Jenny from 'Raising Sextuplets' Can't Live Without Girls' Night Out!

momlogic's Vivian:

Raising Sixtuplets

Since she's an ER nurse and mom of six, no one would argue that "Raising Sextuplets'"Jenny Masche has her hands full. A true example of grace under pressure, Masche maintained her infectious positive attitude throughout our recent chat. She can even keep it together whilst in the throes of a potty-training mishap! Read on for parenting insights and season highlights from this do-it-all mom!

momlogic: Your kids just turned two, right? Anything terrible going on?

Jenny Masche: It's not too bad. [My husband] Bryan thinks it's harder, and I guess it can be in some ways when this one's crying and that one's fighting with the other. I think it's easier now that they're a little older -- it's less physical work. But when we go out, they all want to put on their own clothes and shoes at once, and I just want them to let me do it so it doesn't take an hour!

ml: Congrats on your recent move to Destin, Fla.!

JM: Thank you! I loved the adventure of moving. We've always been around both of our families and were looking forward to spending some time, just the eight of us, as a family. The hardest part of moving was when the kids said goodbye to their grandparents. That felt awful! And it took some time to adjust. At first, one of our kids said he wanted to go home -- meaning back to our old house -- but now we pull up to our new house and all the kids say, "Yay! We're home!"

ml: What do you love most about your new hometown?

JM: The beach! We go down there around five or six o'clock and the kids just roam while we sit together and watch them. It's warmer than the Pacific and there are hardly any waves, so the kids can actually go in with their little boards. It's always a new adventure to them!

ml: What's going on with the BP oil crisis over there?

JM: Destin runs on tourism. Even though oil has yet to wash up here and the beaches are full, you can feel the change. People who were looking to book their vacations in advance don't know when the oil will wash up, so they aren't booking their trips. Everyone's really depressed about it -- the fishermen, the hotels and restaurants. It's so sad.

ml: I'm sure all the moms want to know -- do you get any sleep?

JM: I really don't need much! I've worked as an ER nurse and am used to a weird schedule. Ever since before I had kids, I've liked to stay up real late and have some "me time." When Bryan and the kids are asleep, the house is real quiet and I can just get things done.

ml: How do you get things done during the day?

JM: When we first moved here, Bryan hadn't started school yet and the kids weren't napping real well, so we'd pile them all into the car and ride around for two hours running errands, like going to the bank or to the store. Eventually, the kids would fall asleep and it would be like a date! Now we just trade off and go ourselves when the other is home.

ml: Do you guys have date nights?

JM: Yes! We try to have two a month. We joined our church just as soon as we moved here, and met so many nice people -- including some teenagers who are great babysitters! I work some nights, so I like to put the kids down when I am home. Once they're asleep we let the sitter take over, [and we] sneak off and go on a date.

ml: How about girls' nights out?

JM: I can't live without them! I'm just getting a new business off the ground with some of my girlfriends, so we get to meet and have lunch. Or we'll go see a movie at 9:45 at night. Just being around other women and having adult conversation once in a while is so important to me.

ml: What advice would you give a mom expecting multiples?

JM: Hmm ... there are a few important things. First, try your best to make time some for yourself. I try to take 20 minutes to a half hour to myself every day, just to go for a walk or think. It rejuvenates me and makes me feel so much better. Second, enjoy every phase! When the babies came, I vowed to do that. Most people have one kid, then a few years later have another and get to go through all the phases all over again. We aren't having any more kids, so when a phase is over, it's gone -- that's it. So I try to embrace every single phase by being in the moment, because once it's gone, it's gone.

ml: How do you handle stress?

JM: I think my faith has helped a lot. When one kid has diarrhea and the other is peeing on the floor, sometimes I just go into my room and lay on my bed for five minutes and talk to God. Eventually, I'll think: You've blessed me with six kids because you think I can handle it. So I go handle it. It's my form of meditation, or my "time-out." Hey, moms need a "time-out" too sometimes!

