Mom Posts Pic of Her Baby with Bong on Facebook

A 19-year-old mother from Keystone Heights, Florida, posted a photo of her baby with a BONG on Facebook. Um, was she high?!

baby with a bong

"If u look at the picture u can see that there is no bowl in the TABACCO (sic) pipe. And i took a pic to show one (expletive) person and it was a mistake. I would never ever ever let him get high," she told Channel 4 via Facebook.

In another Facebook posting, she wrote, "Do you realize how serious this is? i can go to jail and he can be taken away from me. WHY would you do something so (expletive) stupid? i know what i did was stupid but i would NEVER put by baby in harm. im (sic) so nice to everyone idk (I don't know) why you would do this to me."

The Florida Department of Children and Families is investigating, and is now drug-testing both the mother and the baby.

Who thinks this mom should have her baby taken away? Harmless photo ... or serious endangerment?

next: Home Movies of Kyron Horman Released
April June 27, 2010, 10:39 AM

so she says she took the picture to “show one person”. Show one person what exactly? Is it a regular occurance and he puts his mouth on it every time? Is it “cute” to pose your baby with drug paraphernalia? Because it is obvious that child services finds nothing cute about it.

I think she needs to be taught a lesson. It is clear her child was around drugs or people who use drugs often enough to own a bong, and she needs to know that is not ok.

Natalie B June 28, 2010, 2:51 PM

I don’t think the baby should be taking from her. But does make you wonder why she has it in her house in the first place. The drug testing is a good idea but going over board with drug testing the baby. I think this girl did not think before she did this and did not know she would get into trouble. Lesson learned.

Carley June 28, 2010, 9:30 PM

Well…she’s right. There’s obviously no bowl and the glass is just colored that way. Tacky? Yes. Endangerment? No. Someone else pointed out that he’s obviously seen it used. While that’s probably true, watching someone smoke from a bong is not necessarily endangerment by any stretch. It’s possible for one person in a room to get high while another is sober and watching the baby, and it’s also possible for tobacco to be smoked from a bong. Like I said, tacky, but she doesn’t deserve to have the baby taken.

DARLA KIDDER June 29, 2010, 3:03 AM

Serious endangerment , I seriously hope this young mom gets help before its too late and gets that baby and any other children she may have get taken away . This is no joking matter.

Monica D June 29, 2010, 3:50 AM

I think this is ridiculous almost just as bad as the 2 year old smoking which cause a You Tube frenzy, and everyone said that child should be removed so why not this one? Babies are sponges and he has obviously seen others use this to know what he is doing (or not doing)!

IllinoisPam June 29, 2010, 4:06 AM

I’m glad DCFS is involved. Better to err on the side of safety. Poor parenting? Yes. Child abuse? Perhaps. The results of the drug testing shall tell.

Jacqueline Whittig June 29, 2010, 4:11 AM

This is sad, but she put herself in this predictament. That poor baby doesn’t know the difference what is right or wrong. I say, take the baby now, before it comes up missing, then finding it dead. That is exactly why I have custody of my grand-daughter. I am just sad, I didn’t go to court earlier.

Allison June 29, 2010, 4:15 AM

“19 year old mom” says it all. Let me guess— she is not married to the father, no regular father figure. This kid’s life is screwed if he is smoking up as a baby or not.

Kat June 29, 2010, 4:18 AM

It just totally makes me sick to see pictures like this, parents taking pictures of their precious babies with horrible items like bongs, seen here or cigarettes in their mouths etc….and we wonder why the world is in the shape its in now….pictures speak louder than words….

Tony June 29, 2010, 5:15 AM

Just another stupid broad having a baby.
What a shame broads like her are waisting there young years tied down with a yelling, chitten, crapping, germ infested brat.
The state would be doing her a favor and take the brat so she can be free.
She needs needs to be spaded..

Shanna June 29, 2010, 5:44 AM

Okay, as a young Mother, we ALL know that she wasn’t using that to smoke “TOBACCO”.
What she was trying to prove or show by taking this picture is beyond me.

I don’t know what should happen. I’m sure she’s going to test positive for marijuana, and I pray that little baby does NOT. She needs maybe treatment, parenting classes, etc. If that innocent baby tests positive for drugs, he needs to be taken away.

