'World's Fattest Woman' Hopeful Talks Parenting

This week on Sirius Satellite Radio, Howard Stern and Robin Quivers spoke with Donna Simpson -- the mom of two who's attempting to become the world's fattest woman and hopes to reach 1,000 pounds -- about parenting.

Robin Quivers

Howard: Do you ever say to yourself, "I owe it to my kids to live"?

Robin: And to just be able to get around and participate with them?

Howard: And are your kids fat? You don't want them to see you and think, "OK, this is what Mom's into ... I'm into it, too."

Donna: No, they're not. They're not fat at all. My son is like 120 pounds and like 5'7" ... he's a stick. And my daughter is regular size ... she's 3.

Howard: Do they beg you to "Please lose weight, Mommy, we don't want you to die," that kind of thing?

Donna: No.

Howard: And you don't worry about that? That you can't be around for them?

Donna: That's why I really try to count out the cholesterol and really try to watch. And all my numbers are good. All my blood work is good.

Robin: And no one says anything to you about the prospects of the future? You have kids ....

Philippe Gouamba [Donna's boyfriend]: Yes, we do have kids ... you should see our little one and Donna's son.

Howard: Does it bother you that she could have trouble taking care of the kids at 1,000 pounds? She'll be bedridden.

Philippe: Well, Donna is a very good mom. Kids need love, they need affection, they need attention and they're getting all of that. We're very fortunate to be living in the United States where we have the best medical care in the world. We have great doctors here. The testimony to that is the birth of our 3 1/2-year-old daughter ... I mean, Donna was 530 pounds when she delivered. It took a team of thirty professionals. Dr. Brian Joseph treated the condition, which was pregnancy and the delivery. He didn't browbeat her into losing weight ten minutes before this delivery. He was a real medical professional who treated the condition, not the lifestyle.

Donna: It only took three people to actually deliver the baby, but they wanted the heads of everything standing by just in case. And of course there were people who just wanted to watch because we had the world's record.

Howard: World's record for what?

Philippe: Heaviest woman to ever deliver a baby vaginally.

Wow. Do you think Donna could be a good mom at 1,000 pounds -- or is this goal just cheating her kids out of a mother?

next: 10 Worst Foods Lurking in Your Fridge
Kristen June 17, 2010, 4:00 AM

She is cheating her kids AND herself. This is disgusting, she needs mental help. I think if she is on state aid for medical care she should lose that insurance, as a taxpayer I DO NOT want to have to pay for her being irresponsible and trying to meet some stupid goal that will endanger her life.

Katie June 17, 2010, 7:24 AM

I know she is cheating her kids. I am over weight, morbidly obese, but I am combating my condition. I cannot get around at all, and I have a three year old. I have kids that are practically adults, and I know what it takes to be a parent, to raise kids. How much activity it takes to give them everything they need. I am scared to be this way now, and have my three year old to raise. She is lucky she has her boyfriend to chase the kids, because otherwise it would be practically impossible for her to care for them.

Amy June 17, 2010, 7:57 AM

She is so dumb. Proud to “reach” goals for being fat. Wow, wonder what is in the water in that town. One of the Stupidest things I have ever heard.

Natalie June 17, 2010, 9:57 AM

I dont believe that your weight can influence your love for your children, but when you become irresponsible with your life and you have two children to care for that is just unacceptable. I dont understand her motivation so I shouldnt pass judgement on her but she really needs to think of her children. Does she really want strangers bringing up her kids when she dies from complications of being overweight. Where will they go? I understand that there is a boyfriend involved but he is not responsible for the children and so has no need to help pay for and educate them after their mother dies. In the end the children are the ones who suffer the consequences of something that they dont even understand.

Anonymous June 17, 2010, 2:59 PM

I am sickened by what I read…. wth is wrong with this woman????

Jen June 18, 2010, 6:32 PM

I completely agree with Kristen.. If she is getting state help for insurance that should be taken away if she CHOOSES to be so obese that she is ill. That is sick. Just sick. I feel so bad for her children. What sort of example is she setting? She is risking her life and more importantly her kids’ mommy’s life for some insane “goal”. She DOES need mental help. Who are the doctors treating her? There is no way you can weigh that much and do it healthy.

Kristin June 19, 2010, 9:47 AM

I agree with Kristen completely. This is astounding.

Bank online with Chase October 18, 2010, 1:20 PM

I was just talking with my friend about this yesterday at lunch . Don’t know how in the world we got on the subject really, they brought it up. I do recall eating a wonderful fruit salad with sunflower seeds on it. I digress…

sniper games October 24, 2010, 7:57 PM

This site has got some very helpful information on it! Thank you for informing me!

bachelorette party gifts October 24, 2010, 9:23 PM

My brother and I have been just discussing your very topic, he is invariably attempting to prove me completely wrong. Your own view on this is wonderful and exactly how I really feel. I just now mailed my brother this site to demonstrate him your current perspective. Immediately after looking over your blog site I added and will be coming back to read your messages!

Steven Presnal October 25, 2010, 3:48 AM

Several of the points associated with this write-up happen to be excellent however had me wanting to know, did they seriously suggest that? One thing I have got to say is your publishing abilities are very very good and I would be coming back for any brand-new post you produce, you might have a completely new enthusiast. I saved your main blog for reference.

Toby Colgan October 26, 2010, 1:31 PM

I am constantly seeking somebody to trade articles with, I am a university student and have a website here on our university web site. The subject of your respective weblog and writting fashion would definitely go great in some of my category’s, let me know should you be up for this.

Elmer Beckius October 26, 2010, 4:53 PM

It is a situation where you do have to be cheap.

Aurora Schwartzman October 27, 2010, 1:09 PM

After reading a number your articles I truly found this one to be wonderful. I have a blog site as well and would love to repost a number of snips of your content on my personal blog. Would it be okay if I do this so long I personal reference your blog or create a back link to your write-up I took the snip from? If not I recognize and would never do it without your acceptance . I have book marked the write-up to twitter and also squidoo accounts for reference. Anyway many thanks either way!

Silas Mogan October 27, 2010, 7:12 PM

I’m just using up your time getting around to that.

Christine Stavrides October 28, 2010, 11:04 AM

is a surprisingly uncomplicated way to get even more.

Thomasine Diskin October 29, 2010, 2:22 PM

is going to change the fabric of trainees lives.

Mallie Bertog October 30, 2010, 5:42 PM

That will need a little team work.

Eusebio Pines October 31, 2010, 1:01 AM

Only with time should you use to be rare.

Natosha Gollob October 31, 2010, 8:57 AM

This is my weakest feeling: There is not much which is accurate with what I am saying.