Spend your "time-out" watching Jenny on the season premiere of "Raising Sextuplets" on WE tonight at 10e/9c!

next: Teen Accepted into Four Ivy League Universities
Jessica C. September 27, 2010, 5:48 AM

I was starting to get very interested in the show after seeing the big move, but was very disturbed how Bryan treats Jenny and his kids, he obviously has some weird gender insecurities, being offended by being called “Mr. Mom” even though he is the stay at home parent at the time? He is selfish, cruel and probably a psychopath, which showed when his Father in Law had to call the cops. I’m so happy that Jenny filed divorce, I think she thought that was not an option, but with her strength and loving family they’ll do way better without that awful Bryan around!

Hemorrhoid Cure November 27, 2010, 4:32 AM

Very useful info. Very helpful, very well written article.

buy diazepam December 1, 2010, 3:32 PM

I have recently started using the blogengine.net and I having some problems here? in your blog you stated that we need to enable write permissions on the App_Data folder…unfortunately I don’t understand how to enable it.

Coca Cola Bottle Cap Necklace December 11, 2010, 12:23 PM

Sometimes people are layered like that. There’s something totally different underneath than what’s on the surface. But sometimes, there’s a third, even deeper level, and that one is the same as the top surface one. Like with pie.

Hazel Holland December 28, 2010, 2:18 PM

I’m still learning from you, while I’m making my way to the top as well. I absolutely love reading all that is written on your site.Keep the information coming. I enjoyed it!

phen375 review January 6, 2011, 7:00 PM

Ladies generally usually are not trying to drop massive amounts of weight for the most part. Most of the men and women using phen375 are simply looking to drop 5 to Twenty-five lbs on average and normally the belly fat. Most are wholesome, visit the gym type folks. They only weren’t capable of lose fat deposits on their own stomach or perhaps have reached any Plato. Abdominal fat issues normally begin to take place for girls at about the time associated with or perhaps following child birth and also later within age pre and post menopausal. It seems like to hit ladies whilst there hormone levels are transforming; it’s a normal means of existence or is that? My goal is to explain to you how the real body fat stored in the particular tummy or even abdomen location differs as well as the more you have than it the whores your hormonal imbalance will end up.

kinkiety łazienkowe January 22, 2011, 9:46 AM

Your website is cool!!

shades of red hair color chart January 31, 2011, 9:51 AM

I’m astounded by people who want to ‘know’ the universe when it’s hard enough to find your way around Chinatown.

gry erotyczne February 1, 2011, 11:03 PM

I like this, its great.

Torty February 2, 2011, 12:57 AM

The new article is going to be awesome!

ortodoncja warszawa February 6, 2011, 12:11 PM

Your website is cool!!

protetyka February 7, 2011, 4:00 AM

Things you brought up a lot of sense.I like it! Greetings!

Katalog Stron WWW February 7, 2011, 4:13 AM

This is a brilliant initiative. Thanks a bunch for sharing!

stomatolog Gieczno February 9, 2011, 6:59 AM

What’s Happening i am new to this, I stumbled upon this I’ve found It positively useful and it has helped me out loads. I hope to contribute & help other users like its helped me. Good job.

lego February 9, 2011, 7:52 AM

Thanks for the beautiful article, guys. You are awesome!

stomatolog Przeźmierowo February 9, 2011, 7:52 AM

I wish to get across my passion for your kindness giving support to women who require assistance with this particular theme. Your personal commitment to getting the solution all-around appeared to be surprisingly informative and has in every case empowered men and women just like me to realize their targets. This invaluable guideline signifies so much to me and even further to my peers. With thanks; from each one of us.

projektory cyfrowe 2d February 11, 2011, 11:32 AM

Heya i am for the first time here. I came across this board and I find It really useful & it helped me out much. I hope to give something back and aid others like you aided me.

zespoły weselne February 19, 2011, 2:12 AM

Extremely educational article!

gry erotyczne February 24, 2011, 2:11 AM

Good writing never goes out of style!

cpmprofit February 24, 2011, 3:09 AM

Eww! Interesting facts! Thanks for sharing!