Parenting FAIL! Wasted Dad Fondles Kids on Class Trip!

This one will have you volunteering on your kid's class trips for years to come: A WASTED Connecticut dad saw fit to fondle six of his kid's female classmates on a school trip to Manhattan!

bus in a bottle

It was supposed to be a regular June field trip for fifth graders from Stillmeadow Elementary School in Stamford, Conn. The students visited the Bronx Zoo and toured Manhattan, finally landing at Mars 2112 -- a popular, kid-friendly midtown theme restaurant.

Thirty-five year old dad Tomas Manzano was caught stealing sips from a one-liter bottle of vodka in between feeling up a total of SIX girls! Teachers called 911 around 2:30 PM after they found out what was going on -- and the man completely lost it and started "spitting at cops," according to the New York Daily News.

Apparently, Manzano's been in treatment for alcoholism before. And thanks to yesterday's hijinks, he's been arrested, charged with a laundry list of no-nos and was taken to Bellevue Hospital for a psychiatric evaluation.

YA THINK?

One teacher "called him out" after seeing him "caress" a female student's face.

OK ... here are a couple of our burning questions: This guy found time to feel up SIX girls -- not one, not even two, but SIX. Why oh why did it take them so long to say something?Sure, the kids are so young and it's easy at that age to be intimidated into keeping your mouth shut. But all six girls? Really?

And what about the other adults on the trip? Why oh why did no one notice that the guy was STANK-ASS DRUNK?

Should we be doing more to encourage our daughters to speak up if something fishy happens?

next: Working Wives, Working Husbands, and Divorce
Traci June 4, 2010, 11:55 AM

There’s no doubt that this guys actions are reprehensible and he should be charged with crimes, it’s never ok to be drunk around children or touch children in a way that is inappropriate or makes them uncomfortable. Period. My only issue is this: since when is touching a little girl’s face considered “fondling”? Did he do something else to the other girls or have we broadened the definition of “fondling” to inappropriate touching of any body part?

Brenda June 4, 2010, 1:36 PM

Ok my issue with the above story is this. How dare you question as to why 6 girls did not come forward. You were not there nor do you have any idea as to what was going through their mind. Its because of adults like you that kids do not come forward. You are making it sound like the girls did something wrong for not coming forward and you should be ashamed of yourself. That sentence should not be there nor should it be brought up ever the only issue here is why the other parents did not take notice not why kids did not come forward. we have no idea what happened or what could have been said to those girls by him.
If this is the way you think than you shouldnt be allowed to write.

Anonymous June 5, 2010, 7:01 AM

I agree with Brenda. I remind my daughter everyday that it is not okay for anyone to touch her in an inappropriate way, even the metion of it makes her shy away and somewhat fearful. A young girl could be ashamed if her parents have taught her that it is not ok. Brenda, I like what you had to say. Where were the other adults on this trip and why were they not watching over every single child on this trip. If like Traci said, there was even anything more then a touch of the face?? Seems the adults were not paying attention to anything going on here, but lets not judge everyone because its easy to see this isnt all the full facts of the whole story! That being said, encourage our children to come forward if they feel uncomfortable, go to an adult they can trust if something seems wrong! Do your best to prepare your children, not discourage them and make them feel ashamed!

Robin June 5, 2010, 5:26 PM

I just had a “teachable moment” this past week with my son. He was looking forward to seeing me act in the new play I was in, but I quit when the director decided that the part called for another actor to be more “hands on” (my butt) and demonstated without talking to me about it first. So when I explained to my son that I was no longer in the play I talked to him again about “bad touch” and not letting anyone make you uncomfortable, standing up for yourself. (I did report the director to the theater, I don’t think he meant anything by it, but they’ll have a chat to make sure he asks first next time!)

Fashion Design October 12, 2010, 5:17 PM

Certainly useful data. Im lucky I identified this article. Many thanks for sharing

Credit Card Processing December 21, 2010, 7:45 PM

As a member with the fashion market, I salute you.

Amberly Slaight March 16, 2011, 12:28 PM

I’d have to cut a deal with you here. Which is not something I usually do! I enjoy reading a post that will make people think. Also, thanks for allowing me to comment!