Fifth Grade YouTube Sensation: The Next Greyson Chance?

Dalton Joseph Letorney, age 11, performs the Journey song "Don't Stop Believin'" -- and has become a YouTube sensation.

Is he the next Justin Bieber or Greyson Chance?

next: Jonah Hill Talks About Mom's Previous Cancer Struggle
Matt June 17, 2010, 3:09 PM

You can’t even compare Greyson to this kid, he had no tone, and got to fancy with his piano playing, and before you say oh you can’t do this, yes I can, I play piano in my friends parent’s restaurant. Completely butchered the song.

han June 18, 2010, 12:32 AM

not greyson chance, greyson talent begins with the humble attitude, then he tops it off with sheer gut-wrenching raw talent, we all gotta be jealous.
this 11yr old has showmanship, & more stage presence than i did at 11, he does need some voice lessons though.

jake anthony June 19, 2010, 5:59 AM

Why do we have to compare Dalton to Greyson at all? For one, Greyson is older and two, Dalton did an amazing job regardless. It is very difficult to sing and play at the same time and in front of 800 people. It says he’s been only singing for 4 months and I thought his tone was great ! He was in tune and belted out this song like a pro. I have watched Greyson and thought his voice wasn’t perfect, but I still think he did a good job too.

Sara June 19, 2010, 6:19 PM

First of all anyone who has a negative comment regarding this Dalton kid obviously is jealous. Next, you are tone deaf. The majority has positively commented on him. These two boys have different styles of singing. Don’t you people have anything better to do with your lives, than to pick on very talented children. I personally believe that this kid will become not the next Greyson Chance, but the next SUPERSTAR NAMED DALTON LETORNEY. He has brought down the house with a standing ovation. Great Job Dalton, Don’t Stop Believin!!!!!

John July 2, 2010, 12:31 PM

I saw this kid on the news in Boston and he was amazing ! Extremely talented.

Paddy July 3, 2010, 11:13 PM

Good voice Dalton, but not great. There are many boys at this level around the globe. However Greyson Chance is exceptional with a power and range in his voice that will put him in the same charts as John Lennon, Elton John and Freddy Mercury. In saying that, time will tell and never give up on the dream.

Heather July 4, 2010, 8:30 AM

He is not that good…he wont be the next Greyson Chance he is just another kid that wants to get discovered…

mary July 6, 2010, 1:46 AM

It looks very staged. Perhaps the musical director of the school wants to be on telly. Please remove this from your site Ellen as it does not deserve star status. Not to detract from the young guys obvious good voice and piano skill, The world will need a swooner when he is 60.

April July 6, 2010, 7:39 PM

I thought he sang and played very well for his age. This kid is a lot better than some of the talent she has had on her show.

April July 6, 2010, 7:42 PM

I thought he was great ! I liked his piano and voice. He is a lot better than some of the talent that she has had on her show this year.

Alexa July 6, 2010, 8:01 PM

I have watched this young boy’s video a few times and I think he is great. I have noticed that some of the above comments are not so kind and wonder why everyone is so critical of one so young. It is very difficult to sing and play the piano at the same time and do it as well as he did. This child has only been singing a few months and is obviously new to the limelight. For 11 years old, he is quite good. I wonder how many of you sounded like this and performed at his level at 11, not too many, if you did, where are your videos? I applaud this child’s courage and his great talents at both singing and playing the piano. Great Job Dalton!

Natalie July 6, 2010, 8:07 PM

You did an awesome job Dalton! Keep up the good work, you will go far in life. Hope Ellen sees this and puts you on her show.

Susan July 7, 2010, 6:23 AM

I just saw this video of Dalton and he was amazing !! As someone wrote in, ‘he just wants to be discovered’, don’t we all? I’m a singer and I’d love to be noticed and have fame and fortune, who wouldn’t? This boy clearly earned my support. I bet he’ll be on Ellen in Sept.

Grace July 7, 2010, 10:10 AM

You can’t really compare him to Greyson because they have different voices. I like Dalton’s voice better since it is lower - I don’t care for the high pitched Greyson or Bieber tone. Sure they both play piano and sing and they are both in school performances, but Dalton’s performance is much better - you can’t beat having 300 kids singing backup chorus - that’s unbelievable. I’d love to hear more from him.

Tracy July 7, 2010, 10:13 AM

I thought he was pretty good ;)

Jennifer July 8, 2010, 8:21 AM

WOW! I don’t know what some of these people are hearing with their comments, but this boy is amazing! I know that Journey’s song has been played to death, but I loved his version and the chorus of kids was a great touch.

Bella July 9, 2010, 6:48 AM

I was blown away!! This kid is amazingly talented…

Jesse July 9, 2010, 8:08 PM

His piano playing is excellent and his voice is superb for a young boy - he has great tone.

Josh July 10, 2010, 12:30 PM

I don’t know what all the hype is about - he is pretty good at piano and can sing, but I wasn’t blown away by him or Greyson -

AMY B July 10, 2010, 4:57 PM

Ellen should have you on her show ASAP.