No More Celeb Post-Baby Swimsuit Pics ... PLEASE!

momlogic's Julie: In April, when Kourtney Kardashian posed in a BIKINI just weeks after giving birth, I wrote, "Do we really need to see how great these celebs look so we can feel even worse about our own selves? We don't have personal trainers, personal chefs, delivered food plans or Photoshop to make us bikini-ready just weeks after having a baby. But most of us can't help but compare ourselves to these 'perfect' new moms and feel lousy that we don't measure up."

betheny Frankel

I continued, "I've got to face facts: My thighs didn't look that great in a bikini BEFORE I got pregnant, and don't now, either. But that doesn't make me a bad person or a bad mom -- just a normal one. So I'll stick to my one-piece, snug my kiddos close and try not to compare myself to these celeb moms again. Until the next magazine cover comes along ...."

Well, the next magazine pic has come along! This time, it's Bethenny Frankel in a plunging one-piece, posing for Us Magazine just THREE WEEKS after giving birth.

Is it just me ... or is the time between birth and these photo shoots getting shorter and shorter? Before you know it, celebs will be going straight from their hospital gowns to their bathing suits and having the photo shoot right there in the maternity ward!

Obviously, Bethenny has always been skinny, and she's a nutritionist to boot. But do we have to see her in a size-4 bathing suit before her kid has her 1-month birthday? Really?

To add insult to injury, Frankel says she's lost 29 of the 35 pounds she gained during pregnancy ... "without dieting."

Is anyone else as sick of these photos as I am?

next: Four Ways to Hate Sex Less
Shannon June 2, 2010, 9:08 PM

Ummm I gained 45lbs & lost like 23lbs by the time my son was month old & I was not dieting or working out. All I did was breastfeed. The rest of the weight melted off with ease by the time my son was six months old & no I still did not work out or watch what I ate. By the time I quit breastfeeding my son at a yr old I was 10 lbs less than I was before I got preggo! Soooo it just goes to show ya that some people lose baby weight really easy. I probably could have lost all my preggo weight sooner than I did had I just applied myself with eating less junk (I ate healthy too) & working out, but I chose to enjoy being a 1st time mommy. Get over it & quit your bitchin just because you are jealous! Way to go Bethany!!!

Dee June 2, 2010, 9:58 PM

Although I agree with Shannon that some people are just really lucky & lose the baby weight easy, I think it’s real easy for her to say that Julie is just bitchin cause she’s jealous. Shannon can say that cause it was easy for her. That’s great for her & everyone else that it was easy for & I’m happy for them but I’m also tired of seeing it on the cover of a magazine every week. Women have enough pressure being thrown at them all the time to try & look as skinny as celebrities & models to then have this bring down their self esteem as well.

CJ June 3, 2010, 5:36 AM

I don’t see why it brings down anyone’s self esteem. Lol. Half of these people voluntarily have cesarean sections and have liposuction surgery before they get stitched back up. All of us would be a lot skinnier if we did that lol. Why even bother to look at the pictures? You know what they’ll be like.

Steph June 3, 2010, 8:35 AM

I tend to go along with CJ. It’s these celebrity women’s job to look a certain way. My body is still hanging onto 18 post-baby pounds (and my baby turns 3 years old next month!) but Bethenny Frankel posing in a swimsuit 3 weeks after delivery doesn’t bother me.

Besides, these women can afford to hire chefs, personal trainers, nannies, etc. to get into this shape. I’ve always admired Sarah Jessica Parker for being up front about that.

But being a Real Housewives viewer, I will say that maybe if Bethenny allowed herself to eat a piece of cheesecake (and *real* cheesecake!), she might be less uptight. That’s my secret, at least. :)

kymommy June 3, 2010, 8:41 AM

it’s called PHOTOSHOP!! have you seen Kendra’s post baby body pictures? and then see the episode - she is NOT that tiny in the belly!!!!!!!!