Thanks for sharing this, I hadn’t heard about it!

K June 29, 2010, 5:44 AM

There needs to be a “flag” button; if I’m just missing something see Tony’s response above… Wow.

Joyce June 29, 2010, 5:50 AM

Give the baby to someone who cant have children and can raise this child in a stable environment. Make her go to jail, and counseling and whatever else that will make her stupid self use her brain the next time. Clearly child endagering….parents teach their children the way they should go in life…Clearly if there is a “bong” around this baby it is ok? NOT….you should never have to feel remorse (im sorry i will never hurt my baby again type of remorse) ever. She isn’t even thinking of her baby. 19 or 39 doesnt matter.

Jessica June 29, 2010, 6:07 AM

No I do not think that she should have her baby taken away from her…Not only does that have a serious effect on the mother, but on the child as well…Clearly in the photo the boy isn’t near any drugs of any sort…Just because the general public call that device a “Bong”, the term the Adult store refer to it as a recreational tobacco pipe. tobacco, not drugs. And also in the photo, you can see that there isn’t even a bowl in the device…And 1 more thing, that photo was supposed to be shown to one specific person, which means that that one person has just violated that mothers privacy, and confidentiality. Is that not a crime somehow…Clearly she loves her baby boy, and would never wish him any harm. Most people these days need to just give us mothers the benefit of a doubt, give us a chance before taking our children away…There are far more severe situations that would clearly show that something legal needs to be done for the sake of the children when rarely that happens, but the good parent do not deserve that same punishment. I believe that if she and her baby get tested for drugs, and the baby, not her, but the baby boy comes back with clean results, then the mother should be able to keep her som.

tibicheri June 29, 2010, 6:34 AM

I don’t think that child services needs to be involved at all! Just another governmental agency that will make alot of money from this non-event. People have taken pictures and done silly things with their children for years and they are not harmful things. It doesn’t make her a bad mom or them bad people. In this overly sensitive, polically correct crazed country people take things way too seriously! To anonymous, “Really? a child putting his face to an open container about to pick it up looks like he knows how to use it???” Puhlease, it is a container and babies mouth everything and will lift it up like any cup or bottle. Gosh this makes me mad. The media and PEOPLE trying to stick their noses in where it doesn’t belong.

shirley June 29, 2010, 6:49 AM

I am 74 and went thru this drug thing with my kids and grandkids — ok here this it is child abuse she is teaching her child that it is ok to smoke dope why is it called DOPE cos you gotta be a DOPE to get started on it and the Resin is still inside and the aroma is present the CHILD is experiencing these “tastes” you must be out of you mind woman and to put it on Facebook what are you thinking of YOU MUST BE HIGH or STUPID

angie June 29, 2010, 7:26 AM

That baby should be taken away from the 19 year old girl immediatley!!! what kind of mother would even have something like that in her home with a baby? she must know that this is very unsettling to see as well as heartbreaking!! she must use the thing because she seems to know alot about it!!There are so many women in this world that would give anything for a baby and girls like this have them and abuse them. its very sad!!!

Patricia June 29, 2010, 7:28 AM

There is ALOT more going on in this house then everyone knows, how friggin stupid is she, babies are Blessings, and I’m sure this is not the first time this baby grabbed ahold of the mothers bong, glad to hear both will be drug tested, if positive remove the child to someone who REALLY LOVES this child. Looking at this makes me soooo mad. I am glad this photo appeared it may have saved this childs life.

Jen  June 29, 2010, 7:32 AM

I would definitely hope she’s investigated, but if there is nothing more wrong I say people make mistakes. Babies put EVERYTHING in their mouths and she’s certainly learned to keep it out of his reach. I know kids that are beaten severely and not taken away and as long as this actually isn’t being used for drugs, it’s not illegal for hr to have it. This baby may be well taken care of. This is only a few paragraphs out of her whole life. Don’t judge, she may be a great mom.

Michelle June 29, 2010, 7:44 AM

ok, she should be going to jail for one thing, drug paraphanalia and children!! Then when she gets out, her child(ren) should not be given back to her until she has gone through rehabilitation and she should be supervised by DCFS. After that she should be subject to surprise visits from them with a zero tolerance policy. This is not acceptible!! STUPID STUPID STUPID