School Bully Urinated on 7-Year-Old Girl in Cafeteria

A first grader in Bedford, Ohio, urinated on a 7-year-old girl in the school cafeteria, reports Fox 8.

"For the past six months, one of the little boys for sure has been bullying her, pulling on her hair," says the victim's mom. The mom had several meetings with the kids' teacher, but says the harassment continued.

Then last week, her daughter told her that some of the boys had exposed themselves to her at school -- and that one of the boys had urinated on her during lunchtime. The little girl told her mom, "We sat down. He said, 'I got to use the bathroom,' and he peed on my knee."

School principal Terry Lipford said, "We're not denying that happened. Unfortunately, situations like that happen ... we take it very seriously. We are going to investigate her concerns. If there was bullying concerned, we will deal with that."

The boys were suspended for five days.

Do you think the punishment fit the crime?

next: More Schools Adopt Four-Day School Week
Juliette June 7, 2010, 5:45 PM

@ em
@Deidre
@jj
@unknown mom

You have just proven my point for me.

Look how hateful you have just responded? A personal attack on me for an opinion. I should be pee’d on? I’m a bad parent?

These are very adult and mature ways of having an open discussion about children (by behaving like them)

I feel compassion for both the little girl and for the boy(s) who have picked on her. 7 years old - 7 years old people.
No - it was not right - and bullying _is_ wrong. Being a bigger bully doesn’t solve the problem ladies.

ROSS TAYLOR  June 8, 2010, 2:55 AM

I WOULD HAVE HAD THEM KICKED OUT OF SCHOOL FOR GOOD! AS I SEE KIDS OF ALL AGES BEING BULLIED, PICKED ON, EVEN ALSO THE TEACHERS WHO ARE SOMETIMES HURT AND KIDS MAKE BAD COMMENTS TO THEM! I’M NOT TRYING TO MARKET MY PRODUCT HERE! BUT REALLY TRYING TO HELP KIDS AND ADULTS OF ALL AGES OF 7 AND UP! TO PROTECT THEMSELF’S WHEN KNOW ONE’S AROUND! CHECK OUT THE ISAFEBACKPACKS.COM MY COMPANY I’M PARTNERS WITH! I’M SO SORRY FOR THE MOTHER AND OTHER KID’S OUT THERE! BUT IF A KID OR ADULT HAD MY BACKPACK OR PURSE THIS WOULD HAVE STOPED IT AND HELPED! SOOOO MUCH!

PA Mom June 8, 2010, 6:45 AM

@Juliette June 7, 2010, 5:45 PM

Here’s the point. YES the kids are all 6-7. Yes ALL little kids are mean to each other. No not all kids grow out of it and end up becoming mean adults.
However,
The biggest point is:
Touching another person, with out their permission IS ASSAULT.
“Peeing” on some one can be very serious. In no way should this sort of action be accepted. I’ve raised two girls, and am in the process of raising two boys. NEVER would I have found that sort of actions acceptable. What happened to the Golden Rule???
The one that says:
Do unto others as YOU would have others do onto you!
That one’s been a mainstay with my kids and has NEVER sent any in a wrong direction.

Sjones June 8, 2010, 8:59 AM

I was shocked at Juliette’s comment, especially being that they boy had been picking on the girl for months. I wish a child would urinate on my daughter..then write a note and apologize-that is crazy! That type of tolerance and mentally of “boys will be boys” to excuse the action of a person CONSCIOUSLY urinating on someone is scary.

Kendra June 8, 2010, 10:16 AM

This is completely absurd. At the age of 7 a child should know right from wrong. Deliberately peeing on someone else is wrong. If it were my child the police, the schoolboard, and child protective services better all be involved. That is ridiculous. I feel bad for this little girl, with the slight “Punishment” that child was given, he will probably bully her more next year.

u women are crazy June 8, 2010, 10:59 AM

lol, u moms are nuttier than sqirrel turds. cool it. suspend the little boy if it happens again. kick him out of school. THEY ARE KIDS! yeesh.

LB June 8, 2010, 11:00 AM

Juliette…you sound out of your mind!!! As a mother to 3 boys (aged 6, 4, & 2 I can tell you that not one of my boys would ever pee on anybody else accidentally or otherwise. You don’t accidentally pee on somebody, if you have an accident it wouldn’t end up on someone else’s knee. When your son turns 4, then 5, 6 and 7 you will understand that there is a HUGE difference between a 3 year old boy and a 7 year old boy. They are still young children at 7, but they also understand right and wrong and should be emotionally mature enough to have empathy, thus understanding that you don’t pee on somebody else. I hope nobody ever treats your child poorly, it doesn’t appear as though you would have much empathy for your own son. I hope the mother of this young girl finds a safe school to put her in and removes her from this situation before it gets out of hand. God help anybody (parent and child) that would treat one of my kids this way!

parent June 8, 2010, 11:12 AM

Juliette, looks like you are outnumbered. This child is old enough to know better and if he doesn’t, then he belongs somewhere else besides being around other children….or other humans! Geez! Even animals don’t act like that!