Jilly June 3, 2010, 8:52 AM

You know what bothers me about it? Bethanny Frankel is a arrogant, know-it-all, who thinks she is better than everyone else. I find her unappealing in ever sense! No, I am not jealous, nor envious of her and no it is not about the show she is on(I think all of those women are crazy as batsnot!)
Personally , I do not understand why we are interested in post-baby figures of celebs? Who cares!! It is not motivating, it’s annoying! Like the above posts pointed out…the average person does not have the availablity of trainers and such or they simple lack the motivation. I got news for ya, seeing those women does not help, the motivation has to come from within yourself to want to be healthier, period!

Stacie June 3, 2010, 8:56 AM

I’m not a fan of the uber-photoshopped image that has pervaded society’s ideal of woman (and man) -hood, but I try to remind myself that those images do not represent reality. Comparing yourself to others, whether in a photo or not, is not a healthy habit to get into. Magazine and television images have power over us only if we let them. :)

Katy June 3, 2010, 9:43 AM

Didn’t this woman give birth really prematurely? She didn’t have time to pack on the true pounds of pregnancy, so it should be easier to look a little better than us girls who spend the WHOLE 10 months preggers!

Katy June 3, 2010, 10:18 AM

Yep, found an article on it. Her baby was born 5 weeks premature at 4 lbs. 12 oz. by C-Section (aka a tummy tuck for the rich and famous).

Here is a quote from the article: (wherein she admits the “30” lbs was not gained for the pregnancy, but rather from being swollen post-surgery)

But Frankel, who is breast-feeding, told Page Six it was a doctor-advised diet and exercise that helped her lose almost 30 pounds — “most of which was water retention exacerbated by a C-section, which doesn’t allow food for two days.

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/pagesix/bethenny_baby_weight_plunge_qCrOAHtUKbE7HLAm24RoaK#ixzz0poQTSExO

Rita June 3, 2010, 10:26 AM

Also, they’re losing all this weight at the expense of time they could be spending with their child. I’d rather spend these precious years with my child then working my a$$ off to please people I don’t even know or care about. If I’m going to lose this weight, its going to be for me and not the crazy mass population. Besides I think I look great anyways, and I’m nowhere as thin as some of those post-baby bodies. Who cares anyways?

Danielle June 3, 2010, 12:32 PM

I gained 42 lbs with my first and I’ve had 3 kids and I’ve been able to loose the weight without diets, a c section or any other unnatural crutch. I want to feel good about myself so I eat and play with my kids to loose and tone my body. mind you I have a little poochy soft tummy but the rest of my body is lean because I work hard and put that as a priority in my life. People put too many excuses for their “I don’t care” attitude. You get what you expect in life, if you don’t expect much then that is what you get.

HEY RITA June 3, 2010, 12:37 PM

I strap and or push my kids on me at 5 am and go for my morning walks. My son is 4 and at age 3 he could already keep up with his dad, power walking for 40 minutes straight AND covering 4 miles, NO nap and not going to bed early. That’s how healthy people function.

Rita June 3, 2010, 8:44 PM

I never implied I’m not healthy. I’m not overweight but I’m not skinny either. Getting up at 5 am is great for you but people have different exercise routines. I never said I didn’t care, either.

Anonymous June 3, 2010, 9:10 PM

Ok lol I just saw that I said I don’t care in my first post. I did imply that! Oh that’s funny.

Anyways I’m happy with how I look and my husband is too. What would your husband do if you dared to gain a few pounds? Can you eat a piece of cake or a cookie and enjoy it without worrying it might damage all the work you’ve done?

Can you seriously say you are really happy? Not just with how you look and/or feel but with how your life is? I know I am because I don’t worry about gaining or losing a few pounds. Sure, if I started getting fat I’d do something about it but I’m nowhere near fat.

Accishessef June 23, 2010, 4:30 AM

Very Good site, thank yo mister, it’s help’s me!

eivai April 3, 2011, 8:30 AM

Good to see that some people really write good content nowadays. Offtopic: I don’t know why but i’m having javascript errors viewing your website on Internet Explorer.. can you check it please? Best Regards