a lot of great fathers out there. But truth be told, there are a lot more deadbeats. Read your newspaper and see all of the court appointed arrests for dads not paying support! Although, there are some mothers in there also. My father was and is a deadbeat. Wasn’t ready for a child so he up and left my mother. They got divorced and he got married again, but this time he stayed with the women after they had a child. My mother never saw any child support, I never got a birthday card. It broke my heart! His “other” family was more important than me. When I got older and had a child of my own I contacted him to give him a chance to be in my life as well as my child’s. He made it sound like it was my mother’s fault and he claimed he always thought about me. I felt bad for him and gave him a chance to meet me at my home for dinner. Just like my mother said, he kept making excuses as to why he couldn’t come. Time after time I rescheduled and got the same BS story. I learned my lesson the hard way, some guys just aren’t worth the air that they breathe!

brittany June 13, 2010, 9:28 AM

OMG I love this idea it is soooo perfect I want the dead beat dad tee shirt that says I (broken heart)my dead beat dad I want that!!!!

Jack@Random Thoughts June 14, 2010, 10:07 AM

You forgot to make the gold digging mommy list. Only fair right. ;)

Jim June 14, 2010, 10:19 AM

Stupid article. I wasn’t offended. It just wasn’t funny or clever.

Richard Carmichael June 15, 2010, 4:47 AM

Love him, hate him, awesome and inspiring or DeadBeat Dad, agree or disagree, your Dad is a one of a kind for sure.

Love your Dad? Despise him? Wish you knew him?

Can’t relate to him?

Have something to say but can’t because he is gone?

This month, we wonder if you might be interested in sharing a story on a special Father’s Day edition at HeadsUpDad?

Here’s your chance to have your say just in time for Father’s Day!

Elisssa  June 18, 2010, 6:31 PM

Why do people get so offended????

There ARE tons of deadbeat dads
There ARE tons of deadbeat moms

and NO, fathers do NOT always lose custody cases.

IF anyone has been to court recently, most states are considering it “sexist” to say the baby needs to be with her mother.

reality of it all is…..this article probably applies to more people than we care to think about.

sad and true.

tracy September 4, 2010, 11:53 PM

i had 17years of marraige & 7 babies,2 didnt make it,5 did,for the last 7years ive recieved no money in child support,he left australia for new zealand,got a new gf who has 2kids & still refuses 2 look after his own,but takes the new family on holidays.

Tracey September 9, 2010, 8:14 AM

Some of you guys need to seriously lighten up…don’t take everything personally. There’s a million different scenarios, but believe it or not, some of us are genuinely living the stereotypical, dole-bludging, non-supporting, video-game-playing, drug-smoking dropkick reality! They DO exist, and I reckon we deserve a laugh just like everybody else. A off-beat joke on what is an unfortunate reality for SOME of us shouldn’t offend every other parent out there. Empathy and humour before negativity and judgement yeah…? =) I’ll place an order for sure! Peace…