Kate Gosselin: 'Nothing Negative' About Kids on TV

Kate Gosselin was on"Today" to promote her show "Kate Plus 8," which airs tonight on TLC.

Here are some of the highlights:

On Jon filing for full custody of the kids:"At this point, Jon has rescinded on that. He's dropped the custody battle. At this very moment, things are peaceful. He's amicable at this moment. I never know when that's going to change. It changes often. At this very moment, the kids are spending time with him at his apartment. I feel like things are moving along the way they should in more of a normal, if you can call it that, divorce situation. And generally speaking, things are good."

On dating again:"No. I don't feel like it's time. I feel like my kids need so much of me that I need to be there with them. Personally, I don't feel ready to move forward. At some point, I'm sure that I will. But the kids even talk about it. They bring it up. They wonder am I going to get married again and all of those things. I'm open and I talk to them about it, but Jon's decisions remain his decisions. It's just for me to help the kids deal with it. It is just hard. They come home, and I have to discuss things with them that, you know ... they ask me questions, where his girlfriends are concerned. It is just a situation that I have to deal with with them."

On marrying young:"You know, I think whenever I meet a young girl now, I think my challenge to them is: 'Be really sure.' I got married very young, and I just want to be that person in their ear saying, 'Be really, really, really sure.' And, 'What's the rush to get married young?' That would be my advice to my daughters. I'm already telling them, 'Thirty and beyond.'"

On putting her kids on TV again:"I was not worried in the least. I was so glad to open the door and have our crew come in the door. You'll see it in the special how the kids ... I didn't tell them who was coming. I opened the door and they screamed and shouted and attacked them. That to them is a very healthy, normal [thing], and they were thrilled to get back and go to Florida. They can't wait to see what we have coming this summer. I am very happy that I was able to put that back in their lives. There's nothing negative about it."

On the crew:"I love our crew. The cameras are off, and they're helping me around the house and my crew is an all-man crew and they know I have a list for them when they come: 'Can you move this heavy box here, can you do that?' They can't help me enough. For that, they are family. They are absolute family. Some of our production assistants come and babysit my kids sometimes even. And it's family. It was putting back something that was positive from 2009 back into 2010, and I can't say enough."

On going from being a stay-at-home mom to a working mom:"You know, it is hard to say goodbye to those quiet, peaceful moments from years ago. But I'm a mom who has to have a career or a job. All moms have bittersweet feelings about that. It is just about walking through it and dealing with it. Whatever my kids need, I'll do. That's what moms do."

Will YOU watch "Kate Plus 8"?

next: Mom Leaves Kid Unattended While She Plays Frisbee Golf
Jillian June 4, 2010, 1:45 PM

I will not watch any show with her in it. I don’t like her.

Secret Mommy June 4, 2010, 6:16 PM

Ditto.

Anon June 5, 2010, 11:00 AM

She will keep doing TV shows because she doesn’t want to get a REAL job like the rest of us have.

Shannon June 5, 2010, 1:53 PM

I have mixed feelings about Kate. From what I see, I think she’s a good mom. Yes I don’t neccesarily 100% agree with her ways of making money, but she’s supporting her family and that’s all that matters. She and her children bring entertainment into many families, including my own. My husband and I have watched their show for quite a while now. And yes I will be watching Kate Plus 8!

Cherita June 11, 2010, 8:14 AM

I am so tired of people questioning the Kate makes her money. She isn’t doing anything illegal, she isn’t on welfare, and she isn’t asking for donations or handouts. She has done what needs to be done to raise 8 children I think a lot of the negative comments come from women that wish they had the insight or forethought to work smart not hard and have something left at the end of the day to give this many kids. When will women unite and stop all the hating and negative when a fellow sister(woman) is doing her thing no matter how hard society, cheating ex’s, and even family tries to keep you down. I applaud Kate, she is doing what needs to be done, and if she does it by book deal, dancing with the stars, and dare i say another TV show then my hat is tipped to her. Her first and only priority is to the up keep and raising of all these children she and JON both chose to have but I haven’t seen how he is contributing to their financial needs. She is a SUPERWOMAN in my book. Kate Gosselin you are a Phenomenal Woman.

List Of Cable Providers In Atlanta November 25, 2010, 12:04 AM

Sometimes people are layered like that. There’s something totally different underneath than what’s on the surface. But sometimes, there’s a third, even deeper level, and that one is the same as the top surface one. Like with pie.

buy diazepam December 1, 2010, 3:07 PM

This is by far the best looking site I’ve seen. It was completely easy to navigate and it was easy to look for the information I needed. Fantastic layout and great content!

Moses And The Burning Bush December 9, 2010, 9:04 AM

The Constitution gives every American the inalienable right to make a damn fool of himself.

Fast Growing Hedge Evergreens December 12, 2010, 1:25 AM

Every great advance in natural knowledge has involved the absolute rejection of authority.

krep tarifi resimli December 14, 2010, 12:35 AM

krep tarifi, tatli krep tarifi, sade krep tarifi, krep hamuru

Tohatsu Outboard Motors For Sale 2 December 17, 2010, 10:46 AM

I guess what I’m trying to say is, I don’t think you can measure life in terms of years. I think longevity doesn’t necessarily have anything to do with happiness. I mean happiness comes from facing challenges and going out on a limb and taking risks. If you’re not willing to take a risk for something you really care about, you might as well be dead.

Richard Vega December 28, 2010, 2:26 PM

Awsome website! I am loving it!! Will be back later to read some more. I am taking your feeds also

dieta anului 2010 January 4, 2011, 2:14 AM

I have been searching the google for this info and just wanted to thank you for the post. Also, just off topic, where can i download a copy of this theme? – Thank you

Gielda Transportowa January 11, 2011, 2:31 AM

Love this post! I agree!

Giełda Transportowa January 13, 2011, 4:11 AM

Something I have never seen before is always welcome, thanks!

usuwanie blizn białystok  January 13, 2011, 4:02 PM

You are my favourite website, I read your articles everyday.

korekcja zmarszczek białystok  January 14, 2011, 2:42 AM

The important thing is that your website is great.

kinkiety łazienkowe January 21, 2011, 9:53 PM

This is hilarious! You made me smile!

short haircuts 2011 rihanna January 22, 2011, 1:09 AM

A little government and a little luck are necessary in life, but only a fool trusts either of them.

zarobek w internecie March 14, 2011, 11:04 AM