Anonymous June 8, 2010, 11:13 AM

No. If they knew that the bullying was going on,why weren’t these boys being monitored more closely or suspended prior to this event happening. A suspension is a slap on the wrist.I always thought that being spit on was the most disrespectful thing that one person could do to another, I didn’t even think urination was a possibility. Whether these boys understand the gravity of it or not, they know right from wrong and they know that that was 100% completely wrong.

Tony June 8, 2010, 11:25 AM

I think these kids should be thrown out of the school and forced to attend a different school. These kids are going to continue bullying the poor little girl when school starts up again unless they get rid of them. I think they should make the parents attend parenting classes and make this kids get some kind of psych evaluation.

Zack Ryder June 8, 2010, 11:25 AM

No one? It’s gonna be me? Alright then, I’m gonna have to defend Juliette here.

Everyone who is blasting Juliette for not wanting this kid’s head on a stick needs to seriously relax. My first thought when I stumbled upon this page was “Uh, okay? Whatever.”. I’m not saying peeing on someone isn’t wrong and that its normal and isn’t a big deal. It’s certainly a problem, but this isn’t a traumatizing thing nor is it some earth shattering social issue. For the record, I have been peed on myself, and while it certainly upset me and was nasty, it didn’t scar me for life or anything. Things like this DO happen, and I’ve heard of worse. It’s likely a result of bad parenting. Some people have even jumped to conlcusions that this kid is a pedophile in the making or has been molested or something. I think thats a stretch based off the limited information we’ve been given. Let’s keep a level ehad here and not let our emotions get the best of us.

In my opinion, the child should have in school suspension, as it’s likely this sort of behavior stems from bad parenting. If thats the case, I doubt he’d learn anything from staying home for a week. There definitely should be some sort of investigation into the parents to try and find a root to this problem. However, suggesting expulsion or the police to get involved is absolutely absurd. Expulsion? Really? You’re going to deprive the child of an education because he made an immature and stupid mistake at age seven? That would exacerbate the problem greatly.

Just relax people. It’s not like he raped her or killed her cat. Theres no reason to believe the kids a complete psycho. He’s just really stupid and really immature, even by 7 year old standards.

Victor  June 8, 2010, 12:22 PM

O C’mon don’t wet yourselfs (pun intended) there just boys… Parents are oh so overconcerned these days!

Meg June 8, 2010, 1:36 PM

Unfortunately schools ignore bullying until it reaches a critical point like this. Not only is 5 days suspension not enough, I think that if this boy is urinating on his classmates he needs some sort of therapy.
Too often are there cases of bullying taken too far, there needs to be stricter policies against it put in place. If a parent has to go to the school on behalf of their child more than once there is something wrong with that school. To ignore that kind of behavior at school and to ignore the parent of the student shows negligence on the school’s part.

Allison June 9, 2010, 1:36 PM

This is disgusting. Let me guess— there was no father in the family? If this happened to my girl, I would make that kid pay.

Juliette June 9, 2010, 2:47 PM

Zack, Victor -Thank you for being rational.

Heather June 9, 2010, 7:36 PM

“unfortunately things like this happen” WHAT!!!!! Things like this DO NOT happen, well I guess now SHOULDN’T happen. If I was that little girls Mom I would have sued that school. Boys exposing themselves…that is sexual harrassment, that is grounds for expulsion, don’t you think? I just read this article to my husband, and he said that he would have been each of those boys front door steps. I cannot believe this.

FED UP June 10, 2010, 2:32 PM

That’s another reason why children feel so confortable acting out in school. They know that they will not be desciplined at school either. And this ” principal ” should be disciplined for ignoring these numerous incidents. I PERSONALLY WOULD FIRE HIM. I will keep the child and her family in my prayers.

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH June 10, 2010, 2:36 PM

SUSPEND THE BOY FOR THE SAME AMOUNT OF TIME HE BULLIED THE LITTLE GIRL ( 6 MONTHS ), FIRE THE PRINCIPAL AND SUE THE PARENTS OF THE BOYS.

Sensei J. Richard Kirkham B.Sc. June 10, 2010, 2:47 PM

My background is behavior modification as well as martial arts. So what I want to know is where did these boys pick up this behavior?

Rick

Jordan June 11, 2010, 12:42 AM

While I don’t totally agree with Juilette, I think everyone else is overreacting. Yes, what the boy did was wrong. Yes, he was punished. Yes, the punishment fit the crime.

Any less time and he might not have seen how wrong his actions were. Any more time and the punishment would have been excessive. If he does it again, expulsion. Period end. But that must be made clear to the child.

It is the job of the parents, not the school, to teach children right from wrong. 95% of the comments on this site seem to forget that. Own up and take some responsibility of your children.